Freeman of the Land

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Madeline236
Grand Poobah

Re: Freeman of the Land

Postby Madeline236 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:30 am

Just had one sent to jail on Tax Evasion here in MB. Sounds like the court case was a good show. Now she can readjust all her new girlfriends

Chiropractor gets jail time for tax evasion

By: Carol Sanders

Posted: 02/28/2012 1:00 AM | Comments: 167 (including replies)

For the first time in recent memory, a Manitoban has been sent to jail for income tax evasion.

Chiropractor Rosalie Chobotar was sentenced to six months in jail plus a $162,513 fine -- the amount she owes the Canada Revenue Agency.

"With all due respect, I do not accept this offer," Chobotar told provincial court Judge Lynn Stannard before being taken into custody. "This offer is not accepted," she said as court officers gathered her purse and jacket and led her away for transfer to the women's jail.

She's not the first income-tax evader found guilty in Manitoba with links to anti-tax crusaders, who say they don't have to pay income tax or recognize the authority of the courts.

She is the first in recent memory to end up in jail, said Kevin Lloyd with the Canada Revenue Agency.

Although Chobotar has no criminal record, the judge said she couldn't impose a conditional sentence on the 53-year-old woman because she wouldn't abide by the conditions.

At the beginning of her sentencing hearing Monday, Chobotar submitted a letter to the court saying "At no point have I ever willingly agreed to legally represent a taxpayer in these proceedings and I certainly have never agreed to do it for free... I charge a standard fee of $10 million to carry out any court order that this court issues."

The judge said it wasn't mental illness, fraud or concealment but "self-centred greed" that led Chobotar to claim she doesn't have to pay income tax.

Chobotar has shown no remorse, the judge said before sending her to jail as a deterrent and a denunciation.

"She has displayed a lack of respect for the court and the risk to reoffend is a concern," Stannard said.

Chobotar, who was representing herself in court, walked out of her trial in October. It continued without her. In November, she didn't show up to hear the verdict when she was found guilty. On that day, she sent Manitoba Court of Queen's Bench Chief Justice Glenn Joyal a package saying "The woman known as Rosalie Chobotar... will not be appearing."

At her sentencing on Monday, Chobotar declined Stannard's offer to have a pre-sentencing report prepared that would look at her background and could have influenced her sentence.

The chiropractor, who worked out of a clinic in Lorette, made more than $800,000 from 2002 to 2007 and paid zero income tax, saying the government has no right to make her pay. What she took exception to was her name and identity and having to pay income tax. "It does not reflect me... My name is not me," she told the court before she walked out of her trial.

When Chobotar signed her income-tax returns, she wrote after her signature "to the best of my knowledge without understanding," court heard earlier.

She didn't want to pay any taxes but a good chunk of her living came from them, the court heard. More than 40 per cent of her income came from billing Manitoba Health, Manitoba Public Insurance and the Workers Compensation Board, which benefit from government funding provided by taxpayers.

Stannard said Chobotar didn't choose to live on an "island" but benefited from taxpayer-funded services such as roads, police and fire protection and schools. Chobotar didn't want to pay her fair share and didn't care if others would have to pay more, the judge said.

Chobotar is well-educated, intelligent and kept excellent records, the judge said.

"She doesn't appear to have emotional or psychological issues."

She just didn't want to pay income tax and recited anti-tax movement mantras she was "a natural person not subject to tax obligation" in an attempt to get out of paying them.

Chobotar was given four years to pay her fine, with the first instalment of $50,000 due March 1, 2013.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/ ... 83123.html

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:50 am

Force Recon wrote:I like the "what is your date of birth sir?"
"I can't testify to that because I wasn't present at the event."

But... You were present...
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

Respond Wayne
Public Forum Moderator

Postby Respond Wayne » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:51 am

SierraSeven wrote:
Force Recon wrote:I like the "what is your date of birth sir?"
"I can't testify to that because I wasn't present at the event."

But... You were present...

Oh and what a present he ended up being... :crazy:
LIVE IN THE PEEL REGION AREA?
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
>>> RSAR.CA <<<

***FREE Standard First Aid & Level "C" CPR Courses Offered To New Members***
(A minimum commitment to the group will be required before certificates are issued)

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Couple of our highway guys had a run in with a couple, very crazy. apparently responsible for over 18 cop deaths in the states
:wave:

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Code44 wrote:Couple of our highway guys had a run in with a couple, very crazy. apparently responsible for over 18 cop deaths in the states

If they are responsible for 18 cop deaths, how the are they A) not in jail and B) Able to get into Canada.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:12 pm

10-4, I misread.
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:54 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:
RemingtonSteel wrote:
Code44 wrote:Couple of our highway guys had a run in with a couple, very crazy. apparently responsible for over 18 cop deaths in the states

If they are responsible for 18 cop deaths, how the are they A) not in jail and B) Able to get into Canada.

He's saying that the movement has been responsible for that many police officer deaths.

Any of the cases I've found have resulted in the freemen being killed in an officer involved shooting situation, or being sent to prison.

They are in Canada already, because the members of the movement here in Canada are Canadian.

Yes I meant the movement, not those specific freeman stopped were killers. Thanks Irish
:wave:

meathead1
Poobah Overlord

Postby meathead1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

the canadian movement is not the same as the american movement. It has some of the same principles but they are not one and the same.
When things get bad, I take comfort in knowing they could always be worse.
When things get worse, I take comfort in knowing they can only get better.

lndshark

Postby lndshark » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:22 pm

meathead1 wrote:the canadian movement is not the same as the american movement. It has some of the same principles but they are not one and the same.

I hope you are right, but I can't help but disagree. Much like the comment made by the Ottawa officer, you can't turn a blind eye to this movement, regardless of their location. Without quoting the officer word for word, "the gun culture in Canada isn't the same as it is in the U.S." almost reeks of ignorance.

The movements in both countries, while based on similar principles, are both driven by the same roots. Where I am, we've dealt with these groups for some time now and while most of the wacko-o types are amateurs at best, the core ring leaders are dangerous. Education really needs to be ratcheted up for Canadian law enforcement when it comes to these groups. Please folks, exercise extreme caution around this type of person. The FBI and Homeland Security have great rural law enforcement education training available...anyone close to the border who can travel to the U.S. for this training should.

I hope I don't sound paranoid, but I know what these folks are capable of. Be safe! Become educated!

I'm attending more training at the end of the month on Sovereign Citizens. I'm happy to share what I learn so feel free to PM me.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Some of their antics... :banghead:

canadian freeman gets pulled and does not consent part 1
http://youtu.be/8IPct574o4w

Magna Carta wrote:No Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the Land

Personally, I think the officer was too nice.

Another good example, good job by the officer. Actually great job actually humorous.
http://youtu.be/UWPFR3UBqYI
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Canadian freeman gets pulled and does not consent Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz1tCYzvhSI

Both of the clips were posted on BL a while back.
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:28 am

These guys would be hilarious, until you realize they are serious. (And I mean the ones who act like a spoiled child not being allowed to buy a chocolate bar in a convience store, not the police killers. Just to be clear)

meathead1 wrote:the canadian movement is not the same as the american movement. It has some of the same principles but they are not one and the same.

Would it be fair to say the American movement is more intense than the Canadian movement?
K division.

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:03 am

Tango5 wrote:Canadian freeman gets pulled and does not consent Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz1tCYzvhSI

Both of the clips were posted on BL a while back.

That guy's voice makes me want to step on his throat.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1