Ontario - upload-court-security - Like this is new, not

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Ontario - upload-court-security - Like this is new, not

Postby Dave Jenkins » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:49 pm

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/artic ... t-security

Premier Dalton McGuinty is highlighting a plan to unload the cost of court security guards from city budget books — just in time for October’s provincial election. blah, blah, blah..........

For Christ sakes do it all ready! You know....like has been the plan for how many years now......

Sorry to hear about you demotion there BaldMan. :P Court security guards....... :roll:
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Re: Ontario - upload-court-security - Like this is new, not

Postby CourtOfficer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 pm

This has been talked about forever. Either do it or quit yacking about it. If I were to guess, it will likely mean the money cannon being fired at cities rather than the Province actually running court security.

CO

Tank
Rookie Member

Postby Tank » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Dave Jenkins wrote:http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/582636--mcguinty-plan-upload-court-security

Premier Dalton McGuinty is highlighting a plan to unload the cost of court security guards from city budget books — just in time for October’s provincial election. blah, blah, blah..........

For Christ sakes do it all ready! You know....like has been the plan for how many years now......

Sorry to hear about you demotion there BaldMan. :P Court security guards....... :roll:

I thought they were supposed to start that next year, slowly phase it in?

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I didn't read the thread, I was too stunned to see I'd been transported back to 1993 and the days of "not" jokes.

I think Borat was the last guy before you to use a not joke.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 am

TRANSLATION: Mr. McGuinty is going to do everything in his power (before he loses) it to hold on to power, including spend us to the hills.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 am

Dave Jenkins wrote:http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/582636--mcguinty-plan-upload-court-security

fuck you Jenkins!! just kidding. They can call me whatever they want as long as they pay me. This has been a done deal for 2 years now, nothing new.

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:30 am

Tank wrote:

I thought they were supposed to start that next year, slowly phase it in?

That's correct, they start uploading costs in Jan 2012 to be phased in over 5 years. There is a maximum they pay at the end of 5 years, can't remember what that was.

Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Postby Dave Jenkins » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:46 am

The whole article just made me laugh. The media sucking it up like it is some new venture. And I agree, its McGuinty and crew grasping at straws and trying to make out like they are doing something new for locals. Adding to all of this....calling the police special constables court security guards. In the grand scheme of things that means four fifths of fuck all. But it is yet one more reminder that the people running the show have no clue as to what they are running!

The article, like McGuinty is a joke. Thought I'd better keep the "not" joke out of this one lest Mongo knot his knickers by getting transported back in time again. Sorry about the throw back to 1993 and Borat and all that there Mongo! And I think I know why you're really bugged by the time throw back! It was 1993 when Kim Campbell became prime minister, after Brian Mulroney packed it in. Somewhat of another joke. Yes? :P
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Dave Jenkins wrote: Sorry about the throw back to 1993 and Borat and all that there Mongo! And I think I know why you're really bugged by the time throw back! It was 1993 when Kim Campbell became prime minister, after Brian Mulroney packed it in. Somewhat of another joke. Yes? :P

Yes, I suppose so. But while the "not" joke stirred some fuzzy memories, I had completely forgotten Kim Campbell. :D
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?