TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
TBH
Rookie Member

TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Postby TBH » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Having had a high opinion of the TTC Enforcement Officers due to their impressive deportment & professionalism, the news earlier this week was absolutely shocking especially considering it involved not one or two, but eight officers. It was hard to believe except for TPS having laid charges against five of the officers. After all they were sworn peace officers until not too long ago when the unit's special constable status was cancelled.

Without commenting on the specifics, not being "in the know", and more importantly the fact that the matter is before the court, it's saddening as these officers probably have families to support/financial responsibilities but have now lost their jobs along with three other officers who were also terminated for misconduct but not charged.

Still in disbelief/utter shock at the allegations.

ArcticCop
King Poobah

Re: TTC Officers - Shocking dilemma.

Postby ArcticCop » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Im not sad at all.

They commited crimes. They abused their positions.

They didnt think of their families while they did it so I dont give a fuck now.

Allegations of course but if its true they can get bent.
"Arctic sounds to me like hes a long time hardened cop. A cop and an outdated one at that"
- Shocktech88

tank2001
Rookie Member

Postby tank2001 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 am

VanSmack wrote:They were making over 6 figures a year plus benefits and a pension to do what is essentially the job of a security guard, doing the same sort of things that Garda and the other companies pay just above minimum wage for other people to do in private buildings. Apparently it wasn't a sweet enough gig for them as it was and they allegedly decided that not only did they not want to do the work, but they also wanted to get paid for OT they didn't work either. I've got no sympathy for people who have it that good and still decide it's not enough and cheat the system to get more.

+++1 :thumbsup:

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 am

VanSmack wrote:I've got no sympathy for people who have it that good and still decide it's not enough and cheat the system to get more.

+1

I suppose this is a story of the old Iron law of Responsibility, wherein,

"in the long run, those who do not use power in ways that society considers responsible will tend to lose it"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:21 am

The disappointing thing is how this will reflect on the ttc enforcement officers. The average public will not seperate the eight individuals from their coworkers

On a side note, I fell like I need to make a reference to eight men out.
K division.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 am

Last edited by mack_silent on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

mack_silent wrote:So TTC is hiring then?

Yes.

5 spots in their Fraud Office.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

A.T.R.
King Poobah

Postby A.T.R. » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Ya, it's all I got though.
If you do not have access to the private side please do not contact me. I do not give employment advice other than what is publicly posted.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 pm

I think the part that I find most disturbing is that it is alleged that the false PONs were aimed at homeless people whose identities were known but would never find out they'd been issued to them. What would have happened to someone who was homeless, racked up all these PONs that were never dealt with, and then cleaned up and became a contributor to society and came into contact with the police on an unrelated issue? Would they have been slammed with all sorts of outstanding fines and court costs once they had an address again?

Yeah, no sympathy for these guys, if found guilty.

Transitcop
Rookie Member

Postby Transitcop » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

People are entitled to their opinions of course, however it bothers me when someone puts up a post when they have no clue as to what they are talking about. A perfect example of this is VanSmack's comment. For you to post that TTC's transit enforcement officers do the same job as a security guard making minimum wage is not only ignorant, but plain stupid! If your typical Garda employee responds to assaults, sexual assaults, robberies, stabbings, shootings, gun calls, knife calls and pretty much anything under the sun, then I would say you have a point! But you don't. Not only do these fine officers respond to those types of calls, they investigate and make arrests pertaining to other various criminal acts within the TTC. Knowledge is power.

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Last edited by mack_silent on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:20 pm

VanSmack, how do you figure 120k/yr? I thought they made, at least when they were S/Cst, 60k/yr? Is it even possible to do enough OT to double the salary or do I have wrong numbers?
K division.