Toronto ETF (the security company)

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Bitterman
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto ETF (the security company)

Postby Bitterman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Fonthill wrote:And good luck getting private information about another person from a company to sue lol

You might be shocked to know what info. an applicant can get or is entitled to when they file a disposition...
I was recently involved in a case where under the corporations act we (the org. I serve on the BoD for) had to supply very detailed personal information of all the members of the org.
This issue turned into a huge shit show as the info was very sensitive with regards to personal security/safety issues surrounding the people who's info was handed over.
Didn't matter... 'Nothing you can do about it.
'You think you have a right to privacy... Wrong...Lol
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Bitterman wrote:
Fonthill wrote:And good luck getting private information about another person from a company to sue lol

You might be shocked to know what info. an applicant can get or is entitled to when they file a disposition...
I was recently involved in a case where under the corporations act we (the org. I serve on the BoD for) had to supply very detailed personal information of all the members of the org.
This issue turned into a huge shit show as the info was very sensitive with regards to personal security/safety issues surrounding the people who's info was handed over.

Did the person or company that handed over the information get F@@ked and charged?
Correctional Officer, CO2

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

CBK

Postby CBK » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 pm

WOW. Sooooo many comments come to mind but none seem to do it justice. So I'll leave this here and remain speechless.

https://i.imgur.com/i853POZ.png

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Postby Dave Brown » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:43 pm

So much airsoft!

So many violations of the Act!

When the apocalypse comes, the only thing left on this earth will be me, cockroaches, Pete and this thread. Love it.

P.S. I guess Mr. windowasher's "I'm going to talk to my LAWYERS, and sue for DEFAMATION" kinda fell apart. I guess his battery of lawyers must have schooled him on the law. Which is kinda sad when you think about it ... a "security" company in Ontario who doesn't even know Canadian law.

Fonthill
Veteran Member

Postby Fonthill » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Wow , you cannot make this shit up lol.

I wanna know how they are still aloud to wear those colour uniforms ? If they wanna wear all those wanna be toys, so be it.
The fact they appear to look like actually law Enforcement, and are not. It scares myself as who really knows what they are really up too when they are in the general public with those uniforms on
Personally, my gut tells myself they are up to no good.
Correctional Officer, CO2

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:31 pm

These type of guys would be the type of guys to show their Security Guard Licence to try to get out of a ticket. I had 2 different Security Guards the other day try to use their licence to try to get out of a ticket for U-Pass fraud. They both got tickets. I thought the Elite Tactic Farce Security were a Halloween costume.
My opinions are my own and do not reflect my agency.

ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 am

Boxer Dogs wrote:These type of guys would be the type of guys to show their Security Guard Licence to try to get out of a ticket. I had 2 different Security Guards the other day try to use their licence to try to get out of a ticket for U-Pass fraud. They both got tickets. I thought the Elite Tactic Farce Security were a Halloween costume.

Assume you work for BC Transit Security?
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

Code Tree
Rookie Member

Postby Code Tree » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:20 am

I walked into a local radio shop the other day off duty and saw the owner... sans patches, but all kitted up with more kit than I'd ever be able to fit in the back of my Explorer. Thought about walking over and asking some questions, but alas he was off in his "unmarked explorer" before I got a chance.
"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus
"In the end, integrity is all you've got" - PPA Instructor

Bitterman
Rookie Member

Postby Bitterman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:06 am

Fonthill wrote:
Bitterman wrote:

Did the person or company that handed over the information get F@@ked and charged?

The org. was REQUIRED by law to hand over the information.
We would have been F@@ked and charged if we didn't.
The concerns of those who's info was handed over were/are valid in that every single one of them has had a very sensitive aspect of their life leaked. If this info was to fall into the wrong hands, which is entirely possible... the consequences could/would be awful for the individuals as well as the public.
Bottom line... There is no such thing as total privacy.
A smart person can figure out how to find out anything... In our case they used a perfectly legal avenue to gain information everyone "thought" was protected.
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter accusations...

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:48 pm

ShadowBrooks wrote:
Boxer Dogs wrote:These type of guys would be the type of guys to show their Security Guard Licence to try to get out of a ticket. I had 2 different Security Guards the other day try to use their licence to try to get out of a ticket for U-Pass fraud. They both got tickets. I thought the Elite Tactic Farce Security were a Halloween costume.

Assume you work for BC Transit Security?

This is correct. :)

ShadowBrooks
Veteran Member

Postby ShadowBrooks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Boxer Dogs wrote:This is correct. :)

Jesus... why commit u-pass fraud, just be like the rest of us and use your badge to not pay at all :P
Commercial Transport Enforcement Officer
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. Then there are the rest of us that have to pee on the electric fence to find out for ourselves.

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:49 pm

ShadowBrooks wrote:
Boxer Dogs wrote:This is correct. :)

Jesus... why commit u-pass fraud, just be like the rest of us and use your badge to not pay at all :P

Hehe :P Those Security Guards knew what they were doing. Now they have $173 fines to worry about. I’ve never seen a private security guard dressed as super swat, before this picture. Maybe he was on his was to a costume party? Lol

Rareform
Seasoned Member

Postby Rareform » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/securityguards/comments/9kxpew/what_some_of_the_most_ridiculous_companies_in/

https://imgur.com/a/zChEcE8

They won

Boxer Dogs wrote:I thought the Elite Tactic Farce Security were a Halloween costume.

Haha, oh my! Look at this overkill tacticool bullshit. :roll:
I can see why you thought it was a costume.

Last edited by Rareform on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Special Constable
“Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.”