NB Commercial Enforcement Officers recieve Radar

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Whistler
Veteran Member

Re: NB Commercial Enforcement Officers recieve Radar

Postby Whistler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:59 am

No 20 Year Medal wrote:
Whistler wrote:
Mongo wrote:...all of whom fear the very word enforcement. Ever wondered why they're afraid to even put it on your shoulder patch?
Haha, well the new one coming out in a couple months says enforcement on it :D . I guess thats a step in the right direction!
Sweet, another new flash for the collection.... :alright:

I had a feeling that was coming :D .

HwyMartin
Rookie Member

Postby HwyMartin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Whistler wrote:
No 20 Year Medal wrote:
Whistler wrote:
Haha, well the new one coming out in a couple months says enforcement on it :D . I guess thats a step in the right direction!
Sweet, another new flash for the collection.... :alright:

I had a feeling that was coming :D .[/quote]

The MTO is getting new patches? what are they going to look like or say on them?
"In grease we trust" :angel:

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 am

Mongo wrote:...The fact is, MTO management have no enforcement background and don't want anything screwing up their nice inspection pie graphs. That's why they don't enforce moving violations.

Holy sh!t, you have a pretty intimate working knowledge of the organization, and I'm not trying to be a dick. Spot on; its all about the graphs and pie charts. Heaven forbid you accidentally pinch an impaired, or someone with a warrant. And their objection has nothing to do with officer safety and EVERYTHING to do with "ahhhh, now you're gonna have to do a statement! Damnit, you coulda weighed some axles in that time! Now just think of how you're selfish actions have negatively impacted road user safety!!!"

shootemup
Sage Member

Postby shootemup » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Reminds me of working at CBSA, back in the day...and is why I left. What is it with enforcement agencies run by people who don't wear the uniform, or even if they do, have never made an arrest/seizure or written a ticket?
Jackbooted Cig Enforcer

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:19 pm

shootemup wrote:Reminds me of working at CBSA, back in the day...and is why I left. What is it with enforcement agencies run by people who don't wear the uniform, or even if they do, have never made an arrest/seizure or written a ticket?

That's a big part of it; Ontario's CVE has a lot of supervisors and managers that have absolutely ZERO law enforcement experience. They certainly have some very strange ideas in their minds.

HwyMartin
Rookie Member

Postby HwyMartin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

hacienda216 wrote:
shootemup wrote:Reminds me of working at CBSA, back in the day...and is why I left. What is it with enforcement agencies run by people who don't wear the uniform, or even if they do, have never made an arrest/seizure or written a ticket?

That's a big part of it; Ontario's CVE has a lot of supervisors and managers that have absolutely ZERO law enforcement experience. They certainly have some very strange ideas in their minds.

Doesn't the MTO promote within?
wouldn't that mean that the mid-management would have CVE/Law enforcement experience?
I could be wrong, thats not the case in the province im in :twisted:

hacienda216
Rookie Member

Postby hacienda216 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 pm

HwyMartin wrote:
hacienda216 wrote:

Doesn't the MTO promote within?
wouldn't that mean that the mid-management would have CVE/Law enforcement experience?

You are sorely mistaken with regards to Ontario. :cuss: :banghead:

Homer
Rookie Member

Postby Homer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:48 am

hacienda216 wrote:
HwyMartin wrote:Doesn't the MTO promote within?

And, of course, new mid-level managers with no enforcement experience will be hired by existing upper-level managers with no enforcement experience. When do you see that process changing?
"They have the Internet on computers now!"

HwyMartin
Rookie Member

Postby HwyMartin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 am

Homer wrote:
hacienda216 wrote:
HwyMartin wrote:Doesn't the MTO promote within?

And, of course, new mid-level managers with no enforcement experience will be hired by existing upper-level managers with no enforcement experience. When do you see that process changing?

By "mid-level" management i mean the supervisors, from what i understand they are MTO officers and still do 75% enforcement, i could be wrong thats just what i was told.
If thats the case then they would have CVE experience would they not?

cplhick1968
Rookie Member

Postby cplhick1968 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:23 pm

When I had my interview for CVE in Nova Scotia the supervisor was an ex British copper!!

Also I wish they had radar enforcement here in NS as I am fed up with truck drivers riding my ass all the time!!

SourSkittles
Rookie Member

Postby SourSkittles » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:20 pm

cplhick1968 wrote:When I had my interview for CVE in Nova Scotia the supervisor was an ex British copper!!

Also I wish they had radar enforcement here in NS as I am fed up with truck drivers riding my ass all the time!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a tailgating ticket does not require a radar (or lidar)
Aim low and you will succeed.

cplhick1968
Rookie Member

Postby cplhick1968 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Sorry but im not a CVE officer, well not yet anyway!!! :D

Just saying that the truckers here go whatever speed they want and i have never seen a Compliance Officer doing speed enforcement.

I am a truck driver and i have seen plenty of trucks, mainly tractor-trailers going over 120 kph!!

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 pm

warden602 wrote:
Mongo wrote:I doubt that's the case considering MNR conservation officers have firearms and don't make as much as cops and aren't about to. Anyway, that's an entirely different debate. The fact is, MTO management have no enforcement background and don't want anything screwing up their nice inspection pie graphs. That's why they don't enforce moving violations.

When previously unarmed officers get armed, somehow there is a bump up in job classification or pay due to the equipment. It happened when the national park wardens got armed. Everyone armed went up a pay grade to do 1/4 of their previous job description simply because they were now issued a sidearm.

They went up a pay grade for what they might have to do one day.