Armoured Car Robbery at U of A

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: Armoured Car Robbery at U of A

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 am

Read he was smirking during the victim impact statements in court.....what a POS. Hopefully the judge decides to go with no chance of parole for the maximum of 75 years. Send a message that shooting three people in the head from behind and running away like a coward for money gets you the rest of your life forfeited.

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:45 pm

No parole for 40 years. A good first case to apply this on.

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 pm

What surprised me most was that it was a joint submission. As a lawyer, why not ask for the standard 25 and let the courts decide? Unless this is all a rouse to help him argue incompetent counsel at the appeal court and throw a wrench into the whole thing.

CO

Sly
Rookie Member

Postby Sly » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:51 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:What surprised me most was that it was a joint submission. As a lawyer, why not ask for the standard 25 and let the courts decide? Unless this is all a rouse to help him argue incompetent counsel at the appeal court and throw a wrench into the whole thing.

CO

I was surprised by that as well; but, the accused had one of the best defense lawyers in Edmonton as legal counsel, not sure how that was retained. I believe, given the amount of evidence against the accused, and the knowledge that crown could have technically asked for more then 40 years for the consecutive sentences, is how that figure came about.