Crazy body parts dude

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
JennyRN
Rookie Member

Crazy body parts dude

Postby JennyRN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:30 am

Just thought I would throw this topic in - I was reading the Interpol website since they have him on the front page - hope they find this nutbag before he kills anyone else. My thinking was though that he is likely to have killed before since don't they usually "work-up" to a dismemberment type of killing? Would make a great Criminal Minds episode!!!

klink1983
Rookie Member

Re: Crazy body parts dude

Postby klink1983 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 am

I heard through the grapevine at work that buddy even posted a video.

This guy is nuts!
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris has allowed to live.....

PPSC Lawyer
Rookie Member

Postby PPSC Lawyer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am

JennyRN wrote:Just thought I would throw this topic in - I was reading the Interpol website since they have him on the front page - hope they find this nutbag before he kills anyone else. My thinking was though that he is likely to have killed before since don't they usually "work-up" to a dismemberment type of killing? Would make a great Criminal Minds episode!!!

There were stories he put up videos of him killing a cat by suffocating it in a plastic bag, so he has been working up to this.
No longer with PPSC, but still 100% Crown Prosecutor.

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:51 am

Dismemberment is actually pretty common after a murder. It's not something a person works up to, it's more an "oh shit, I killed him...gotta get rid of the body" reaction.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:36 am

Gard wrote:Dismemberment is actually pretty common after a murder. It's not something a person works up to, it's more an "oh shit, I killed him...gotta get rid of the body" reaction.

Yeah I can see that - don't you think Gard that this guy may have killed others? Hard to say I guess - he is for sure a risk for killing again though :crazy:

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:46 am

Based on the way this murder seems to have happened, I doubt that he's done it before.

Either that or he was really good at covering up the other murders but really bad at this one.

I don't doubt for a second that he'd do it again.
26 + 6 = 1

goaliegibson

Postby goaliegibson » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:51 am

JennyRN wrote:Just thought I would throw this topic in - I was reading the Interpol website since they have him on the front page - hope they find this nutbag before he kills anyone else. My thinking was though that he is likely to have killed before since don't they usually "work-up" to a dismemberment type of killing? Would make a great Criminal Minds episode!!!

not necessarily. The work up could have been a mental rehearsal he played out numerous times in his head, before committing the act. The dismemberment seems to be have more served a purpose to have parts to mail out to shock and horrify

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Gard wrote:Dismemberment is actually pretty common after a murder. It's not something a person works up to, it's more an "oh shit, I killed him...gotta get rid of the body" reaction.

I agree, but then he performed sex acts with the limbs and corpse which is all filmed. That doesn't sound like an "oh shit I better get rid of the body" situation. Then he mailed out bodies parts.

Dr. Bradford

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Magno ... story.html

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Bald Man wrote:

I agree, but then he performed sex acts with the limbs and corpse which is all filmed. That doesn't sound like an "oh shit I better get rid of the body" situation. Then he mailed out bodies parts.

Dr. Bradford

Holy shit - I didn't read about that - man this guy is FUBAR :crazy:

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Bald Man wrote:

Dr. Bradford

I wasn't talking about this situation. I was addressing Jenny's comment that killers work up to dismemberment.
26 + 6 = 1

Guards
Sage Member

Postby Guards » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I watched the video this morning.......disturbing.
:mrgreen:

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Okay, the guy does seem pretty freaky even without the kitten killing and icepick murder and dismemberment, but it still makes you think twice about what could be going on in the minds, or basements, of your neighbours.

A guy I worked with back in the mid-nineties was telling us one day about growing up in Scarborough, and how he lived on a court where all the kids (teens) would play road hockey. There was a kid who would come from some other part of the neighbourhood to play, no one really knew him very well, they'd play hockey and then he'd just head home.

He was pretty quiet, but they could tell he had a thing for one guy's sister, but nothing came of it. A couple of years later, that girl was attacked by the Scarborough rapist.

That quiet kid's name? Paul Bernardo.

JennyRN
Rookie Member

Postby JennyRN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 pm

GoodWitness wrote:Okay, the guy does seem pretty freaky even without the kitten killing and icepick murder and dismemberment, but it still makes you think twice about what could be going on in the minds, or basements, of your neighbours.

A guy I worked with back in the mid-nineties was telling us one day about growing up in Scarborough, and how he lived on a court where all the kids (teens) would play road hockey. There was a kid who would come from some other part of the neighbourhood to play, no one really knew him very well, they'd play hockey and then he'd just head home.

He was pretty quiet, but they could tell he had a thing for one guy's sister, but nothing came of it. A couple of years later, that girl was attacked by the Scarborough rapist.

That quiet kid's name? Paul Bernardo.

Yup it's so true - I was at the park with my fiance's grandson just a few weeks ago - there was one kid there - he had just a nasty look on his face - he kept going off by himself and not playing at all - just going off and sitting at the edge of the park - I watched him here and there and he just looked mean - it's freaky to see that in a little kid....

Bonvoyage012
Rookie Member

Postby Bonvoyage012 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Wonder if being "romantically invovled" with Karla Homolka had anything to do with further fueling this Magnotta kid's nuttiness.:roll:

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 pm

He is like a real life Hannibal Lecter crossed with Buffalo Bill.