Cop out of earshot hears remark, confronts pedestrians.

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Red_Rose
Rookie Member

Cop out of earshot hears remark, confronts pedestrians.

Postby Red_Rose » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:53 pm

I wish I had a video camera on me when this happened. It was priceless.

Lastnight, I had just completed an evening shift at work, and was outside a coffee shop. I caught sight of two young Native Indians making an attempt to cross the street. A cruiser passed them slowly. They stopped in their tracks as it drove by.
When the cruiser was out of hearing shot, the two persons grinned, giggled and exchanged demeaning comments about the police officer driving the cruiser.
The cruiser screeched to a halt, the cop put his gears in reverse, and the cruiser smoothly slide backwards towards the speakers. The police officer turned and proceeded to give them a very stern talk. Scolded them for five whole minutes.
"Justice will exist when both parties admit their faults..."

INTERCEPTOR
Rookie Member

Postby INTERCEPTOR » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm

I hope those kids have figured out that thier mouths can get them into trouble as well as their actions. And I also hope that officer doesn't get a "racism" complaint against him/her :roll:

HyJynx

Postby HyJynx » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:12 pm

This is the funniest thing that happens to idot people. I remember while being an aux that the officers I rode with always had their windows down to hear what is goin on outside.

On nice winter day (I think it was around -20), the window is open a little and we see three punks walking down the street in downtown Brampton. One opens his mouth and does the "look out here comes the po po" as we drive by. So we turn the corner, pull over and get out of the car. We wait a minute and there are the punks coming around the corner.... I never saw anyone turn as white as these three, they made snow look opaque.....

Turned out one of the kids was on a recog for assault PO... can't even begin to tell you how bad a day he ended up having :twisted:

Moral of the stories... when the police drive by smile and say hi... saying something stupid will not be fun.... well maybe not for the person that said it :twisted:
SIC VIC PACUM PARA BELLUM
----------------------------------
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR

APA Grad
Rookie Member

Postby APA Grad » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:17 pm

This past summer while working with Charlottetown Police, myself and my partner were on foot patrol and heading off to lunch, one of the guys in an unmarked car picked us up, as we drove along the main drag slowly, there were 3 guys walking down the sidewalk and you could faintly here the f**k off, so as the verteran copper driver turned around, well he had a few choice words for those guys, needless to say they shit their pants, pretty funny
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full
power to taxi to the terminal

warden602
Grand Poobah

Postby warden602 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Hehehe

I can recall driving by a campsite full of youngish types in pre-party mode by mid-afternoon. As I went by, one of them yelled out "Hey Yogi!"

Thinking it was an invitation to chat :twisted: I stopped and got out....

...just in time to see them toss a HUGE ziplock bag full of a green substance into the fire in a mad panic...

There goes your ganja supply for the weekend... suckers...

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby pukie » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:36 pm

warden602 wrote:Hehehe

I can recall driving by a campsite full of youngish types in pre-party mode by mid-afternoon. As I went by, one of them yelled out "Hey Yogi!"

Thinking it was an invitation to chat :twisted: I stopped and got out....

...just in time to see them toss a HUGE ziplock bag full of a green substance into the fire in a mad panic...

There goes your ganja supply for the weekend... suckers...

ROTFLMAO... :rolllaugh:

bigshotceo
Rookie Member

Postby bigshotceo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:32 pm

wow-I would have just asked the officer if he felt he had reason to detain me. If he did he didn't, I would've walked off. (I'm a big fan of free speech).

pukie
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby pukie » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:44 pm

bigshotceo wrote:wow-I would have just asked the officer if he felt he had reason to detain me. If he did he didn't, I would've walked off. (I'm a big fan of free speech).

Boloney..you would have wet yourself... :twisted:

Rubberducky
Rookie Member

Postby Rubberducky » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:47 pm

bigshotceo wrote:wow-I would have just asked the officer if he felt he had reason to detain me. If he did he didn't, I would've walked off. (I'm a big fan of free speech).

Apparently you are also a big fan of freedom from brain.

Freedom of Speech generally protects your right to have your own opinion but not to verbally abuse someone.

bigshotceo
Rookie Member

Postby bigshotceo » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:08 pm

Rubberducky wrote:Freedom of Speech generally protects your right to have your own opinion but not to verbally abuse someone.

They weren't verbally abusing anyone. It would have been verbal abuse if they were standing right in front of red_rose and screaming. Since the cruiser was "out of hearing shot", red_rose must have only barely heard it; that could only barely being considered "being verbally abused".

pukie wrote:Boloney..you would have wet yourself...
Why would I? I would know I hadn't committed any crime, nor am I a wanted individual.

Don't get me wrong-I don't think it's right to insult a police officer. I generally have respect for the police and it's not something I would do. I do think, however, that being able to insult the police if you so choose (without interfering in their work or acting in a threatening manner) is important for free speech in a democratic society.

warden602
Grand Poobah

Postby warden602 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:17 pm

Meh... had that happened in a park... I would've just charged and evicted them for "using abusive or insulting language" under the regulations... :D

Then drive around on my tricycle yelling "Respect my authoritah!"

gibamet
Seasoned Member

Postby gibamet » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Reminds me of the police foundations student that got himself arrested because he thought he was a smarty pants with a college edumacation...

Steve French

Postby Steve French » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:40 pm

I often in my voyages randomly insult people on the streets, the resulting bruises and swelling led me to believe my rights to insult and belittle ends with their rights (and lefts). :roll:

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:06 pm

This video clip comes to mind after reading this thread... POLICE ASS WHOOPING
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Game Face
Rookie Member

Postby Game Face » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:25 pm

That would be funny watching bigshotceo 'using' his freedom of speech... and than feel the officer use his freedom of billyclub on his legs