Hamilton Regional Unmarked

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
lndshark

Re: Hamilton Regional Unmarked

Postby lndshark » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:24 pm

goaliegibson wrote:don't see how it's a desperate tactic, but okay.

Yeah, what a great way to find aggressive drivers.

Seattle PD has something similar, but it's a marked car. It looks SIGNIFICANTLY differnet than a typical SPD unit:

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:35 pm

goaliegibson wrote:don't see how it's a desperate tactic, but okay.

Well, I'm a Halton resident and thought it was brilliant and lol'd the couple of times I saw that car with someone pulled over, both times on Trafalgar north of Britannia.

I recall that people complained about it being too sneaky or some such nonsense and the chief decided to pull it off the road, I guess for PR reasons. I'd like to see it used again in problem areas like school zones and busy 4 way stop intersections that have seen multiple accidents or complaints.

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm not sure how true the story was but someone told me that after a robbery in Halton the taxi cruiser showed up and the suspect ran right towards it thinking he was going to hop in and make a getaway. I thought they were brilliant for that, but I do agree that members of the public who are pissed off at the unfairness of a cab giving them a ticket are less likely to help the cops when crime happens... So I'd rather have a happy public that can speed a bit and help us than a pissed off public who think we're underhanded and hence want nothing to do with us.
"there are two types of people in this job; Workhorses who get it done, and Showhorses who take the credit. It's easier to be a Workhorse, there's less competition...."

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 am

That's a good point, I hadn't looked at it from that perspective.

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:12 am

Sandman wrote:I'm not sure how true the story was but someone told me that after a robbery in Halton the taxi cruiser showed up and the suspect ran right towards it thinking he was going to hop in and make a getaway. I thought they were brilliant for that, but I do agree that members of the public who are pissed off at the unfairness of a cab giving them a ticket are less likely to help the cops when crime happens... So I'd rather have a happy public that can speed a bit and help us than a pissed off public who think we're underhanded and hence want nothing to do with us.

People are always pissed off when they get tickets. I don't get how it being sneaky has any bearing on that. You break the law, don't get pissed off when you get caught. How is it any different then doing radar on foot or by air or by the stock charger the traffic dudes use?

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:50 pm

goaliegibson wrote:
Sandman wrote:I'm not sure how true the story was but someone told me that after a robbery in Halton the taxi cruiser showed up and the suspect ran right towards it thinking he was going to hop in and make a getaway. I thought they were brilliant for that, but I do agree that members of the public who are pissed off at the unfairness of a cab giving them a ticket are less likely to help the cops when crime happens... So I'd rather have a happy public that can speed a bit and help us than a pissed off public who think we're underhanded and hence want nothing to do with us.

People are always pissed off when they get tickets. I don't get how it being sneaky has any bearing on that. You break the law, don't get pissed off when you get caught. How is it any different then doing radar on foot or by air or by the stock charger the traffic dudes use?

No one has any sense of accountability any more. Got a ticket? It's the police's fault. Got arrested? Somehow it's the police's fault for that too. Your car got stolen when you left the keys in it? Well where were the police for that one? Home broken in after you posted all over facebook about going away for the week? Curse the police!
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 pm

It's not just in relation to the police, people have no sense of personal accountability these days in their jobs, relationships, etc. Everything is someone else's fault.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Or someone else responsibility

:smirk:

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey, speaking of HRPS unmarked units, I've been seeing a very nice black suburban around town, LEDs in the grille and elsewhere but no markings, just the usual antennae on the roof (you know, the pie plates :D ). Does it have any specific purpose or is it just some lucky guy's ride?

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Seriously though, looks very nice.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Got a ticket? It's the police's fault. Got arrested? Somehow it's the police's fault for that too.

Hahaha, the typical, "You ruined my life!" quote. Yes, because I have those incredible mind control skills that I use them to make "innocent" students destroy things, hurt others, do drugs. Yes, I use them on you rather than use them on having Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman or Keith Urban be waiting for me at my house to do my bidding. :angel:
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 pm

devilwoman wrote:
Got a ticket? It's the police's fault. Got arrested? Somehow it's the police's fault for that too.

Hahaha, the typical, "You ruined my life!" quote. Yes, because I have those incredible mind control skills that I use them to make "innocent" students destroy things, hurt others, do drugs. Yes, I use them on you rather than use them on having Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman or Keith Urban be waiting for me at my house to do my bidding. :angel:

Uh, hello?!? You are forgetting the obvious Gerard Butler. :bow:
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

devilwoman
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby devilwoman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Uh, hello?!? You are forgetting the obvious Gerard Butler.

Hahaha...indeed! My bad! :oops: I got distracted after typing Hugh Jackman..... :mrgreen:
"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

Cambo
Veteran Member

Postby Cambo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 pm

This topic is becoming inappropriate, I feel sexually harrassed.

I feel better now.
A people that values it's privileges above it's principles soon loses both
- Dwight Eisenhower

"Were you born stupid or did you pick that up along the way?"