Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Discussion, questions on police use of force procedures.
User avatar
scott90
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby scott90 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

You Tube comment
If the guards work for the LCBO, which is a Crown Corporation, then they have special powers beyond those of security guards working for private businesses. In fact, they have "peace officer" status. See Public Works Protection Act, RSO 1990, ch.P55

WOW, I don't think it works like that

User avatar
gotchya
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby gotchya » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:32 pm

scott90 wrote:You Tube comment
If the guards work for the LCBO, which is a Crown Corporation, then they have special powers beyond those of security guards working for private businesses. In fact, they have "peace officer" status. See Public Works Protection Act, RSO 1990, ch.P55

WOW, I don't think it works like that

The Poster has it all wrong. They have Ninja power!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

OnTalyn
Seasoned Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: B.C.
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby OnTalyn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:13 am

Nooooo not Ninja Power.

Would that trump Super Twins Power Activate!

User avatar
TwE@k
Seasoned Member
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby TwE@k » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:22 am

OnTalyn wrote:Nooooo not Ninja Power.

Would that trump Super Twins Power Activate!


Form of......Group 4 Security LP!!
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

User avatar
gotchya
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby gotchya » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:49 pm

OnTalyn wrote:Nooooo not Ninja Power.

Would that trump Super Twins Power Activate!

You got it all wrong:
Image
Image
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

TacticsPT
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby TacticsPT » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Word on the street ( I never get tired of saying that) is that TLC has or are coming out with a Mall security show

User avatar
gotchya
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby gotchya » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 am

TacticsPT wrote:Word on the street ( I never get tired of saying that) is that TLC has or are coming out with a Mall security show

Ya man, October 16,2009 check it out!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

wonka1990
Seasoned Member
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:52 am
Location: GTA
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby wonka1990 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:55 am

bahahahaha thats hilarious! Wonder if they're gonna have paul blart on it?

ON a note of the LCBO incident... and I dunno if anyone has said this yet or not, when the LPO started punching the guy... it was because he was biting his hand. We had to read up on the specific incident for my use of force training.
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.

User avatar
Lemkie
Regular Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby Lemkie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 pm

gotchya wrote:
TacticsPT wrote:Word on the street ( I never get tired of saying that) is that TLC has or are coming out with a Mall security show

Ya man, October 16,2009 check it out!


I can't wait to see it! It's gonna be a good laugh for sure!

User avatar
gotchya
Regular Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: 10-20
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby gotchya » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 pm

wonka1990 wrote: ON a note of the LCBO incident... and I dunno if anyone has said this yet or not, when the LPO started punching the guy... it was because he was biting his hand. We had to read up on the specific incident for my use of force training.

I thought he was punching his bicep to get control of his hand for handcuffing... :ponder:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

User avatar
mcdonaja
Lord of the Poobahs
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:20 pm
Location: Anywhere but here
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby mcdonaja » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 pm

alexlacelle wrote:
gotchya wrote:
TacticsPT wrote:Word on the street ( I never get tired of saying that) is that TLC has or are coming out with a Mall security show

Ya man, October 16,2009 check it out!


I can't wait to see it! It's gonna be a good laugh for sure!


Image

Yep it'll be a nail biter for sure.
"Cops solve problems. Don't be a problem and you won't get solved."
Freedom Friday - Jan 06 2012 - 32 years 1 month

wonka1990
Seasoned Member
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:52 am
Location: GTA
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby wonka1990 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:37 pm

gotchya wrote:
wonka1990 wrote: ON a note of the LCBO incident... and I dunno if anyone has said this yet or not, when the LPO started punching the guy... it was because he was biting his hand. We had to read up on the specific incident for my use of force training.

I thought he was punching his bicep to get control of his hand for handcuffing... :ponder:


Nope, he was biting his hand. And he wondered why he punched him..
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.

UofO-Officer
Rookie Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: University Of Ottawa
Contact:

Re:

Postby UofO-Officer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Respond Wayne wrote:Are you authorized to handcuff him? Let's see your badge! Read him his rights! :roll:

That's where Dog should have come in and Bear Sprayed the onlookers! :twisted:



HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jim Street
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Postby Jim Street » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Missed the joke a year ago huh?
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: Re:

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:46 pm

UofO-Officer wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote:Are you authorized to handcuff him? Let's see your badge! Read him his rights! :roll:

That's where Dog should have come in and Bear Sprayed the onlookers! :twisted:



HAHAHAHAHAHA


Holey year old post revival... HOLEY, where have YOU been for the past 3 years? :shock:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest