EDiv A/Cst's petition to Minister of Public Safety

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
John014
Seasoned Member

Re: EDiv A/Cst's petition to Minister of Public Safety

Postby John014 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 pm

Tango5 wrote:You will never ‘hear’ me because you don’t approve of Auxiliaries and/or think that all are ALL dumb and fit in one pot or you are plain and simply ignorant to facts at hand . That’s fine.

Incorrect again.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Sure, let’s start picking on words. It was a general statment.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Tango5 wrote:Sure, let’s start picking on words. It was a general statment.

I am not picking on words. I am telling you that you are incorrect.

If you put at the top of the post that I/other members cannot "hear" you because we don't like Aux's, think they are all dumb or are ignorant then you better believe you will be challenged on that because you are 100% incorrect.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Stark

Postby Stark » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:49 am

I was going to write a big post articulating my thoughts, but it's not really necessary as I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Islander. His last few posts in particular are bang on. There is so much wrong with the way the auxiliary program is being run that I don't even know where to start. Let them be at community events, do some traffic control, do school presentations and things along those lines. You know, things that volunteers should be doing. If you want more responsibility, become an actual police officer and get the training.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 pm

What I'm reading is:
Regular members like and appreciate Auxiliaries, but for safety reasons, think that they should be paired up at all times with RM's.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:35 pm

As Police you guys know it is quite literally impossible to predict everything and make policies for every single tiny eventuality that may occur. As someone who is armed daily in my job believe me when I say I understand the safety concerns you express better than most. This is the inherent "grey" areas and safety concerns of wearing a police like uniform under the banner of the Auxiliary. If an Auxiliary knows their limits in law and policy they can better prepare themselves for how to properly react if a situation were to occur. The reality of the Auxiliary program is that there simply are not enough RMs on shift to stand side by side with every Auxiliary at every duty every minute of every day. If there were chances are most detachments/districts/divisions wouldn't need an Auxiliary Police program. There are always going to be inherent safety risks in the program.

Now whether this means cancelling the program, taking away uniforms and UoF, or whatever else - that is a decision to be made by people paid a whole lot more than us.

All I can do is my best to follow not only policy and the law but also logic and good thought processes. Act in good faith and in a manner which allows me to operate within the confines of how my service expects me to conduct myself and that allows me to be as safe as I can be while doing my duties.

I still like doing Auxiliary. I still want to apply yet again and become an RM. But if I never get that phone call then at least I am involved in the organization in however small a part I do play and I'm okay with that.

**I am not RCMP Aux**

NSAUX
Rookie Member

Postby NSAUX » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:23 am

mack_silent wrote:What I'm reading is:
Regular members like and appreciate Auxiliaries, but for safety reasons, think that they should be paired up at all times with RM's.

I think that is a fair statement and where i worked that was always the case. We never worked alone.