2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Safety Guy wrote:
CBK wrote:I specifically ordered mine WITHOUT all those stupid sensors etc. I don't like the stuff in civilian cars as it is, people are leaving too much up to the car these days. I sure as hell don't want some sensor beeping at me / slamming on the brakes or what ever when I'm busy doing my job. I disabled the seatbelt chime 1st thing. I just wish there was an easy way to shut up the stupid "door ajar / engine on" chime when I exit the vehicle like you can with the seatbelt!!!

You wouldn't be a fan of the Ford Focus. I drove one about 2 years ago as a rental. The damn thing beeped at me and told me to watch my speed every time I accelerated. Enough to drive you nuts when your doing stop and go. :cuss:

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO DRIVE YOU'RE A CAR! :cuss:

Whistler22
Seasoned Member

Postby Whistler22 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:17 pm

SierraSeven wrote:The explorer we have at our detachment is an electronic mess at around 40k. Strobes in the headlights don't work, alarms going off about the cross traffic and backup sensors being fucked, air bag light comes on at times.

I've been sticking to the Crown Vic's we have left and the new Tahoe at a neighbouring detachment.

New Tahoe as in the new bodystyle? I heard a rumour that the OPP wasn't buying any new Tahoes and the current ones were being driven to close to 300,000km.

Whistler22
Seasoned Member

Postby Whistler22 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:19 pm

OCCOP wrote:I didn't read the other 29 pages of this thread.

Just wondering, has any other force/service been talking about dumping the new Ford PI and either going completely with the Explorer or even giving the Dodge another go?

In discussion with a member of the local PS the other day a host of issues with the new Ford were brought forward;

(1) Regardless of Ford claiming that the interior equipment of the CVPI fitting in the Taurus...it didn't or at least not without being crammed in. There is about an inch of difference (less) I understand between the front seats resulting in old CVPI centre consoles pushing into the seats or being removed as not fitting at all.

(2) Seat, while ergonomically more comfortable makes it more difficult for an officer to draw their weapon while seated. (I don't carry so I'm just passing on what I was told and shown).

(3) Steering wheel is not able to be popped up quickly, which leads to equipment catching on the wheel while exiting quickly. Some have said their weapon has taken small chunks out of the steering wheel.

(4) Leg space lost is crazy. The service has gone to a combination of full cage and half-cage rear seats but even when there is only a half cage, a cop with long legs has trouble exiting because with the seat back further they are unable to exit quickly/cleanly.

I've driven the CVPI and the new Taurus took some getting used to. I don't like the blind spots or the reduced rear visibility and you can't take a curb with it like the CVPI but it handles better in the winter. We bought all new equipment so re-using CVPI stuff was not an issue but I could see how it would be to a service trying to save money.

I also in the past drove a first generation police package Charger and didn't like it, but it was a first-generation and maybe Dodge got the bugs out in later generations.

Sorry to come late and if these issues were discussed some time ago...

I heard all of those things, but from the same service you are talking about.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:05 am

Whistler22 wrote:
SierraSeven wrote:The explorer we have at our detachment is an electronic mess at around 40k. Strobes in the headlights don't work, alarms going off about the cross traffic and backup sensors being fucked, air bag light comes on at times.

I've been sticking to the Crown Vic's we have left and the new Tahoe at a neighbouring detachment.

New Tahoe as in the new bodystyle? I heard a rumour that the OPP wasn't buying any new Tahoes and the current ones were being driven to close to 300,000km.

Not the new body style, it's a new 2014.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

MB_CVE
Veteran Member

Postby MB_CVE » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Subordinate.

AHP309
Seasoned Member

Postby AHP309 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Nothing really new for a lot of agencies. In car computers, cameras, radios and phones all have GPS and are monitored by departments. Some agencies have the in car cameras set to automatically record once a vehicle hits a certain speed.

CBK

Postby CBK » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 am

Just more Sh*t that can go wrong with the car.