Presidential Citation for Meritorious Service - CBSA

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: Presidential Citation for Meritorious Service - CBSA

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 am

Longarm9 wrote:I guess it never crosses his mind what's gonna happen when one of his unarmed guys gets shanked by some honduran gang member because he didn't have a firearm, and he gets to attend the funeral and explain to the guy's wife and kids that he sent their daddy out unarmed 'so they can't shoot anyone on his watch'.

Managers like that are a waste of skin.

Don't worry, we all know that a "manager" like that wouldn't care enough about his employees to actually attend a funeral....let alone speak to a widow...c'mon now.

Pacific_BSO

Postby Pacific_BSO » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Do any of you send e-mails directly to the President, Executive VP, and VP of Ops? I have and I still do, I may not be on their christmas card list but they always thank me for my time and opinion. I've told them what I think of some of the policies and not once have I gotten a tongue lashing from management. I'm always polite but greatly emphasize my disagreement to them.
**CBSA Officer**

Crown-Loyal
Rookie Member

Postby Crown-Loyal » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Pacific_BSO wrote:Do any of you send e-mails directly to the President, Executive VP, and VP of Ops? I have and I still do, I may not be on their christmas card list but they always thank me for my time and opinion. I've told them what I think of some of the policies and not once have I gotten a tongue lashing from management. I'm always polite but greatly emphasize my disagreement to them.

Have you been sent by your management on any good courses lately? No? I wonder why? :smirk:

I joke. I think it is a good idea for top management to hear what BSO's have to say, it is better than a Director telling the VP's that the BSO's applaud their decision to implement (insert stupid policy here).

Feel free to send them an email on my behalf about the need to update our dress uniforms! The branding initiative people pretty much told me to screw off haha.
PROTECTION - SERVICE - INTEGRITY ("Service with a Smile" was a close runner up)

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:47 am

Pacific_BSO wrote:Do any of you send e-mails directly to the President, Executive VP, and VP of Ops? I have and I still do, I may not be on their christmas card list but they always thank me for my time and opinion. I've told them what I think of some of the policies and not once have I gotten a tongue lashing from management. I'm always polite but greatly emphasize my disagreement to them.

So what has changed?
They send you a generic "thanks for your opinion we care about what our employees think we will seriously consider your request/suggestion" email and probably never think about it again. We collectively each need to send the same email with the same suggestions in it...however the CBSA lacks enough solidarity and brotherhood to do such a thing.