Lawyer with kidnapping conviction admitted to bar

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
gotchya
Rookie Member

Re: Lawyer with kidnapping conviction admitted to bar

Postby gotchya » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 pm

PPSC Lawyer wrote:Why would lawyers have to give McNeil disclosure about themselves, when they're not the ones being cross-examined?

What good is a notarized letter signed by a lawyer convicted of fraud?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

ArcticCop
King Poobah

Postby ArcticCop » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:43 pm

John014 wrote:When I was younger I volunteered with a drug/alcohol group for youths and met two girls who grew up in a cult. The religion turned them into herion addicts and they were raped repeatedly from the age of 5 by "priests" and family members on display. I for one would use any force necessary to get any person out of that situation.

You realize there is no corroborating evidence that any cults existed in north America that engaged in the practices these drug addicts were describing to you. There is child sexual abuse, and some people use religion as smoke screen for it but the ritual abuse you are describing has never been shown to exist.

You should be more skeptical.

John014
Seasoned Member

Postby John014 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:29 pm

ArcticCop wrote:
John014 wrote:When I was younger I volunteered with a drug/alcohol group for youths and met two girls who grew up in a cult. The religion turned them into herion addicts and they were raped repeatedly from the age of 5 by "priests" and family members on display. I for one would use any force necessary to get any person out of that situation.

You realize there is no corroborating evidence that any cults existed in north America that engaged in the practices these drug addicts were describing to you. There is child sexual abuse, and some people use religion as smoke screen for it but the ritual abuse you are describing has never been shown to exist.

You should be more skeptical.

I was 14 years old volunteering my time at a youth recovery center, these girls sounded believable as hell and at at the time they really looked like they had been through what they said they went through. Maybe I am/was a gullible sap and these were just two fucked up junkie teenagers who knows for sure.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

BossMan
Sage Member

Postby BossMan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 pm

If this dummy was worried about the girl's safety why did he not call the Police? Let’s be fair, if the bar didn't think that kidnapping showed a lack of good character then surly the fact that no one called the Police would show that he had lacked the common sense and good judgment to be a lawyer?

As PPSC Lawyer said, Lawyers are not on trial. However I believe that most people would like to think that members of the judicial system would be beyond reproach. Or, at the very least not have admittedly been guilty of a very serious crime; one which is probably worse then what most of his clients will have been accused from.

If we can’t have confidence in the people who operate within our courts how can we have confidence in our courts?

Longarm9
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Longarm9 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am

BossMan wrote:If we can’t have confidence in the people who operate within our courts how can we have confidence in our courts?

I donno about you, but my confidence in the court system is already less than zero.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill

BossMan
Sage Member

Postby BossMan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

True enough. lol

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Me too, after all- who can argue with any of that??
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

Whitebrown
Sage Member

Postby Whitebrown » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Can't remember if I posted this back in the summer or not.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca ... lumbiaHome

A West Vancouver man who stabbed his friend to death is returning to law school at the University of B.C. after serving just a little more than two years in prison.
Sasan Ansari was convicted in the 2006 killing of Josh Goos, a friend that he admitted to stabbing more than 30 times outside the posh Hollyburn Country Club.

Doesn't mean he'll get to practice law in BC (or the rest of Canada, hopefully) but just the fact those hippie fucks at UBC let him back in disgusts me. UBC should have any and all public funds revoked and taken away.