Toronto ETF (the security company)

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
User avatar
ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 am
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby ShadowBrooks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 pm

@Rareform

You just wish you got cool shit like that at work 8)
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

User avatar
Rareform
Seasoned Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Rareform » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Hue hue hue hue hue! Funny guy!

Totally. I've always wanted to look like ERT/ETF. :roll:
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

User avatar
Hattie
Veteran Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm
Location: Here. Sometimes over there. Or other times over by that tree...
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Hattie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

Been seeing job postings for this other outfit lately: Other than the name, hard to even compare to the eliteness of ETFSEC!: https://www.specopssecuritygroup.com/

I think I have seen a lifted ram 3500 with their logo on it, but hard to tell since it's that 'ghost' writing.
Humour and sarcasm are my default options. Except on Tuesdays.

User avatar
IndictableChaser
Veteran Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Hattie wrote:Been seeing job postings for this other outfit lately: Other than the name, hard to even compare to the eliteness of ETFSEC!: https://www.specopssecuritygroup.com/

I think I have seen a lifted ram 3500 with their logo on it, but hard to tell since it's that 'ghost' writing.

Hmmm

Seems like a related company to

http://www.cisprotection.com

Which used to be called corporate intelligence service

Same guards, some photos are the same
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

User avatar
Hattie
Veteran Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm
Location: Here. Sometimes over there. Or other times over by that tree...
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Hattie » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:Hmmm

Seems like a related company to

http://www.cisprotection.com

Which used to be called corporate intelligence service

Same guards, some photos are the same

I just want to catch them out on the road with their hard-wired amber lamps. :twisted: Once off-site, must be removed.
Humour and sarcasm are my default options. Except on Tuesdays.

User avatar
IndictableChaser
Veteran Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Hattie wrote:
IndictableChaser wrote:Hmmm

Seems like a related company to

http://www.cisprotection.com

Which used to be called corporate intelligence service

Same guards, some photos are the same

I just want to catch them out on the road with their hard-wired amber lamps. :twisted: Once off-site, must be removed.

I see Garda with red light bars (I know they’re red because I saw them lit up once on a 71) travelling between sites all the time. Never used on public roads of course, but still never gave it a second thought
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

User avatar
Hattie
Veteran Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm
Location: Here. Sometimes over there. Or other times over by that tree...
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Hattie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

IndictableChaser wrote:I see Garda with red light bars (I know they’re red because I saw them lit up once on a 71) travelling between sites all the time. Never used on public roads of course, but still never gave it a second thought


Interesting. Shouldn't have them in Alberta but sometimes exemptions exist; such as my own employer requesting one for our vehicles to utilize amber flashing lamps for our directional bars...

Amber isn't too big of a deal but I have seen people intentionally misuse them and when you have companies mimicking law enforcement it does not take long.
Humour and sarcasm are my default options. Except on Tuesdays.

User avatar
IndictableChaser
Veteran Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby IndictableChaser » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Hattie wrote:
IndictableChaser wrote:I see Garda with red light bars (I know they’re red because I saw them lit up once on a 71) travelling between sites all the time. Never used on public roads of course, but still never gave it a second thought


Interesting. Shouldn't have them in Alberta but sometimes exemptions exist; such as my own employer requesting one for our vehicles to utilize amber flashing lamps for our directional bars...

Amber isn't too big of a deal but I have seen people intentionally misuse them and when you have companies mimicking law enforcement it does not take long.


I figured one of the largest companies in the world contracted by another multinational company would have their shit in order. Besides they are the last people you could say they’re impersonating LE...or English speakers
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

User avatar
Hattie
Veteran Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm
Location: Here. Sometimes over there. Or other times over by that tree...
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Hattie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:I figured one of the largest companies in the world contracted by another multinational company would have their shit in order. Besides they are the last people you could say they’re impersonating LE...or English speakers

You would think, especially on something that obvious (red/blue lights). I haven't really seen their vehicles in my area but then again I'm not usually focusing on the small units unless it's blatant. I see more when I'm off the clock and then I just ignore it...

The misuses I usually see are tow trucks but I can easily see some tacti-cool hotshot super security commando private 5-0 force who is already pushing the impersonation limits adding some ambers and using them to do 'traffic stops' on property or using them to 'assist' at a collision while transiting from site to site.
Humour and sarcasm are my default options. Except on Tuesdays.

CBK
Regular Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby CBK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Awe, they have a store "Spec Ops Merchandise" but it wont let me click on it :cry:

LOL

Hattie wrote:Been seeing job postings for this other outfit lately: Other than the name, hard to even compare to the eliteness of ETFSEC!: https://www.specopssecuritygroup.com/

I think I have seen a lifted ram 3500 with their logo on it, but hard to tell since it's that 'ghost' writing.

User avatar
Hattie
Veteran Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm
Location: Here. Sometimes over there. Or other times over by that tree...
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Hattie » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 am

CBK wrote:Awe, they have a store "Spec Ops Merchandise" but it wont let me click on it :cry:

LOL

Hattie wrote:Been seeing job postings for this other outfit lately: Other than the name, hard to even compare to the eliteness of ETFSEC!: https://www.specopssecuritygroup.com/

I think I have seen a lifted ram 3500 with their logo on it, but hard to tell since it's that 'ghost' writing.

I completely missed that GEM!!! I'm very curious about its contents now.
Humour and sarcasm are my default options. Except on Tuesdays.

User avatar
Rareform
Seasoned Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Rareform » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Check this garbage out - another amazing response unit to help secure our donuts and coffee.

Thanks ETFS!

Image
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”

User avatar
IndictableChaser
Veteran Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 pm
Location: Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby IndictableChaser » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 am

Rareform wrote:Check this garbage out - another amazing response unit to help secure our donuts and coffee.

Thanks ETFS!

Image



:pistols: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqDBFywgLaP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kzc6bgt6qvk7
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

CBK
Regular Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby CBK » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:19 pm

etf: "We’re not here to compete, we are our biggest competition."

LOL

User avatar
Rareform
Seasoned Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Rareform » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm

CBK wrote:etf: "We’re not here to compete, we are our biggest competition."

LOL


I saw that posted the other day, I straight up laughed when I read that. :lol:
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest