Tasered on CBC Feb 18

Discussion, questions on police use of force procedures.
MedTech
Grand Poobah

Re: Tasered on CBC Feb 18

Postby MedTech » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:41 pm

adavies1974 wrote:You are missing the point i was trying to make. The PUBLIC perception of CEW's is that they are non-lethal. IMIM already designates them as "Less-lethal". If the PUBLIC were aware of the possible risks associated with CEW's they might be less likely to resist, therefore reducing the requirement to use them. And should it be used and injury or death occurs of course there with be an investigation with its use cited as a contributing factor, but the PUBLIC would be aware that injury/death is a possible outcome from its use.

Lets face it, no matter what we do its always the 9am assasins who will make the judgements and calls on why didnt you do this or that. All I was trying to say was it might make our lives a little less difficult if the PUBLIC was aware that the original claim of non-lethal was incorrect, and that there is a small chance in those susceptible, that injury/death may occur. This wouldnt stop the use of CEW's, just allow the public to be better informed of the risks to them should they require 'encouragement' to comply....

PUBLIC are sheep. PUBLIC doesn't want to know how we make the decisions, and the reasons why we do it. PUBLIC are sheep.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

adavies1974
Rookie Member

Postby adavies1974 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Ok, enough said. I'm done...................

gotchya

Postby gotchya » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 pm

adavies1974 wrote: All I was trying to say was it might make our lives a little less difficult if the PUBLIC was aware that the original claim of non-lethal was incorrect, and that there is a small chance in those susceptible, that injury/death may occur. This wouldnt stop the use of CEW's, just allow the public to be better informed of the risks to them should they require 'encouragement' to comply....

If you said that, the hippies would immediatly ban the use of CEW's...
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Gardenfit » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:23 pm

gotchya wrote:
adavies1974 wrote: All I was trying to say was it might make our lives a little less difficult if the PUBLIC was aware that the original claim of non-lethal was incorrect, and that there is a small chance in those susceptible, that injury/death may occur. This wouldnt stop the use of CEW's, just allow the public to be better informed of the risks to them should they require 'encouragement' to comply....

If you said that, the hippies would immediatly ban the use of CEW's...

Maybe some full page ads in all the major papers advising those who have heart conditions etc etc not to do anything that would cause them to be tasered.

basketcase
Poobah Overlord

Postby basketcase » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 pm

adavies1974 wrote:Ok, enough said. I'm done...................

What is it you do? Just curious it's got no relevant bearing on anything.
OFFICER OF THE LAW

Toonces
King Poobah

Postby Toonces » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:15 pm

CC9769 wrote:Maybe some full page ads in all the major papers advising those who have heart conditions etc etc not to do anything that would cause them to be tasered.

That must be Aussie common sense, because that sensible standpoint sure doesn't fly here in lefty land.
I will NOT respond to PMs from those not belonging to the private side.

adavies1974
Rookie Member

Postby adavies1974 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:13 pm

basketcase wrote:
I thought it would be obvious from the thread. I have been on a career break for the last little bit, but I am on the job as most are here.

PPSC Lawyer
Rookie Member

Postby PPSC Lawyer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 pm

VanB wrote:
adavies1974 wrote:
basketcase wrote:
I thought it would be obvious from the thread. I have been on a career break for the last little bit, but I am on the job as most are here.

What exactly does a "career break" mean? Usually when someone says that, they are inferring that they have been told by their employer not to show up to work for a while/at all. Usually not for decent reasons.

Parental leave?
Disability leave?
No longer with PPSC, but still 100% Crown Prosecutor.

adavies1974
Rookie Member

Postby adavies1974 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:04 pm

:offtopic:
You know what, I don't think I have to justify myself to anyone, especially on this kind of forum. You think what you want, but career break means exactly that. Years spent in the same job and I wanted some time away. Certain members on here seem to want an argument or to feel superior to others. Little man syndrome? And those who have experience of a suspension or dismissal being referred to as a career break are not really the sort of peers I really want to communicate with. Throwing accusations and judgements about another person without having any knowledge of facts....wow you must be real good officers.
I was under the impression this was a friendly helpful forum for brothers to share opinions and thoughts. You guys suck

adavies1974
Rookie Member

Postby adavies1974 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 pm

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

I say again, you guys suck