.

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
User avatar
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3773
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Redacted
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 am

gotchya wrote:I can't agree, ultimately every country has the right to refuse anyone (except their own citizens) entry.


Unless of course they say "refugee" at which point they can do whatever they bloody well want to whilst we foot the bill. :thumbsup:

User avatar
El Conejo
Grand Poobah
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:30 am
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby El Conejo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:48 am

IrishCanadian wrote:It will be long on grand promises and short on practical details.


That Irish is one sharp dude.

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

I forsee a long, drawn-out study of CBSA's role, mandate and powers, and then they will get a new shoulder flash...but nothing else will change!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

User avatar
Homer
Rookie Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Homer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:I forsee a long, drawn-out study of CBSA's role, mandate and powers, and then they will get a new shoulder flash...but nothing else will change!

Maybe arming for air mode? :twisted:
"They have the Internet on computers now!"

Borderwatchman
Grand Poobah
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:54 am
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Borderwatchman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Homer wrote:
Pete Broccolo wrote:I forsee a long, drawn-out study of CBSA's role, mandate and powers, and then they will get a new shoulder flash...but nothing else will change!

Maybe arming for air mode? :twisted:



That was funny!!! I almost bust a gut!! Unfortunately our Tax Collector Executive has ruled that air mode won't be armed. But we are getting a brand spanking new baseball cap and name tags!!!! Yahoo!! Can't wait to defy mgt on that one! All part of the "Change Agenda", you see. How about I change my underwear and throw it your desk, Portelance (to non CBSA ppl that's our useless President: Tax Collector in Chief)!

Here's a prediction of my own. All this talk Harper and Obama talk about "border initiatives" will include DEA, ICE, CBP and Border Patrol, USCG, ATF, RCMP, Intercon....Intelligarde......but one name will be missing. Guess which one!

User avatar
Crown-Loyal
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:29 am
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Crown-Loyal » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Borderwatchman wrote:Here's a prediction of my own. All this talk Harper and Obama talk about "border initiatives" will include DEA, ICE, CBP and Border Patrol, USCG, ATF, RCMP, Intercon....Intelligarde......but one name will be missing. Guess which one!


Couldn't have said it better myself.

Case in point:
SHIPRIDER - CBSA was offered positions, management declined.
Border Patrol project - CBSA management pulled out of front line roles.

but hey, let police do the policing. We can process form 1's and study permits.
PROTECTION - SERVICE - INTEGRITY ("Service with a Smile" was a close runner up)

User avatar
Ironside
Seasoned Member
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Ironside » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:05 am

Crown-Loyal wrote:
Borderwatchman wrote:Here's a prediction of my own. All this talk Harper and Obama talk about "border initiatives" will include DEA, ICE, CBP and Border Patrol, USCG, ATF, RCMP, Intercon....Intelligarde......but one name will be missing. Guess which one!


Couldn't have said it better myself.

Case in point:
SHIPRIDER - CBSA was offered positions, management declined.
Border Patrol project - CBSA management pulled out of front line roles.

but hey, let police do the policing. We can process form 1's and study permits.


FML

:banghead:
Did you know the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

User avatar
Rob
Grand Poobah
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 1:01 am
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:12 am

El Conejo wrote:
IrishCanadian wrote:It will be long on grand promises and short on practical details.


That Irish is one sharp dude.


you don't often hear Irish and sharp in the same sentence :smirk:
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
George Orwell.

"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Eric Cartman

Semper ubi sub ubi

User avatar
Pacific_BSO
Regular Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Pacific_BSO » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:27 pm

They say that they want trade done easier, I can possibly see various HS codes being amalgamated into one. Here's to hoping our Customs Tarriff becomes thinner by 50 pages! :drinking:

If that happens boys and girls, I'll be throwing the saddest party ever, kinda like the Manulife one party.
**CBSA Officer**

User avatar
SierraSeven
King Poobah
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:48 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby SierraSeven » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Customs tariff? Who uses that thing?
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

User avatar
Pacific_BSO
Regular Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Pacific_BSO » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:25 pm

SierraSeven wrote:Customs tariff? Who uses that thing?


Nobody does but do you think high up management knows that? They just might think we spend our downtime studying it.
**CBSA Officer**

User avatar
ICE23
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby ICE23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:47 pm

I kind of wonder if the whole Change Agenda was in anticipation for this proposed deal?

User avatar
ICE23
Rookie Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby ICE23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:04 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:
ICE23 wrote:I kind of wonder if the whole Change Agenda was in anticipation for this proposed deal?


I'm gonna guess no brother.

Partially because I doubt anyone had that kind of foresight / connections to know it was coming, and partially because I'm not sure the Change Agenda has really done much, short of a new shoulder flash / coat of arms. :wave:



Sad but true

User avatar
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord
Posts: 3773
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Redacted
Contact:

Re: Harper and Obama eye sweeping change in border security

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:56 pm

IrishCanadian wrote:I'm not sure the Change Agenda has really done much, short of a new shoulder flash / coat of arms. :wave:


Did you not see the name tag? Our fine managers and policy-writers are committed to wasting the agency's money by bringing us in to line with our Law Enforcement partners like the RCMP and USCBP who both wear name tags. BSO's working in air-mode will be happy to know that now every garbage-can criminal and gang member can see their names but they will not be armed to protect themselves while doing their duty.

Thank GOD we have NHQ to save us! :cuss:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest