Border Security Canada: Episodes Now Online

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
smarmy_rebel
Rookie Member

Re: Border Security Canada: NatGeo (w/Preview)

Postby smarmy_rebel » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 am

shootemup wrote:I think wanted felons is fair terminology in the circumstances...they are felons and they are wanted (in the states, presumably) and our courageous CBSA officers are keeping them out.

Inland enforcement mainly goes after people who have immigration violations...

I did notice the one's jacket said "IMMIGRATION" on the back... I thought immigration and customs no longer existed?

Whitebrown
Sage Member

Postby Whitebrown » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

No 20 Year Medal wrote:
Every day, tens of thousands of people arrive at Canada’s border crossings. Most are legitimate travellers, but not all of them. From Canadian citizens with undeclared food to international drug smugglers; from confused visitors to phony immigrants; from impaired drivers to wanted felons.

But only if CBSA management acknowledges the threat of said felon. After all, an armed and dangerous alert from Police isn't always reliable in their eyes.

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah

Postby Borderwatchman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Is this show going to show a management meeting so that Canadians see just how retarded and incompetent these a**holes really are? Or how about they show my managers when they try to tell me IRPA is not part of my job!

On another note I would sell any footage of GTA Postal to Jenny Craig or Goodlife for their "tone down your ass" fitness campaign.

Protector24
Rookie Member

Postby Protector24 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 am

Last edited by Protector24 on Sat May 25, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Columbo
Seasoned Member

Postby Columbo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 am

Last edited by Columbo on Sun May 26, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more thing..."

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Protector24 wrote:It's not... Pretty hard to tell from an 80 second clip either way.

Meh, we shall see. From what I watch (in the preview) the reactions of the people just didn't seem authentic, I could very well be wrong.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Protector24 wrote:It's not... Pretty hard to tell from an 80 second clip either way.

Sure it is.......did you see the tackle in the clip?
It's the CBSA...no Officer could do that and still remain employed.

Protector24
Rookie Member

Postby Protector24 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Last edited by Protector24 on Sat May 25, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Punisher-One wrote:

Sure it is.......did you see the tackle in the clip?
It's the CBSA...no Officer could do that and still remain employed.

Umm Ok?
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

cn80n
Rookie Member

Re: Border Security Canada: National Geographic

Postby cn80n » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:17 am

Pete Broccolo wrote:Please, won't somebody think about the wait times?!

I'm going to H e l l, aren't I?

This made me laugh out loud - I am glad to see that at least the CBSA sense of humour remains alive and well, even if management is acting like they are dying a slow brain death. Thanks for making my day.
legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus

Homer
Rookie Member

Postby Homer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Just saw this:

680 News wrote:Report finds more than 1,000 complaints against Canada border agency during 6-month period

It seems many people crossing into Canada are not happy with their experience at the border.

A report obtained by the Canadian Press found there were 1,105 complaints against the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) during a six-month period last year.

The complaints range from overly-long interrogation periods to rude behaviour on the part of border officers.

In one case, an individual with the same name as a person with crime ties was accused of being that person.

While the numbers seem high, the agency says they make up a very small percentage of the total number of travellers.

In many of the reports the agency found the border agent followed correct protocol but there was still an unnecessary wait or delay for the traveller.

Canada Border Services Agency, which has 5,500 uniformed officers, processed more than 90 million travellers in 2011 and the complaints total only a tiny fraction of the total

The agency also says it had 217 compliments through the feedback system in 2011.

http://www.680news.com/news/national/ar ... nth-period

So - over 6 months you process some 45 million travellers and ONLY 1,105 complaints filed across the whole of CBSA? Good job!

*edit to add link
"They have the Internet on computers now!"

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Homer wrote:Just saw this:

680 News wrote:Report finds more than 1,000 complaints against Canada border agency during 6-month period

It seems many people crossing into Canada are not happy with their experience at the border.

A report obtained by the Canadian Press found there were 1,105 complaints against the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) during a six-month period last year.

The complaints range from overly-long interrogation periods to rude behaviour on the part of border officers.

In one case, an individual with the same name as a person with crime ties was accused of being that person.

While the numbers seem high, the agency says they make up a very small percentage of the total number of travellers.

In many of the reports the agency found the border agent followed correct protocol but there was still an unnecessary wait or delay for the traveller.

Canada Border Services Agency, which has 5,500 uniformed officers, processed more than 90 million travellers in 2011 and the complaints total only a tiny fraction of the total

The agency also says it had 217 compliments through the feedback system in 2011.

http://www.680news.com/news/national/ar ... nth-period

So - over 6 months you process some 45 million travellers and ONLY 1,105 complaints filed across the whole of CBSA? Good job!

*edit to add link

0.00245% to be exact.

smarmy_rebel
Rookie Member

Postby smarmy_rebel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Homer wrote:Just saw this:

680 News wrote:

Omg, the horrors!

shootemup
Sage Member

Postby shootemup » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 pm

If you don't get complaints, you aren't doing your job...
Jackbooted Cig Enforcer

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:31 pm

shootemup wrote:If you don't get complaints, you aren't doing your job...

Actually if you are getting complaints you aren't "client service" oriented enough.