Its the RCMP's fault I almost killed a pedestrian ...

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
th
Veteran Member

Its the RCMP's fault I almost killed a pedestrian ...

Postby th » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 pm

POS blows a road block, purposely drives like an ass, gets into a crash, smokes a pedestrian and it's the RCMP's fault ... unbelievable ...

Castanet.net wrote:With a week to go before his next court appearance, the man now charged with being the driver who struck and severely injured a paper carrier last year is pleading his case to the media.

Donald Brodie has admitted that he was driving the car that struck and injured Steve Kania in December 2013.

In a hand written letter to Castanet dated June 16, Donald Maxwell Brodie expresses remorse for the events of Dec. 6, 2013 that saw Steve Kania forced into an induced coma with head trauma and several fractures to his lower back.

Brodie admits to being the driver, and accepts fault for running an RCMP roadblock that night, which initiated a “crazy high speed chase”.

However, he does not accept all blame and instead points a finger towards how the police reacted to the incident.

“The Kelowna RCMP are as much to blame as I am. They tried to ram me head on at 50 MPH I swerved to avoid a head on with police and ended up hitting Steve Kania. That’s why the IIO (Independent Investigations Office) have gotten involved to investigation the police. They should have called the chase off. I was purposely driving on the wrong side of the highway to get that chase called off. It ended in a residential St. With people standing on the sidewalks the police saw all these people and chose to ram me and re-directed me into Kania.”

Brodie then apologizes for what happened, but doesn’t specify where his sorrow is directed.

He also mentions his friend Nate Fahl, the man initially believed to be the driver.

Brodie says Fahl was passed out in the passenger seat during most of the chase, and asks the public to reconsider their perceptions of the man, now found innocent of this crime.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/117470/Prisoner-s-signed-confession
:wave:

GPZ
Grand Poobah

Re: Its the RCMP's fault I almost killed a pedestrian ...

Postby GPZ » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 pm

That's a great story. I hope it makes the news far and wide because frankly, he's so out to lunch it supports the police position more than it does his own. Who doesn't read that and correctly conclude that the guy is pond scum?

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 pm

The stuff that pond scum scrapes from between its toes.

MS

Postby MS » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Pictures are indeed worth a thousand words.... LOL! Karma will definately kick that douche in the ass!

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Dudley DoRight
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Dudley DoRight » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:37 am

"At the time of sentencing, Mr. Brodie was 31 years old. The pre-sentence report set out his lengthy criminal record, comprised of 34 convictions since 1999. These included four convictions for assault with a weapon, two for assault, and one for assaulting a police officer. As well, Mr. Brodie had been convicted twice of possession of a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public peace, once for carrying a concealed weapon, and once for pointing a firearm. Further, he had two convictions for robbery and two for uttering threats. His record also included a number of convictions for property offences and for failing to comply with probation orders. "

All sorts of credibility there. Only CBC and other national media would believe his story. let alone promote it for him.

To a T
Grand Poobah

Postby To a T » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:41 am

:crazy:
Last edited by To a T on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whistler22
Seasoned Member

Postby Whistler22 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:23 am

I dunno, sounds reasonable, they should let him go. I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson.

Parking159

Postby Parking159 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:17 am

He seems like a nice enough guy. I'm sure that he'll comply with that lifetime weapons ban. Sure. No problem. He just needs a...35th chance to go straight. Yup. :roll:
Convincing a wise man is easy. Reasoning with a fool is difficult.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:40 am

Come on guys...he purposely drove on the wrong side of the road so the chase would get called off and he would escape...that seems very responsible to me. What an upstanding citizen.

NOT. What a piece of shit.

Longarm9
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Longarm9 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:45 pm

The joke's on us, of course, when some liberal judge gives him a slap on the wrist and lets him walk, with a feel good hug and a session of kumbaya for good measure.

Wait for the media circus that calls for charges against the Mounties for doing their job.

Some days I really think this country is going to Hell in a hand basket.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 am

Charged for carrying around concealed bear spray? I'm surprised he doesn't apply for a job with Dog the Bounty Hunter.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:22 pm

GPZ wrote:That's a great story. I hope it makes the news far and wide because frankly, he's so out to lunch it supports the police position more than it does his own. Who doesn't read that and correctly conclude that the guy is pond scum?

There are probably more people that agree with him than you want to know about.
K division.

Dudley DoRight
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Dudley DoRight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:19 pm

One can only hope that he meets, head-on, another responsible citizen who is being forced to drive on the wrong side of the road to escape those nasty Horsemen. Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Postby Madeline236 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:57 pm

This is great CON logic at it's best. I thank him for his business and I'm certain future repeat business. Loser