Page 5 of 8

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm
by A.T.R.
Transitcop wrote:
A.T.R. wrote:No, "We" are not on the same side.

Either you are a cop, or you are not.

The emphasis on being a cop as opposed to some thing else like a Transit Security Guard is specific to the lifestyle being a cop forces onto the one who bears the burden on his/her shoulders.

On and Off Duty.

And includes what your immediate loved ones are forced to endure as a cop family.

Many jobs are similar, but they are not the same.

I will always shut that down whenever I hear that.

I am a cop.

You are not.


Firstly I never said I was police officer. I said we are on the same side, meaning we deal with the same shitheads a cop comes across. Do you have any idea how many P/C assist calls I've responded to in subway stations and have been on scene prior to their fellow cops? More than I can count pal. I will always shut down a cop who thinks he's better than everyone else!


I am on side with TTC Enforcement buddies, so I am an ally.

Please show me where in my post I indicated I am better than anyone else.

Being a cop and the "We" aspect is sickening.

If a Doctor tells me "We" are on the same side, is this the same. If it does, Id like his parking spot whenever I go to the hospital.

Thank you for going to assist calls.

I have done the same off duty.

please do not pad your resume of calls for service based against what others have done.

How many burning cars have you torn apart to cut out a kid stuck in a car seat?

How many doors have you kicked in to find persons stuck in the sex industry?

How many shoot outs have you been in, and still ran after the suspects taking fire?

Different team altogether.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:40 pm
by Transitcop
basketcase wrote:
Transitcop wrote:Firstly I never said I was police officer. I said we are on the same side, meaning we deal with the same shitheads a cop comes across. Do you have any idea how many P/C assist calls I've responded to in subway stations and have been on scene prior to their fellow cops? More than I can count pal. I will always shut down a cop who thinks he's better than everyone else!


Again with the hero stuff. I'm gonna go with three times. Just to amuse you.


Time for some new jokes pal. Your stuff is lame.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:42 pm
by Apollo
VanSmack wrote:Niagara Parks are not specials, they are their own police service.

And I'm completely cool with setting up a metrolinx wide police service like SCBCTAPS.


They are special constables that are armed. They do go to opc though.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm
by basketcase
Transitcop wrote:
Time for some new jokes pal. Your stuff is lame.


Yup and you're the coolest security guard on the block. Enjoy your time in the tunnels. I sincerely hope you don't get hurt running to all of those knife calls, gun calls, assist calls, violent crimes in progress calls etc, without the appropriate tools. Just an FYI though. A close friend of mine is in the transit unit. It's not as busy as you'd like us to think and you're likely not doing what you say you are.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 pm
by Transitcop
A.T.R. wrote:
Transitcop wrote:
A.T.R. wrote:No, "We" are not on the same side.

Either you are a cop, or you are not.

The emphasis on being a cop as opposed to some thing else like a Transit Security Guard is specific to the lifestyle being a cop forces onto the one who bears the burden on his/her shoulders.

On and Off Duty.

And includes what your immediate loved ones are forced to endure as a cop family.

Many jobs are similar, but they are not the same.

I will always shut that down whenever I hear that.

I am a cop.

You are not.


Firstly I never said I was police officer. I said we are on the same side, meaning we deal with the same shitheads a cop comes across. Do you have any idea how many P/C assist calls I've responded to in subway stations and have been on scene prior to their fellow cops? More than I can count pal. I will always shut down a cop who thinks he's better than everyone else!


I am on side with TTC Enforcement buddies, so I am an ally.

Please show me where in my post I indicated I am better than anyone else.

Being a cop and the "We" aspect is sickening.

If a Doctor tells me "We" are on the same side, is this the same. If it does, Id like his parking spot whenever I go to the hospital.

Thank you for going to assist calls.

I have done the same off duty.

please do not pad your resume of calls for service based against what others have done.

How many burning cars have you torn apart to cut out a kid stuck in a car seat?

How many doors have you kicked in to find persons stuck in the sex industry?

How many shoot outs have you been in, and still ran after the suspects taking fire?

Different team altogether.


Pad my résumé? Dude re-read your last post? You're clearly missing the point of "we". You chase bad guys, I chase bad guys. You help us, I help you. That's what I mean by "we". Same common goal...protecting people. Congrats for kicking doors in a ripping apart cars. That's fantastic. I'm so done with this forum.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm
by Punisher-One
You just don't get it. You are clearly too insecure about your own position to listen, or hear, what people here are telling you.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm
by SupahDuck
Hell, there are some things that ANY non-cop peace officer is neither trained nor equipped to do.....

Whether it's a unarmed transit special responding to an armed combative subject on a platform...

A CBSA BSO attempting to engage a port runner in vehicular pursuit....

Or an armed CSC CX attempting to search for an escaped con that's gotten out of his or her sights, and then getting trapped in a gun battle with the con's buddies....

There are SOME things that WE are just not supposed to do, and I'm good with that.

If we were meant to do all the same things as cops, then we would get all the same training as cops. Last time I checked, neither the TTC, Rigaud or CSC's staff colleges had ANYTHING approaching what's done at OPC or any other provincial police college.

(Now for CSC at least, that might change later this year when all CTP's (Corrections Training Program) will be run out of Depot in Regina! :thumbsup: :smirk: )

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:58 am
by Inspir
SupahDuck wrote:(Now for CSC at least, that might change later this year when all CTP's (Corrections Training Program) will be run out of Depot in Regina! :thumbsup: :smirk: )


Really? I wonder how long that will last...

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 am
by gotchya
Punisher-One wrote:With the whole GTA "Metrolinx" thing why not setup a "Metrolinx Police"? Having three of four different Special Constables and three or four different types of Security Guards operating on all the different transit-systems seems stupid. Have one dedicated fully trained and fully equipped Police Service to deal with it.

That probably would be the most logical thing, send them all to OPC and call them Ontario Transit Police or whatever, although I don't think the province has the money for that.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 am
by 48highlander
VanSmack wrote:Niagara Parks are not specials, they are their own police service.

And I'm completely cool with setting up a metrolinx wide police service like SCBCTAPS.


Still called Police, and still armed, since the folks down in Niagara seem to be immune from PC thoughts about disarming them (must be the proximity to the American Border).

But they are a historical anomaly. Unless there is a wholesale change in mindset of various politicians and bureaucrats, arming anyone else is a non-starter. Look at the fits people had when it hit the media that the TTC did a risk assessment and they included the possibility of carrying firearms in the report.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 am
by Dave Jenkins
VanSmack wrote:Niagara Parks are not specials, they are their own police service.

And I'm completely cool with setting up a metrolinx wide police service like SCBCTAPS.



They are indeed special constables. Call them and ask for your self.

To repeat myself form other posts - in Ontario you can have provincial police and municipal police. All others have to be special constables or First Nations Constables. Unless of the agency is federal....oh wait, the RCMP have to be sworn as special constables in Ontario if they want to enforce provincial laws. Why, because the PSA does not recognize them as police and the various acts do not accommodate them either. BC on the other hand has accommodation in their PSA for other types of police.

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am
by Angerman
Dave Jenkins wrote:They are indeed special constables. Call them and ask for your self.


Jenkins is right, even says so on their website;

NPP Website wrote:While we patrol and respond to all calls for service within Niagara Parks, the Niagara Regional Police Service retains primary jurisdiction. Our sworn members are appointed by the Regional Municipality of Niagara Police Services Board as Special Constables and are approved by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services. We have a long history of cooperation with other law enforcement and emergency services in both Canada and the United States to best serve our visitors.


http://www.niagaraparks.com/police/about.html