Recent LCBO Security publicity....

Discussion, questions on police use of force procedures.
Jonny Utah
Sage Member

Postby Jonny Utah » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Ironic story.

My girlfriend and my sister were walking out of the Pickle Barrel restaurant at the Bay Atrium and witnessed this situation. I sent her this video and she replied "ya, that was the one I told you about months ago" :?

She said there had to be 30 people there standing around watching and that some of the bystanders almost got involved trying to help out asshat who was being arrested.

Wierd.

J.

Ricardo Tubbs
Rookie Member

Postby Ricardo Tubbs » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:14 pm

So that is in the Eaton Centre right?

ten_7

Postby ten_7 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 am

Last edited by ten_7 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister E
Rookie Member

Postby Mister E » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Ricardo Tubbs wrote:not an easy situation for the LPO's, looks to me like it took them longer to get the guy in compliance because they were worried about defending themselves against the goofs standing around playing Jonnie Cochran.

I thought those two guys who walked up in the beginning were going to jump in. Is anything coming out of this incident?

bigshow

Postby bigshow » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:03 pm

I tell ya, I had a hard time watching this, makes me want 2 call for backup just to arrest the assheads standing around yelling stuff. Bad guys robbing someone usually dont yell "Call 911". I work in a plain clothes unit and this happens all the time, yet I never see this when I'm off duty. I thin those guys did a great job, and used very little force at all. Good work.

( to bad someone didn't come runnin in with a taser - the clown would never resist again)
F.O.C.U.S.

Coke6pk

Postby Coke6pk » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:24 pm

Way back in the day when I worked as an LPO, I was floorwalking at an A&P on Barton St in Hamilton (Real classy-freddy-blassy area for those who don't know it ;) )

Anywho, I had a woman (who had 20 lbs. of meat shoved in her pants) run on me... I got her where the parking lot met Barton, and grabbed her. Well doesn't she start yelling "Rape". A car load of guys who looked like they just finished football practice stopped to offer her assistance. I was pleading for them to listen to me (All they wanted was for me to let go of her). She tried to run again and I took her to the ground.... in the end I instructed one of the guys to pull the ID card from my jacket pocket.... otherwise they were ready to kill me....

My salute to the guys and gals still doing LPO...

Coke

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:05 am

Those wannabe lawyers are sooooo annoying! A taser would have helped alot in that situation. :taser:

Mark P
Rookie Member

Postby Mark P » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:11 am

Man thats a crappy situation...

TR
Sage Member

Postby TR » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:54 am

I think they handled it quite well. They were very articulate and made loud, clear demands for everyone to hear (especially the camera).

I assume the guy will face charges of Resist Arrest, Assault, etc along with his Theft under.

And the guy filming, oh what a perfect witness for the Crown.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:43 am

If you think the comments on the video are way out there, try reading the 63 pages worth of comments from every dumbass street lawyer and supposed use of force expert out there "They had no right to this detain him, hit him, arrest him. They had to id themselves, why didn't they read him his rights, the LPO were untrained and didn't know what they were doing and on and on".

rookie sheriff

Postby rookie sheriff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:48 pm

I did 6 yrs of LP work and these guys did an awesome job.....anyone try to count the people that step around or almost over these guys and keep on going.

Rye
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Rye » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:21 am

bigshow wrote:I tell ya, I had a hard time watching this, makes me want 2 call for backup just to arrest the assheads standing around yelling stuff. Bad guys robbing someone usually dont yell "Call 911". I work in a plain clothes unit and this happens all the time, yet I never see this when I'm off duty. I thin those guys did a great job, and used very little force at all. Good work.

( to bad someone didn't come runnin in with a taser - the clown would never resist again)

Next time you get into a dust up and this situation comes about, and they're shouting at you, ask for their help. If no help, once it's all done, and they're still around you have the option of arresting them...

129. Every one who

(b) omits, without reasonable excuse, to assist a public officer or peace officer in the execution of his duty in arresting a person or in preserving the peace, after having reasonable notice that he is required to do so, or
Never, Never, Never Quit

and

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential

- Winston Churchill

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:24 am

Yeah, then you can have two fights instead of one! :P

CO