RCMP auxiliary PC ?

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
cgy1
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP auxiliary PC ?

Postby cgy1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Jim Street wrote:
cgy1 wrote:why is it so hard to believe that an aux can have this ability? if that's what they do in bc, why wouldn't they get security clearance for cpic and the others?

You have never actually accessed CPIC have you?

and again, the term police officer vs peace officer, means nothing...

To you I suppose.

You can be appointed a peace officer, and the definition is broad in the Code. However, the authority will come with restrictions depending on one's jurisdiction and what they're sworn in for.

no, i haven't personally accessed cpic, i'm also not an aux officer, if that's what you are implying... never have been... i don't understand why you ask...

the term police officer is quite defined, either you are or you're not... there's not a whole lot of difference in authorities between police officers either... the main difference would be a province to province, and city to city difference for statutes and bylaws... peace officer, on the other hand, can be a wide spectrum of things, from basically by-law/parking enforcement, right up to the exact same as police officer, and there are situations where peace officers have authorities that police DO NOT have, it's a case to case basis, as far as your department and job classification

that's why i say the terms mean nothing... you have to know more about the specifics of the peace officer's appointment. TYPICALLY, peace officers have significantly less authority than a police officer in the same area

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 pm

CBSA has CPIC....the same as what frontline Police Officers have.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Ok, but do they have access in every booth on the crossing or in the main building somewhere? And if the booths are linked, were they linked end of last year?

I'am just trying to figure out why was the question answered with a 'no' and I know for sure it was a 'NO'. Maybe I was sleeping during class having a dream :smirk:
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:
Podhalan wrote:Ok, but do they have access in every booth on the crossing or in the main building somewhere? And if the booths are linked, were they linked end of last year?

I'am just trying to figure out why was the question answered with a 'no' and I know for sure it was a 'NO'. Maybe I was sleeping during class having a dream :smirk:

Not gonna disclose what capabilities we have on a open source public website good sir.

We catch bad guys all across Canada. Meaning arrest warrants from police too. Sooo....

Fair enough!! - I felt uncomfortable asking this because of that anyway.

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Force Recon wrote:CBSA has CPIC....the same as what frontline Police Officers have.
What Bitch Nutz says....

http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/pdfs/CPICPVCIPC.pdf

This is a link to the CPIC National Directory and when you're not busy manning roadblocks and arresting people on warrants Podhalan, take some time to peruse it and see how many CBSA offices across Canada that have CPIC access.

I'll save you the time, they all do....
:roll:
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:47 am

Great.. thanks. I will make sure I use my time off from whatever yanks on your chain and make you bitter to read the list.

SPARTAN
Veteran Member

Postby SPARTAN » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:29 am

Sorry to change gears on this discussion but I searched and could not find info.
Can you be RCM Police Aux and employed as a peace officer?
"Being in the army is like being a mushroom - kept in the dark, fed **** and keep coming back for more. " BMQ MCpl

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:46 am

SPARTAN wrote:Sorry to change gears on this discussion but I searched and could not find info.
Can you be RCM Police Aux and employed as a peace officer?

For BC

11.13 Persons who are not eligible for the A/R program:

(a) at the discretion of the Commanding Officer RCMP “E” Division, the Chief Constable, or
delegate, persons who hold peace officer status in any other area of employment or any
other volunteer service, unless employed directly by, or volunteering directly with, the
same police agency where the A/R is appointed, may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
to determine if the authorized A/R activities give rise to a real or perceived conflict of
interest and may be deemed ineligible;

(b) persons licensed under PISA as private investigators or who perform the same functions in
an unlicensed capacity;

(c) persons who are employed as security personnel may be excluded from eligibility for the
A/R program or may be excluded from authorized A/R activities that give rise to a real or
perceived conflict of interest. For the purposes of A/R recruiting policy, “security
personnel” includes private security and loss prevention officers; and

(d) persons who have business or social activities that create a real or perceived conflict of
interest.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 am

not a whole lot of difference in authorities between police officers either...

There is in Ontario. It's night and day. Outside of Federal Acts, a Peace Officer has almost no authority here.

CO

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:42 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:
not a whole lot of difference in authorities between police officers either...

There is in Ontario. It's night and day. Outside of Federal Acts, a Peace Officer has almost no authority here.

CO

Really? I thought a peace officer was anyone who enforces regulation/law (Federal, Provincial, or Municipal), but was not a police constable.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Whistler wrote:Really? I thought a peace officer was anyone who enforces regulation/law (Federal, Provincial, or Municipal), but was not a police constable.

He was hinting at the fact that generally peace officers (as defined in the Criminal Code) can't enforce many provincial statues. They can enforce whatever federal statues they'd like.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

rosie72
Rookie Member

Postby rosie72 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm

I will put my two cents in since I am a Peace Officer with a Provincial Authority. From what I know I can enforce any provincial regulation that our province has out there (mostly under The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act). We also enforce under The Environment Act (Federal). I am NOT and do not have the same authority as Police Officers however I am sworn in as a Peace officer so that I can enforce these regulations.
RPAT: February 2010 - 3.16
Rewrite: February 2011

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 am

IrishCanadian wrote:
Podhalan wrote:Ok, but do they have access in every booth on the crossing or in the main building somewhere? And if the booths are linked, were they linked end of last year?

Not gonna disclose what capabilities we have on a open source public website good sir.

We catch bad guys all across Canada. Meaning arrest warrants from police too. Sooo....

Haha Exactly. We know everything....we're the Government.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 am

And the bad guys from other countries too!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage