RCMP auxiliary PC ?

Discussion, ideas and thoughts on police vehicles.
SierraSeven
King Poobah

Re: RCMP auxiliary PC ?

Postby SierraSeven » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I think the sheer amount of shitty spelling and grammar in this thread is just as outrageous as an auxiliary member using CPIC 88)
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

bunnel
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby bunnel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:10 pm

SierraSeven wrote:I think the sheer amount of shitty spelling and grammar in this thread is just as outrageous as an auxiliary member using CPIC 88)

I agree...and one of them's supposedly a teacher for God's sake!

copperandblue
Rookie Member

Postby copperandblue » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Speaking of which, after the triple period, which implies the end of a sentence, you still need to begin with a capital.
Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out. Psalm 10:15

Mr-C
Rookie Member

Postby Mr-C » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:17 pm

It implies a pause within a sentence. Surely this is better than starting the next sentence with "and".

copperandblue
Rookie Member

Postby copperandblue » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Haha, y eah you would think so, but, technically, absoloutely nothing wrong with starting the sentence with "and".
Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out. Psalm 10:15

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:51 pm

copperandblue wrote:Haha, y eah you would think so, but, technically, absoloutely nothing wrong with starting the sentence with "and".

Or, we, could, just, make an awkward sentence, filled, with commas.

bunnel
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby bunnel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:10 pm

copperandblue wrote:Haha, y eah you would think so, but, technically, absoloutely nothing wrong with starting the sentence with "and".

Maybe in Hebrew....

copperandblue
Rookie Member

Postby copperandblue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:33 am

Not awkward, just a complex sentence. You might not have learned about it. You might like simple sentences.

copperandblue
Rookie Member

Postby copperandblue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:57 am

Haha I missed the Hebrew joke. Very funny actually; I had to chuckle. But, regardless if some people say some stupid things or step on a few toes, האם מישהו באמת אכפת הדקדוק כאן? אנחנו לא כל באותו צד?

cgy1
Rookie Member

Postby cgy1 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:46 pm

i agree, we are on the same side... and the internetz loathe grammar now i say we all settle this over a nice ham dinner

copperandblue
Rookie Member

Postby copperandblue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Haha. Nice. One assumes I am Jewish because I am Israeli! I love Ham!!! :D

Ktownaux
Rookie Member

Postby Ktownaux » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 pm

For the sake of all the other Auxiliaries that actually want to earn a modicum of respect from the members they volunteer with, please keep in mind that arguing with professional police officers on here does nothing to forward their perception of us. If you volunteer in a detachment that has allowed you to do things that some others may not be able to do, I think the best thing would be to not rock the boat and thank your detachment commander for trusting you. Broadcasting it on these boards is not going to help.

km
Rookie Member

Postby km » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Ktownaux wrote:For the sake of all the other Auxiliaries that actually want to earn a modicum of respect from the members they volunteer with, please keep in mind that arguing with professional police officers on here does nothing to forward their perception of us. If you volunteer in a detachment that has allowed you to do things that some others may not be able to do, I think the best thing would be to not rock the boat and thank your detachment commander for trusting you. Broadcasting it on these boards is not going to help.

100% agree with this.

BlueStripedPants
Rookie Member

Postby BlueStripedPants » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:44 pm

scairns wrote:The word police is also on the Toronto PEO vehicles.
http://policecanada.policecanada.org/Ca ... 609_LT.jpg

Sorry for quoting an old post...but I just noticed that the Parking Enforcement Supervisor did a less-then-stellar job of parking his tin can...
Under-promise and over-deliver.

Proud
Rookie Member

Postby Proud » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:55 am

Good evening Folks,

First of all give every single one of you guys be it
Auxiliary
Regular or Special
deserves a big pat on the back. for doing what is good for everyone and Thank you for that.

I enrolled into Surrey RCMP auxiliary program here in BC E division in 2008 and was put through a rigorous 6 month training including Use of Force and had to pass both theory and practical. Our Troop graduated in Feb 2009 and we had to complete a 90 hours competency training with 20 hours of NLU and 30 hours of GD ride alongs. It involved Cells, Dispatch, and District hours all in the competency before we could go out and serve. Yes we where sworn in. Yes we received our badges and Id cards. I was awarded the the Award by The Chief Superintendent of Surrey of having volunteered close to 1000 hours in my first year ( from March 2009 to Nov 2009). If i multiply the hourly rate at my day job i volunteered for $55000 for City of Surrey for free but money was not the option for me to do what i did. I was involved in 2-3 code 5 situations along with RM but never i was a liability for him i was him extra help. Mind you it was my time that i could have spent doing yard work or simply lying on couch watching tv but i opted to volunteer boy did i love it.

Selection process involved 3-4 months including a full background check and interview. Finally our security clearance came back from Ottawa. No where in the Policy and in the training was it ever told to us to be in fore front we are to supplement and not replace. Yes as an Auxiliary Constable you are allowed to operate the marked PC but you cannot drive with Emergency lights on that is easy way out of program.

Few members pointed out that Aux dont use computers i regularly went out for traffic ride alongs and GD even NLU ride alongs and was working on MDT and CPIC. on Few minors calls the member showed me how to write the report. he even let me write few and would check and send them after he corrected it if it needed. Before anyone jumps on no he was not being lazy he was giving Tips.

The original post about auxiliaries driving Auxiliary marked PCs got lost here. then the pictures of Surrey's new marked PCs came up.

The point being where the Auxiliaries trying to get free food or acting as police officers when they where driving i mean everyone has to eat so if they where coming from an event and decided to run through a drive through did they commit crime. Believe me here in BC you will be thrown out of the program if you act or try to impersonate a Police officer even though your uniform is somewhat similar all the Auxiliary Constables are very well aware of the policy. Training is unfortunately based upon the detachment and i am extremely proud to say Surrey offers the best training not only in BC but i think in Canada.

I cannot speak about other provinces on what their program offers and how they train. These marked PCs are property of City of Surrey and not RCMP. Auxiliary cars are paid for by the city they are in and not by the RCMP but are readily available for regular member if need arises.
The risk factor is obviously known to the person joining the program but it is also due to the fact that he might be an aspiring towards Policing as Career.It si not just like that termed as Ultimate Volunteer program few Aux constable have lost their life in line of duty they did not do it to get insurance money they did it for a passion they shared. Getting to know the job better before you go in. One of the district commanders was our major trainer in theory. The Sergeant responsible for Use of Force training for regular members is the one that performs the use of force training for Auxiliaries. Including the Pepper spray drill ( oh yea loved that one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Well unfortunately this topic will never die out as even though the people work on same side of fence few decide helping hands are not worthy of respect as they volunteer for free. But during my service period i can only talk so High of the Regular Members i went out to be one of the best Human beings i have encountered. yes few where a little strict but even that is needed I did ride along with few Burnaby members during their events and lots here in Surrey. Way i see it is few have a genuine concern towards safety which makes them great officers as they truly care for community but for few others that take auxiliaries to be a threat to their job i would say please don't. Mind you they are only there to help you not take your jobs away they are fully satisfied ( mostly) with their day jobs to serve as volunteers if they want they can join and become regular members too at that point do they suddenly grow feathers :smirk: .

Sorry not meaning to offend anyone as i see you guys are really great human beings for putting your life at risk for the whole community even though half the idiots out there don't see that.There is not enough money in the world to pay the services and dedications that our Military and Police put in for the rest of the community.

I parted out of the program due to personal reasons after serving for around 2 years but am immensely proud to having being selected and served as a RCMP E div Auxiliary.I have a certificate with Deputy Commissioners of E div`s signature and my en crested Badge which makes me very proud to have being associated with such an Elite organization. Sorry no offense to any other Police force you guys are good but Mounties :pistols: Kick ass and Rock.

Be safe out their.