2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
User avatar
FedCO
King Poobah
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby FedCO » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:04 am

Matt_YRP wrote:Looks like Ford has added another option to the sedan.


http://www.policemag.com/channel/vehicl ... sedan.aspx


3.7 should be standard and 3.5 Ecoboost be an option.

wonka1990
Veteran Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:52 am
Location: GTA
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby wonka1990 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm

FedCO wrote:
MC07 wrote:I saw a Durham Region UI the other day.


Pictures? Was it nice?


http://drps.ca/upload_files/cruiser_20127310833.jpg
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 am
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:50 pm

wonka1990 wrote:
FedCO wrote:
MC07 wrote:I saw a Durham Region UI the other day.


Pictures? Was it nice?


http://drps.ca/upload_files/cruiser_20127310833.jpg


Those stripes are FABULOUS!

User avatar
Jframer7
Seasoned Member
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:55 am
Location: Edmonton
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby Jframer7 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:29 pm

wonka1990 wrote:
FedCO wrote:
MC07 wrote:I saw a Durham Region UI the other day.


Pictures? Was it nice?


http://drps.ca/upload_files/cruiser_20127310833.jpg


That had to be done up specific for pride parade! Hehe Rainbow-mobile.

User avatar
FedCO
King Poobah
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby FedCO » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Pictures? Was it nice?[/quote]

http://drps.ca/upload_files/cruiser_20127310833.jpg[/quote]

That had to be done up specific for pride parade! Hehe Rainbow-mobile.[/quote]

LMAO i almost thought that was the new way Durham was going to do up the rides hahaa.

Whistler
Veteran Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby Whistler » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Got to see some of the sedans up close at a blitz. The officers seemed to really like them. They said that they are roomy enough with one officer and they are faster and handle better than a cvpi. They were AWD cars.

User avatar
mark y
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: Surrey, BC
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby mark y » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Whistler wrote:Got to see some of the sedans up close at a blitz. The officers seemed to really like them. They said that they are roomy enough with one officer and they are faster and handle better than a cvpi. They were AWD cars.


Can I ask- which dep't?

Whistler
Veteran Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:13 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby Whistler » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:35 pm

mark y wrote:
Whistler wrote:Got to see some of the sedans up close at a blitz. The officers seemed to really like them. They said that they are roomy enough with one officer and they are faster and handle better than a cvpi. They were AWD cars.


Can I ask- which dep't?


Cornwall Ontario.

HTP
Rookie Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 am
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby HTP » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I just picked up the new utility interceptor, so far so good. Lots of room, picks up good, controls right on the steering wheel. I do miss my old crown vic, but the new interceptor is a nice unit.
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

User avatar
Auxiliary
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Summerside, PE
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby Auxiliary » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Has the RCMP put any of the new Taurus PI's in service yet or is there still CVPI units left? I think they are down to one or two "new" CVPI's here on PEI.
Last edited by Auxiliary on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mark y
Rookie Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: Surrey, BC
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby mark y » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:15 am

Auxiliary wrote:Has the RCMP put any of the new Tarus PI's in service yet or is there still CVPI units left? I think they are down to one or two "new" CVPI's here on PEI.


East has no, or few, CVPI's left to build. They're working on the Ford sedan prototype now. Out west, they still have a couple hundred Crown Vics so no new Ford models for a few months yet. I believe the prairies are pretty much out of CV's so they should start seeing the new Ford sedans, and some UI's , pretty soon.

User avatar
Auxiliary
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Summerside, PE
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby Auxiliary » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Thank you for the reply Mark. I have only seen one new PI Taurus in the town of Kensington and is stealth gray with no markings but plenty of lights and the eco boost. The two members I spoke with said that they like Taurus a lot better than their Hemi Charger and worn out CVPI.

User avatar
FedCO
King Poobah
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby FedCO » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Auxiliary wrote:Thank you for the reply Mark. I have only seen one new PI Taurus in the town of Kensington and is stealth gray with no markings but plenty of lights and the eco boost. The two members I spoke with said that they like Taurus a lot better than their Hemi Charger and worn out CVPI.


No doubt about it, those Eco Boost move!

minimedic
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:47 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby minimedic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Looks like the RCMP have started outfitting a couple interceptors...

http://policecanada.org/policeca/rcmp/whitev4/rcmpw478.jpg
CPS
Deferred 1 year- Feb 2012

User avatar
FedCO
King Poobah
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:

Re: 2013 Ford Interceptor & Utility

Postby FedCO » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 pm

minimedic wrote:Looks like the RCMP have started outfitting a couple interceptors...

http://policecanada.org/policeca/rcmp/whitev4/rcmpw478.jpg


Nice!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest