Off Duty police powers

Discussion, questions on police use of force procedures.
User avatar
LAWDOG
Regular Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: Berta!
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby LAWDOG » Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 am

So if a Peace Officer is technically never off duty, then how come they can't wear their secret ring, or have an "Off Duty ring" like the cops do in the US?
"A good plan violently executed right now, is far better than a perfect plan executed next week." Gen. George S Patton

User avatar
bravo
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: over there..
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby bravo » Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 pm

dido.. no radio no use of force options.. thats the sort of situation i want to be in...

User avatar
gotchya
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby gotchya » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 pm

LAWDOG wrote:So if a Peace Officer is technically never off duty, then how come they can't wear their secret ring, or have an "Off Duty ring" like the cops do in the US?

Image
Really, "off-duty rings"...WTF?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:57 pm

That's circa 2009 material there!
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
ryan.p
Rookie Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:18 am
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby ryan.p » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Let's just pretend this thread never happened.
| Now on board with VanB's 5 step program |

User avatar
gotchya
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby gotchya » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:That's circa 2009 material there!

Somehow it ended up in the "Active thread page"...WTF? Didn't read the date. My bad.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

User avatar
Gard
King Poobah
Posts: 2457
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2000 1:01 am
Location: In the Temple of Syrinx.
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby Gard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:56 am

I'm like Sir Robin in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

"When danger reared it's ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled".
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

User avatar
ODIN
Veteran Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:53 am
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby ODIN » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am

When Im off duty thats it..as for secret rings..as you can tell by my avatar, yes I have a ring, but as anyone can see it, not much of a secret.
CTP-22

Molson
Rookie Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 am
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby Molson » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Image

User avatar
BROVO26
Regular Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:57 pm
Location: Home sweet home
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby BROVO26 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

I find the secret handshake and winking 21 1/2 times with my right eye is enought. The ring is so last year. :D
It's not if you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby Respond Wayne » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:56 pm

BROVO26 wrote:I find the secret handshake and winking 21 1/2 times with my right eye is enought. The ring is so last year. :D


Hold on, you guys don't do the "Code 3 710 Flasher" winking?

Or maybe it's only a TPS thing... :P
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
el_prez
Grand Poobah
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Fixing my DQOR errors
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby el_prez » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:02 am

ODIN wrote:When Im off duty thats it..as for secret rings..as you can tell by my avatar, yes I have a ring, but as anyone can see it, not much of a secret.


Damn Stonecutters!
"Did someone dial 9-1-holysh*t?!"

User avatar
ODIN
Veteran Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:53 am
Contact:

Re: Off Duty police powers

Postby ODIN » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:21 pm

el_prez wrote:
ODIN wrote:When Im off duty thats it..as for secret rings..as you can tell by my avatar, yes I have a ring, but as anyone can see it, not much of a secret.


Damn Stonecutters!


You a cutter el_prez? :D
CTP-22


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest