Dealing with spitters...Aussie style!

Discussion, questions on police use of force procedures.
Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Dealing with spitters...Aussie style!

Postby Gardenfit » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Watch and enjoy :

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en- ... 9f1df8ca27

No-one likes a spitter!

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Re: Dealing with spitters...Aussie style!

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:59 pm

A couple hard trips there... they should really watch the uneven sidewalks! ;)
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:23 pm

We had a Cst a few years back who was dealing with a women who was well known to police. She has every disease in the book. When he was arresting her, the officer had her pined up against the trunk of the car similar to the aussie cst. She kept tryin got kick and spit him as he waited for back up. The officer, in attempts to control her, slamed her down a few times on the trunk of the car not nearly as hard as the aussie cop. It looked like he was smashing her face into the trunk. The officer was arrested and charged with assualt because someone filmed the incident. He was convicted in the end. He's still on the job and is a great cop. All because of some violent crack whore who has a history of assaulting police.

stormm12
Rookie Member

Postby stormm12 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:28 am

Most people love the idea of police. However, they don't like the reality. They want police to protect them, they just don't want to see how this is done. Nice to see the police minister in Queensland standing behind the officers. Echoing what BaldMan said, I can say with relative certainty that if that video came out in Canada, there would be a public outcry...
Occupying a front row seat at the fight between realism and idealism

Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Gardenfit » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:55 am

I must stress this is completly out of the ordinary....99% of us are warm and caring and treat people likr this with compassion and understanding.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:02 am

CC9769 wrote:I must stress this is completly out of the ordinary....99% of us are warm and caring and treat people likr this with compassion and understanding.

F***, he slammed her down good though...haha :D And the little man that got tossed on the side walk..too funny

Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Gardenfit » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:06 am

Out of interest the OPS cop who was charged & found guilty of assault, how did he keep his job ??? I find that very surprising that a) he was charged b) he was found guilty & c) he is still a PO ....crazy!

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:21 am

CC9769 wrote:Out of interest the OPS cop who was charged & found guilty of assault, how did he keep his job ??? I find that very surprising that a) he was charged b) he was found guilty & c) he is still a PO ....crazy!

Long story and I don't know all the facts. He originally won but then the crown appealed and found then found guilty. He recieved a conditional sentence where he had to perform some community service. The police service tried to fire him. But after the police act charges were delt with, the service couldn't fire him. He is very lucky to still have his job. IT really is an unfortunate situation. He was a rookie at the time. I think what screwed him was that he messed up his testimony in court. He's a great guy, had support from all members and everyone was very happy to see him keep his job.

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby SPC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:11 pm

A lot of police officers charged and convicted of assault are still police officers.
"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."

TacticsPT
Rookie Member

Postby TacticsPT » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:59 pm

We should fly out the RCMP and have them taser the aussies, then we can say that not only do we taser imigrants, we also taser as immigrants. See, very one is equal in our eyes!

Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Gardenfit » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:25 pm

We have just finished a taser trial here and I anticipate a roll out next yr sometime. Over here with use of force issues they look at parity/disparity. So in a sense whilst Im sure the gentleman with the hat was lucky he wasn't sprayed or struck with a baton when he was resisting or even punched , I think you'd have a hard time justifying tasering the young lady. Aussies aren't used to the taser just yet so we still have that mindset of talking, or attempting to talk it over with our clients before using a use of force option. It does look messy on the television but as it stands our Police minister's father is an ex-cop and so she is right on side...sometimes it seems more than the commissioner himself.

dusty
Grand Poobah

Postby dusty » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Definitely well handled by the aussie coppers. It sure is refreshing to see the brass backing up their officers.
I personally did it for the money and the glory... my disappointment was tempered by the fact that I got a gun and a fast car-VanB

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Bald Man wrote:We had a Cst a few years back who was dealing with a women who was well known to police. She has every disease in the book. When he was arresting her, the officer had her pined up against the trunk of the car similar to the aussie cst. She kept tryin got kick and spit him as he waited for back up. The officer, in attempts to control her, slamed her down a few times on the trunk of the car not nearly as hard as the aussie cop. It looked like he was smashing her face into the trunk. The officer was arrested and charged with assualt because someone filmed the incident. He was convicted in the end. He's still on the job and is a great cop. All because of some violent crack whore who has a history of assaulting police.

Didn't that video end up on the news cause I remember seeing something like that a few years ago.

Commish.
Seasoned Member
Location: That place between were you live and that other city.

Postby Commish. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 am

Hoodwinkle wrote:Po-po coming....

I'd like to make a motion...any person wearing a wide straight brim hat be thrown down on the nearest sidewalk. Seconds?

I see your sidewalk and raise you a flight of stairs.
-People think that I'm quiet because I'm shy, but really I've been silently judging them from afar and determining that they're all fucking retards.