Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Parking159

Re: Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

Postby Parking159 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:55 pm

bandit12 wrote:To whom it may concern:

I have read "the rant" forum through and I personally think that this forum should be taking down and any forums to do with the Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service in the near future should be banned!

Some of the comments on here is totally uncalled for and quite frankly ignorant and rude!

Two cousins started this up because they kept on coming up to auto accidents and they decided to do something about it!

From what I read on there site and heard from local news sources, they are doing an amazing job and they don't get in the way of the Emergency Personal Workers.

In fact they have support in with the Peterborough Lakefield Community Police Services that tell them they are doing a great job, to keep up the good work and there have been Officers whom thank them for their help.

In result I hope that you see that they are not hurting anyone and if the Police felt like they were a liability Issue, they would of shut them down from the get go!

Thank you for taking the time to read my E-mail and for considering my request!

Respectfully yours,

Bandit,

Supporter of Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service

Uh oh, look out everybody. Michael's mom is getting involved. :boxer:
Convincing a wise man is easy. Reasoning with a fool is difficult.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:03 am

Michael Edgerton wrote:I have not had that issue. Surprisingly every scene we have been at everyone has generally followed directions. Well it is true that we do not have the authority Peterborough police have told me that do not have a problem with us setting-up t/c at scene that no other service is at, we have even been at scenes that police where at and they did not take over t/c even at MVA's

You haven't had an issue being sued thus far. Good for you, until the day your luck runs out, you get sued, and you don't have the appropriate automobile insurance coverage for the situations you've found yourself in.

I basically summed up your take on your look-a-like volunteer organization in my first post to this topic: you don't want to do it the right way, you want to do it your way.

Is it explained to the people that sign up to join your group that they assume any and all liability in doing anything that they do, and that if they get struck by another vehicle at one of the scenes that they attend that their automobile insurance coverage will not be valid as it exceeds the scope of coverage and they would be left footing the bill for any lawsuit? Or do you just give them some bogus rank, an orange cigarette lighter powered LED light and a blaze orange toque and tell them to hit the road and do good, caution to the wind?
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

bandit12
Rookie Member

Postby bandit12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:06 am

Another thing is I have noticed that most of you concerned citizens are located in or around the GTA, so what do you care what goes on in Peterborough?

They'll stay in Peterborough, and you'll stay in yours!

Suggestion of the day:

Worry not about what goes on in the world, but what goes on in your own personal life!

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:12 am

bandit12 wrote:Another thing is I have noticed that most of you concerned citizens are located in or around the GTA, so what do you care what goes on in Peterborough?

They'll stay in Peterborough, and you'll stay in yours!

Suggestion of the day:

Worry not about what goes on in the world, but what goes on in your own personal life!

Either you're running off the same IP address as the supreme safety leader, you're a member of this farce of a group that doesn't give a shit about doing things the proper way, or you're a friend of one of those two.

Constructive criticism was attempted but this guy has taken the attitude of "fuck it, we'll do it live" and is hoping for the best without preparing for the worst. This not only jeopardizes the people he claims to want to help, but also leaves whoever from his organization attends the scenes open to incredible liability with no insurance for the situation.

Not to mention a lack of training, insufficient equipment, etc.

Good intentions, piss-poor execution, and an even worse reaction to constructive suggestions from members of the law enforcement community that are in the know.

bandit12
Rookie Member

Postby bandit12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:16 am

Parking159 wrote:

I have read "the rant" forum through and I personally think that this forum should be taking down and any forums to do with the Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service in the near future should be banned!

Some of the comments on here is totally uncalled for and quite frankly ignorant and rude!

Two cousins started this up because they kept on coming up to auto accidents and they decided to do something about it!

From what I read on there site and heard from local news sources, they are doing an amazing job and they don't get in the way of the Emergency Personal Workers.

In fact they have support in with the Peterborough Lakefield Community Police Services that tell them they are doing a great job, to keep up the good work and there have been Officers whom thank them for their help.

In result I hope that you see that they are not hurting anyone and if the Police felt like they were a liability Issue, they would of shut them down from the get go!

Respectfully yours,

Bandit,

Excuse me! Last I checked I didn't have breast or a vagina, Hang on I'll check again..... YUP, JUST AS I THOUGHT 2 BALLS AND 1 BAT...

By the sounds of it you must be a female! You keep on bitching about the same thing and never know when to just shut up!

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 am

bandit12 wrote:
Parking159 wrote:

Respectfully yours,

Bandit,

Excuse me! Last I checked I didn't have breast or a vagina, Hang on I'll check again..... YUP, JUST AS I THOUGHT 2 BALLS AND 1 BAT...

By the sounds of it you must be a female! You keep on bitching about the same thing and never know when to just shut up!

Great.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 am

Michael Edgerton wrote:We have what we need for vehicles, but I'm not to worried because I am between other cars and my truck so I would be hit first anyways. I have spent my life around and working at race tracks as an official so street vehicles don't bother me anymore.

I can't tell if you are just really stupid or so full of yourself that you choose to ignore the advice of people with decades of Law Enforcement experience.

I'll ask my friend with Peterborough PS what they really think of you guys. I'll bet it's a lot different than what you are telling us.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:26 am

Respectfully yours,

Bandit,

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:28 am

Parking159 wrote:

Warning;

Michael's "mom" has no Boobs nor Vagina, two Balls and a Bat. And.. Seems to have something against females.
Last edited by Tango5 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

To a T
Grand Poobah

Postby To a T » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:30 am

:roll:
Last edited by To a T on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:34 am

To a T wrote:
bandit12 wrote:Excuse me! Last I checked I didn't have breast or a vagina, Hang on I'll check again..... YUP, JUST AS I THOUGHT 2 BALLS AND 1 BAT...

Your antics, outrageous and immature behaviour speaks volumes to your character. Thank you for confirming what we've all thought. Stay classy chump! Pathetic.

As you can see, not much intelligence is required to flick on the switch for his amber lights, put on an orange toque and stand there without any training waiting to get hit, which apparently is also known as directing traffic.

This guy is doing a fantastic PR job for this volunteer organization. About as effective as their insurance coverage from what I've seen.

Michael Edgerton
Rookie Member

Postby Michael Edgerton » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:35 am

SierraSeven wrote:Is it explained to the people that sign up to join your group that they assume any and all liability in doing anything that they do, and that if they get struck by another vehicle at one of the scenes that they attend that their automobile insurance coverage will not be valid as it exceeds the scope of coverage and they would be left footing the bill for any lawsuit? Or do you just give them some bogus rank, an orange cigarette lighter powered LED light and a blaze orange toque and tell them to hit the road and do good, caution to the wind?

Everyone in our service knows our current situation and no one is asked to park there vehicle in the road accept me and my second in command we use my truck on bad night and anyone else will just be out lets say getting dinner and come across something they will call me or emergency services depending on the situation.

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 am

Michael Edgerton wrote:Everyone in our service knows our current situation and no one is asked to park there vehicle in the road accept me and my second in command we use my truck on bad night and anyone else will just be out lets say getting dinner and come across something they will call me or emergency services depending on the situation.

Ok, perfect, so it's just you and "your second in command" that are out there exceeding the scope of the automobile insurance coverage. Inadequate insurance resulting in zero coverage being the current situation that you describe. Good to know :thumbsup:

You know this reminds me of those clowns that would dress up as super heros and go out on the town looking to help people. Then one day, one of them got stabbed. Good intentions, piss-poor execution. If you're going to do it, do it right or don't do it at all.

To a T
Grand Poobah

Postby To a T » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:42 am

:roll:
Last edited by To a T on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wonka1990
Veteran Member

Postby wonka1990 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 am

?I don't get why he is posting under 2 user names? Edgeridiot and Bandtits? Like come on dude..

Even Farva could figure that out
Opinions are my own and are not to reflect any views of my agency.