Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Re: Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

Postby Mr. Islander » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Last edited by Mr. Islander on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:02 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:Learn how to spell and use proper grammar. If you want to be taken seriously as a volunteer organization, then start taking yourself seriously. With literally everything you post/write/publish, there are numerous errors, and it makes you come across as unprofessional, unprepared, and you lose any credibility you once had.

Not being harsh; just truthful. Effective and proper communication (both oral and written) is imperative. Especially when you are the "chief".

I can't disagree with you there.
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Mr. Islander
Seasoned Member

Postby Mr. Islander » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:33 am

Respond Wayne wrote:
Mr. Islander wrote:Learn how to spell and use proper grammar. If you want to be taken seriously as a volunteer organization, then start taking yourself seriously. With literally everything you post/write/publish, there are numerous errors, and it makes you come across as unprofessional, unprepared, and you lose any credibility you once had.

Not being harsh; just truthful. Effective and proper communication (both oral and written) is imperative. Especially when you are the "chief".

That wasn't directed at you, by the way. It was to the "Chief" of the group talked about in this thread.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:33 pm

Mr. Islander wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote:

That wasn't directed at you, by the way. It was to the "Chief" of the group talked about in this thread.

Oh I know, I know.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Boxer Dogs
Rookie Member

Postby Boxer Dogs » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:19 pm

A.T.R. wrote:Wayne's heart is in the right spot.

Agreed. Wayne is awesome.
My opinions are my own and do not reflect my agency.

ODIN
Veteran Member

Postby ODIN » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:04 pm

AHP309 wrote:and then there is this guy....

EDMONTON - Curtis John Ulmer’s black car was equipped with red-and-blue lights and a siren, a baton and holster were clipped to his utility belt and he introduced himself as a detective.

Ulmer watched for speeders outside his son’s school while dressed as a police officer. Once, he pulled over a man he thought drove too fast.

Ulmer was a fake. So was his badge, so was his authority.

On Friday, the 38-year-old pleaded guilty to impersonating a police officer and possession of a prohibited weapon. He admitted he pretended to be an officer at least three times, including pulling over another driver.

“He created a persona,” Crown prosecutor Laura Marr told court.

On the night of May 15, 2014, Ulmer parked his modified Ford Taurus at the Happy Mart gas station on Winterburn Road and introduced himself as an officer to the clerk inside.

“He made several statements about being assigned that area for him to patrol,” Marr said.

Though Ulmer wore a police ball cap, a neon green police vest and a holstered air pistol on his hip, the clerk didn’t believe he worked for the Edmonton Police Service. She wrote down his licence plate and called police after he left.

The next day, Ulmer used his fake police car to pull over a speeding driver outside his son’s west-Edmonton school. As a crossing guard watched, Ulmer pulled the vehicle over with the lights and sirens he had installed, spoke with the driver through his window and sent him on his way.

“He told the driver to slow down,” Marr said. “He then pulled into the staff parking lot and was wearing what witnesses said was a bulletproof vest, a police shirt and patches.”

He told teachers that he had given the speeding driver a ticket. Teachers told them he couldn’t park in staff parking.

“I have a police light,” Ulmer told them. He drove away with his son.

On May 24, Ulmer startled staff and students outside the school by blaring his siren and flashing his lights through a crosswalk as kids left for the day. He activated his siren again to let his son know he had arrived to pick him up.

Staff reported the man they knew as Detective Ulmer to the school resource officer, who reported him to the professional standards branch of the Edmonton Police Service. Investigators then turned their attention to an actual Detective Ulmer who did work for the Edmonton Police Service.

Once investigators realized the mistake, they tracked down the impostor through the licence plate the skeptical gas station attendant wrote down.

On May 28, Ulmer was co-operative with officers who searched his home. Inside, they found everything a fake police officer would need, including duty belts, badges, police hats, an EPS sweatshirt, a “detective kit,” holsters, handcuffs, pepper spray, knives, a breathalyzer, binoculars, flashlights, notebooks, a baton, an air pistol and a dashboard camera.

They also found a prohibited stun gun.

Ulmer will now undergo a psychiatric assessment before his sentencing hearing April 8.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/ne ... rel=847766

A Breathalyzer?? Ebay? Kjiji? I had no idea one could just get a home breathalyzer...wow
CTP-22

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 pm

ODIN wrote:A Breathalyzer?? Ebay? Kjiji? I had no idea one could just get a home breathalyzer...wow

Unfortunately any whacko can get just about anything.
Here's a few items from ebay right now:
2011 Ford Crown Vic P71 Police Package * Black & White * Buy it Now for $4800
LED Red/Blue Car Police Strobe Flash Light Dash Emergency 18 Flashing Light $27
Police Prisoner Partition Taxi Barrier Setina The Body Guard 10-SC (nv 30)A $125
Drager Alcotest 6510 Breathalyzer Professional Police Alcohol Analyzer Handheld $375
Bianchi Safariland LAW ENFORCEMENT SECURITY DUTY BELT RIG Basket weave Holster $99
Smith & Wesson M&P C02 Non-Blow Back Airsoft Pistol (Black) $40
Handcuffs and keys too numerous to mention.

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:27 am

by breathalyzer I'm sure they mean a roadside, and not the breathalyzer we have at the station.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:50 am

goaliegibson wrote:by breathalyzer I'm sure they mean a roadside, and not the breathalyzer we have at the station.

I HAVE seen Breathalyzer 900 or 900A and Intoxilyzer 5000 (not C) on eBay.

I tried to "creatively acquire" a 900, or ...A, or 5000C, for my man-cave, but figured the Comm would slap me (again!), so did not pursue it. I figure the Force was just going to sledge-hammer them anyways. I would have had to get the entire Seinfeld / G.I.-Joe-set-up (equilibrator, ampoules, simulator, SAS) collection to be truly nerdy, though.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

IndictableChaser
Veteran Member

Postby IndictableChaser » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Atv added to the fleet

https://youtu.be/Zoc5FPDq6vM
Ever listen to k billy's super sounds of the 70s?

"...if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?
... Got to. It’s America, man."

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:22 pm

IndictableChaser wrote:Atv added to the fleet

https://youtu.be/Zoc5FPDq6vM

DAHMN, that runs SMOOOOOOOOOOOOTHE!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

BROVO26

Postby BROVO26 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Who needs a siren, you can hear the "put put" coming a mile away.
It's not if you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

th
Veteran Member

Postby th » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:26 pm

That thing is filthy. They spent all the time and effort putting flashing lights on the silly thing and they could clean it up a bit? At least wipe it off before you film the video.
:wave:

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:44 pm

They could have done a better job on the wiring too.

And when are they going to post a video of the lightbars that I gave them installed on their vehicles? :dubious:
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:08 pm

BROVO26 wrote:Who needs a siren, you can hear the "put put" coming a mile away.

That response was the funniest thing I've read!
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member