RCMP pot policy

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Bhart18
Rookie Member

RCMP pot policy

Postby Bhart18 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 pm

https://globalnews.ca/news/4529324/rcmp ... on-policy/

With no real consensus on the limit of intoxication after consumption, what's the reasonable solution? 28 days, 7 days, 'fit for duty'? Are the effects just not understood enough, so err on the side of caution? Does a minute amount of THC in the blood mean you're under influence?
Troop 32 - 14 Jan 2019

ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Re: RCMP pot policy

Postby ShadowBrooks » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:32 pm

Bhart18 wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/4529324/rcmp-cannabis-legalization-policy/

With no real consensus on the limit of intoxication after consumption, what's the reasonable solution? 28 days, 7 days, 'fit for duty'? Are the effects just not understood enough, so err on the side of caution? Does a minute amount of THC in the blood mean you're under influence?

You will likely see this policy change as time goes on, and depending on the court process other departments might follow suit with more or less time as well. (just my opinion)

Using alcohol as an example the limit gets stricter as time goes on, just doing a quick search on the history there was a no actual reading it was up to the discretion of the officer (no device existed). To then a .15 BAC to now the .08 depending on where you live.. in BC its .05.

I think we will see the same thing with THC within the legislation and within companies.
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

Bhart18
Rookie Member

Postby Bhart18 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 am

Will be interesting to see how each dept evens out
Off the cuff, 28 days seems a little excessive; conversely, 'fit for duty' seems a bit too subjective.
Troop 32 - 14 Jan 2019

Ziggy Stardust
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Ziggy Stardust » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:28 pm

This entire exercise has been every bit the shit-show I envisioned it would be and a distraction from far more important things. I think that was the plan all along.
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 am

Ziggy Stardust wrote:This entire exercise has been every bit the shit-show I envisioned it would be and a distraction from far more important things. I think that was the plan all along.

Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."