Krav Maga

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
User avatar
SupahDuck
King Poobah
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: Krav Maga

Postby SupahDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:37 am

meathead1 wrote:i got into a fight with a guy on the side of a 400 series highway my last night shift, and you know what worked? Punching him in the face hard and repeatedly.


Meatie! Public side! All your posts need to be 'paperwork-friendly' !!

Ergo, you were "using distractionary techniques in order to interrupt his illegal behaviour, and gain compliance from the subject so that restraints could be applied."...........

Sounds so much more 'impressive' (and less career-limiting) than "I kicked him in the nuts a hundred times until he put the cuffs on himself" !!!!
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

red_coat
Sage Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: Krav Maga

Postby red_coat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:04 am

SupahDuck wrote:
meathead1 wrote:i got into a fight with a guy on the side of a 400 series highway my last night shift, and you know what worked? Punching him in the face hard and repeatedly.


Meatie! Public side! All your posts need to be 'paperwork-friendly' !!

Ergo, you were "using distractionary techniques in order to interrupt his illegal behaviour, and gain compliance from the subject so that restraints could be applied."...........

Sounds so much more 'impressive' (and less career-limiting) than "I kicked him in the nuts a hundred times until he put the cuffs on himself" !!!!


No, he punched him in the face really hard repeatedly. There was nothing "discrationary" about it... I was going to explain why, but then realized I was on the public side.

User avatar
SupahDuck
King Poobah
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: Krav Maga

Postby SupahDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:03 pm

red_coat wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:
meathead1 wrote:i got into a fight with a guy on the side of a 400 series highway my last night shift, and you know what worked? Punching him in the face hard and repeatedly.


Meatie! Public side! All your posts need to be 'paperwork-friendly' !!

Ergo, you were "using distractionary techniques in order to interrupt his illegal behaviour, and gain compliance from the subject so that restraints could be applied."...........

Sounds so much more 'impressive' (and less career-limiting) than "I kicked him in the nuts a hundred times until he put the cuffs on himself" !!!!


No, he punched him in the face really hard repeatedly. There was nothing "discrationary" about it... I was going to explain why, but then realized I was on the public side.


Work with me here..... the reality of what happened doesn't need to be reflected verbatim in the paperwork, does it? Language of the law and all that rot......

:mrgreen:
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

red_coat
Sage Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: Krav Maga

Postby red_coat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:54 pm

This is confusing to someone who does not know legal jargon will not know what you are talking about, aka a jury, and make you sound like you are hiding something.
"using distractionary techniques in order to interrupt his illegal behaviour, and gain compliance from the subject so that restraints could be applied.



This is simple and to the point, and tells them exactly what you did.
i got into a fight with a guy on the side of a 400 series highway my last night shift, and you know what worked? Punching him in the face hard and repeatedly

User avatar
SupahDuck
King Poobah
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: Krav Maga

Postby SupahDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:48 pm

red_coat wrote:This is confusing to someone who does not know legal jargon will not know what you are talking about, aka a jury, and make you sound like you are hiding something.
"using distractionary techniques in order to interrupt his illegal behaviour, and gain compliance from the subject so that restraints could be applied.



This is simple and to the point, and tells them exactly what you did.
i got into a fight with a guy on the side of a 400 series highway my last night shift, and you know what worked? Punching him in the face hard and repeatedly


*sigh* You guys are making me ruin the joke by explaining it so much..... :P

All your posts need to be 'paperwork-friendly' !!


i.e. a WRITTEN REPORT. I'm not going to spout all that verbal diarrhea in front of a jury.....

Man, tough crowd, tough crowd. :smirk:
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

red_coat
Sage Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:17 am
Contact:

Re: Krav Maga

Postby red_coat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 pm

No, my paperwork reflects that of what I testify. I would write in my report exactly what meathead1 typed - with more explanation of course, but using the same language, no legal jargon.

User avatar
SupahDuck
King Poobah
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: Krav Maga

Postby SupahDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 pm

red_coat wrote:No, my paperwork reflects that of what I testify. I would write in my report exactly what meathead1 typed - with more explanation of course, but using the same language, no legal jargon.


Man you're a Debbie Downer...... BlueLine really needs a sarcasm smiley! Dave?
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

User avatar
Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: GTR
Contact:

Re: Krav Maga

Postby Respond Wayne » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 pm

SupahDuck wrote:BlueLine really needs a sarcasm smiley! Dave?


This >>> :P <<< usually works. :teach:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<


***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

User avatar
Shawshank
Regular Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Re: Krav Maga

Postby Shawshank » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

SupahDuck wrote:
red_coat wrote:No, my paperwork reflects that of what I testify. I would write in my report exactly what meathead1 typed - with more explanation of course, but using the same language, no legal jargon.


Man you're a Debbie Downer...... BlueLine really needs a sarcasm smiley! Dave?


:smirk: :angel: :alright: :mrgreen:

Would one of these work?
K division.

User avatar
SupahDuck
King Poobah
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:44 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: Krav Maga

Postby SupahDuck » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:22 am

Hrmmm, tried most of those already.

Maybe meatie has the right idea....... hard punches to the head sound pretty good right about now..... :alright:
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

User avatar
FredGassitt
Regular Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Krav Maga

Postby FredGassitt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:24 am

Haven't tried KM but I'm a big fan of Systema, and more recently Combat Systema. From what i understand KM relies on 'fast twitch' reactions where you obliterate the attacker until such time as you can get away. Systema is more relexive, and (according to them) less damaging in the long run. I like the no-belts no-levels we're-all-learning philosophy of Systema, and it's always been a positive experience.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests