"Free Person" pulled over in BC *Video*

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Jim Street
King Poobah

Re: "Free Person" pulled over in BC *Video*

Postby Jim Street » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:54 am

Double locking prevents the cuffs from pinching or damaging the nerves in the wrist/hand area as well as unlocking.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I always double-lock.
May not always be right away (after a scuffle, ect) but it most certainly is before sitting them into a car, or onto a seat, or moving them too far.
I don't care about how comfortable scrotey mcscrote is I can about not being sued for them losing all feeling in their hands.

RemingtonSteel
Veteran Member

Postby RemingtonSteel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Podhalan wrote:How many actually double lock?, hmm..... . :twitch:

If you can "keep blind" to the fact that one could actually get those off... Who cares if they sit on the ring and... Cry. :smirk:

I always double lock, I think you'd be stupid not to because of A) officer safety and B) Liabilites
If a man speaks his mind in the forest and a woman doesn't hear it, is he still wrong?

Whenever I feel sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead - true story

sportyspice
Rookie Member

Postby sportyspice » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Jim Street wrote:
sportyspice wrote:(Arrested for refusal, charter/warn, vehicle impound, PTA, release on scene.)

Release on scene?

There's at least an obstruct, off camera a possible resist or even assault.

As for cuffing, it's always discretionary but I won't comment on policy.

Yes, release on scene. If the member had arrested him right away, the rest of the crap probably wouldn't have happened. If there was obstruction after the arrest, then no release.

I always double-lock cuffs too. It can go a long way to getting cooperation out of certain subjects if they think you're trying to be nice to them. :smirk:
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time."

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

sportyspice wrote:Yes, release on scene. If the member had arrested him right away, the rest of the crap probably wouldn't have happened. If there was obstruction after the arrest, then no release.\

Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to this specific video? Arrested him right away for refusal?

This guy was going to do everything he did whether he was spoken to nicely or immediately cuffed and stuffed.

Can't release at scene for this, who do you release to?
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

Canadian Blue
King Poobah

Postby Canadian Blue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

How many actually double lock?, hmm..... .

Everyone.