Union Station TTC Video

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Re: Union Station TTC Video

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Von wrote:
IndictableChaser wrote:What is it you do again? Because deploying a baton (even closed mode strikes) where you are surrounded and outnumbered is an easy way to get it taken and shoved up you ass (pardon my French) or clocking an innocent bystander

cityblue wrote:
Von wrote:but engaging in two separate 1v1 brawls seems like a poor officer safety decision. Much safer to try to get them detained one at a time.

Hooooooboy. I'm not going to touch the rest of your post because it's filled with a lot of ignorant comments and statements that I'm certain someone else with less of a filter than I have will address.

As to the one bit here: that's a great plan, unless, of course, the one you aren't engaged with is throwing punches and attempting to prevent you from making your lawful arrest. Can't exactly leave him there to float about to try and land a perfect knock-out shot that might prevent you or your partner from going home safely.

You've already admitted you have limited Use of Force training in your own post. It may be time for you to stop second guessing these officers based on some extraordinarily one-sided reporting and editing by the media when you combine it with your lack of experience in dealing with these type of force situations.

Thanks for your input guys. I was asking because I'm not an expert. I'm not trying to second guess the officers or criticize their decisions, I was merely making some observations based on my limited knowledge and experience. That's why I asked "would it have been better to do x?", rather than accusing the officer to excessive force like all the brain dead sheeple in the media have been doing.

But thank you for your explanations.

Fair enough, I did respond a tad bit harshly only because I've been in shitshows like that (and they're also on youtube ;) and it ain't pretty :pistols:
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

To a T
Grand Poobah

Postby To a T » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:20 am

:roll:
Last edited by To a T on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Out of Toronto star.

A woman who says she witnessed the fight told the Star that the video doesn’t show two men repeatedly punching one lone officer in the face.
“I clearly saw these two attack him repeatedly,” said Lana McKenzie.

“I’m amazed he managed to fend them off,” she said, adding that Union Station needs more police presence after hockey games.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news/gta ... ?referrer=
ex :mrgreen: EDiv RCMP A/Constable
Traffic.. still Rocks.

... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Von
Rookie Member

Postby Von » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:13 pm

To a T wrote:I rarely venture out from the private side anymore for this reason. Your post is steeped with complete and utter ignorance. It's quite obvious you've never worked in law enforcement, yet you present yourself as some sort of foremost authority on use of force. Your stellar attempt at arm chair quarterbacking is less than impressive and quite frankly repulsive for a regular poster on this forum. Until you can share some experience of a similar nature and post a video of you single handedly taking on a crowd of drunken idiots, then we will take your post for what it is. A grain of salt. The only thing you got right is that you are "completely wrong".

Did I say that I was an expert? Apologies if it can't across that way, I was only looking to get a more knowledgeable opinion on the altercation for my own information.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:13 pm

A newspaper almost defending the actions of an officer?
K division.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:27 pm

And Kathleen Wynne can ...... :banghead:

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Taking to account what I know from the video and media releases...
They were justified in using force.
Was the force/actions necessary to the extend we see?? , it can only be answered by the member. He was the one there, seeing and hearing things. not we.
ex :mrgreen: EDiv RCMP A/Constable
Traffic.. still Rocks.

... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:48 am

Tango5 wrote:Out of Toronto star.

A woman who says she witnessed the fight told the Star that the video doesn’t show two men repeatedly punching one lone officer in the face.

“I’m amazed he managed to fend them off,” she said, adding that Union Station needs more police presence after hockey games.

I'm shocked that came from the Communist Star of Toronto but good for someone coming forward to defend these poor guys. Every other media outlet is busy running the whining and crying of these two Officer-assaulting cowards.
Apparently it's fine when these two reprobates want to punch a TTC Officer in the face but when they get a couple shots in return they need to run to the media and cry like a 2 year old child.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 am

Punisher-One wrote:

I'm shocked that came from the Communist Star of Toronto but good for someone coming forward to defend these poor guys. Every other media outlet is busy running the whining and crying of these two Officer-assaulting cowards.
Apparently it's fine when these two reprobates want to punch a TTC Officer in the face but when they get a couple shots in return they need to run to the media and cry like a 2 year old child.

It was the back of the head too. (The civilians punching)
K division.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:03 pm

They did write that part about 3/4 of the way into the article... most Star readers won't make it past the headline.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Von
Rookie Member

Postby Von » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Punisher-One wrote:

I almost vomited when I saw the spin that The National put on the incident. They even found a "former police officer" to assert that the TEOs were out of line. Also apparently when criminal #2 had both his hands on the TEO's collar that was an "ample opportunity" to apply handcuffs. :dubious:

The optics of the incident may have been crap but the two idiots got what was coming to them.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Nesdolian

Postby Nesdolian » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:40 am

Von wrote:The optics of the incident may have been crap but the two idiots got what was coming to them.

+1 :thumbsup: