Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
GPZ
Grand Poobah

Re: Volunteer group responding to emergency calls

Postby GPZ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Edgerton admitted that their relationship with city police isn’t quite what he hopes it could be.

That relationship got a little rocky when one former group member used his vehicle to close a road on a snowy night and began directing traffic in the dark.

Yep, that'll put wrinkles in an otherwise good relationship.

GoodWitness wrote:Clearly it was a very slow news day in Peterborough.

On a positive note, as someone else pointed out, they aren't out tagging streetposts and utility boxes like the little miscreant who wants to be known as CHIMES in my neighbourhood.

I agree. This is a bit goofy but it's based in some good intentions. Hopefully they'll get involved in a bona fide organization, get some real training, and do some real good in the future.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:50 pm

basketcase wrote:Wayne.....you inspired somebody.

Apparently... umm... yeah... about that...

This is the first that I've heard about this group, I see they were established in 2011, but being in Peterborough, that's kinda far from Peel Region.

I see that they have a Fire Department type shoulder patch... they mention being "born and raised" around the Fire Department... Is someone going to check the plate and see if they live by a Fire Hall maybe? :ponder:

You know that they help people, because feel like doing it... >>> AS SEEN HERE <<<
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:05 am

LOL, I like how the plastic flare over the wheel well shakes when they get in. Those Durangos are just plain fugly.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:49 am

Respond Wayne wrote:... Is someone going to check the plate and see if they live by a Fire Hall maybe? :ponder:

Very tempting. :mrgreen: :twisted:
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:07 am

Huh??

"Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service is looking to move. We are currently looking for a new station/base. We are looking for a building that is 2 story's with or without a garage within the city of Peterborough. We will have a lot of gear, apox 8 vehicles and have 4 full-time officers at this time. We are looking to either rent or own does not matter."

http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-real-es ... Z450129601

They must be loaded. :lol:

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 am

Tango5 wrote:Huh??

"Samaritan First Response & Rescue Service is looking to move. We are currently looking for a new station/base. We are looking for a building that is 2 story's with or without a garage within the city of Peterborough. We will have a lot of gear, apox 8 vehicles and have 4 full-time officers at this time. We are looking to either rent or own does not matter."

http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-real-es ... Z450129601

They must be loaded. :lol:

They're finally getting kicked out of Mom's basement and Dad's garage.
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

wazntme

Postby wazntme » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:21 am

th wrote:
Tinman wrote:Image

Bubble's and Ricky out on Patrol
:)

Sly
Rookie Member

Postby Sly » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, this kind of relates to the topic....well I laughed when I came across this on youtube. RCMP role playing mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJNwjfAyV74

Tommy
Veteran Member

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Sly wrote:Well, this kind of relates to the topic....well I laughed when I came across this on youtube. RCMP role playing mod.

The difference is that no one gets hurt playing this game......

Jeez... I happen to be a Medical first responder with St John, and this article is just embarrassing to look at... Someone please direct these kids to proper volunteer organization before one of them gets hurt.

Like really..... This is just silly, these kids don't realize what they are getting into here as far as potential trouble goes.... At least I know I'm just a glorified band-aid applier... Not some sort of Pseudo-Paramedic....
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Watching the mod enough times makes you a cop. :D

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 pm

I can't help but notice the spelling errors on the "Deputy Chief's" >>> Twitter page <<< ... "Responce"... So his web link is broken too because of it... Durr...

Oh, and apparently the OPP don't have jurisdiction in Peterborough, as seen >>> HERE <<< I'm pretty sure Peterborough is still part of Ontario... :ponder:

:shock: :shock: :shock: >>> THE CHIEF SINGS <<< :shock: :shock: :shock: >>> AND HERE TOO <<< :shock: :shock: :shock:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

TheCanadian
Veteran Member

Postby TheCanadian » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 am

Sly wrote:Well, this kind of relates to the topic....well I laughed when I came across this on youtube. RCMP role playing mod.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. "If your like us and you know a lot about police then the movie Mall Cop is really funny".

bunnel
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby bunnel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:00 am

Respond Wayne wrote:Oh, and apparently the OPP don't have jurisdiction in Peterborough, as seen >>> HERE <<< I'm pretty sure Peterborough is still part of Ontario... :ponder:

The Peterborough PS have authority in Sudbury, too, it doesn't mean it's part of their "jurisdiction". The kid is actually correct.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 am

bunnel wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote:Oh, and apparently the OPP don't have jurisdiction in Peterborough, as seen >>> HERE <<< I'm pretty sure Peterborough is still part of Ontario... :ponder:
:

The Peterborough PS have authority in Sudbury, too, it doesn't mean it's part of their "jurisdiction". The kid is actually correct.

The O Dots do have a Det right on the edge of the town at the Junction of Hwys 115 and 7, his little tweet doesn't say wear he saw the traffic stop. I have a friend who live's in the Peterborough, I saw the OPP black and white's driving through the town regularly. The kid is incorrect.

bunnel
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby bunnel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 am

48highlander wrote:
bunnel wrote:
:

The O Dots do have a Det right on the edge of the town at the Junction of Hwys 115 and 7, his little tweet doesn't say wear he saw the traffic stop. I have a friend who live's in the Peterborough, I saw the OPP black and white's driving through the town regularly. The kid is incorrect.

I am not saying the OPP are doing anything improper by stopping someone inside the city if they want to, the same way Peterborough PS might stop someone out in the county if they choose to. I am simply saying that both agencies have the same province wide authority. Likewise they each have their area of responsibility, a.k.a, "jurisdiction". The OPP cars in the city are undoubetly due to court, tracking down witnesses, members having lunch, etc etc. etc. However, I think if they started regular patrols and answering calls within the city the PPS might take issue with that, the same way the OPP would if the situation were reversed.