RCMP Commissioner issued sidearm

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
OnTalyn
Seasoned Member

Re: RCMP Commissioner issued sidearm

Postby OnTalyn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:42 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:So the Queen can command our army? How screwed up.

CO

Yes Her Majesty can, every member of the CF is sworn to be loyal to her. In addition every officers scroll commands them to obey such oreders that may be given by her.

And why is that screwed up? She is our Head of State.

fenceline
Seasoned Member

Postby fenceline » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm

OnTalyn wrote:

CO

Yes Her Majesty can, every member of the CF is sworn to be loyal to her. In addition every officers scroll commands them to obey such oreders that may be given by her.

CO wants a republic... he isn't what you'd term a "Loyalist" in the old sense of the world. I think his family got stuck on the wrong side of the border during a certain skirmish a few years back :swords: ;)
Patch Trader? Go to My Patch Page

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

copperandblue
Rookie Member

Postby copperandblue » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Haha Republican! Get Him!!!

As for the Queen, at least our royal family does take millitary drill seriously. It is awesome when you see Prince Harry and the like actually learning the craft and doing pushups like every other grunt.

I wonder how messed up it would be to be the drill instructor giving William shit when in a few years he will be your commanding officer?

Anyways, When I saw the queen she came right up to me and asked me how my day was. Hew perimieter guard (SAS methinks?) smiled when asked him, as a ten year old, if his gun was real. Since then I have always loved the royal family. As we were driving away, there was a protest by some Quebecers, and one of them had a sign with some derogitory remarks. Since that day I have also held a disdain, not for the French, but for those who think that they can change our history even after losing the war...shit im off track...when did that happen?
Break the arm of the wicked and evil man; call him to account for his wickedness that would not be found out. Psalm 10:15

GoodWitness
Rookie Member

Postby GoodWitness » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Leeworthy wrote:LOL no worries. bound to happen just like if we start talking about LEO stuff, we get corrected. Not our area of expertise haha.

As for the queen, I believe the holster is a ceremonial piece of kit, and contains no weapon.

I believe it usually contains Polo Mints. Occasionally a Cadbury Flake.

Tommy
Veteran Member

Postby Tommy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Leeworthy wrote:LOL no worries. bound to happen just like if we start talking about LEO stuff, we get corrected. Not our area of expertise haha.

As for the queen, I believe the holster is a ceremonial piece of kit, and contains no weapon.

she's totally got a Gold Plated Desert Eagle .50 AE in there...

Copperandblue,

If he's any kind of NCO worth his stripes, he'll be a hard-as-fuck tough as nails instructor for the very reason that Prince William WILL be his Boss one day.... that way he can look at him and say, "I trust this officer because I trained him to survive and lead properly."

unless the officer is a total gong show in which case the NCO will still follow him... but mostly just out of Morbid curiosity....
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer." - General George S. Patton

Mr-C
Rookie Member

Postby Mr-C » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:08 pm

El Conejo wrote:So does Prince Charles outrank the Governor General?

Not according to the order of precedence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_o ... precedence

Of course this doesn't mean actual decision making so much as it means order in which they would be introduced at a cocktail party or seating arrangements at a state funeral
The GG gets a special rank insignia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_F ... d_insignia) whereas Prince Charles has the full general/admiral/air chief marshal rank in all three of the British services

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm with CO if he's a republican.

Having a foreign queen as our head of state makes no sense to me.

Time for a Canadian head of state!!
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Gard wrote:I'm with CO if he's a republican.

Never got that one either. Seems kind of sad really.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

Homer
Rookie Member

Postby Homer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Gard wrote:I'm with CO if he's a republican.

Time for a Canadian head of state!!

And take one of the wonderful choices we currently have before us? Yuck!
"They have the Internet on computers now!"

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:03 pm

OnTalyn wrote:

CO

Because I didn't vote for her. People in her own country didn't vote for her. She was "born" into the position of commanding a country (not even her own's) military? Why don't we just make the RCMP Commissioners kid the next Commissioner by birth right?

This is 2010, not the 1800's. The Queen is just a stupid old woman who I wouldn't cross the street to speak to.

CO

Tango5
Rookie Member

Postby Tango5 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 pm

:rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:
... For the Grammar Police, get off my back, I wasn't born here.

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Gard wrote:Time for a Canadian head of state!!

Isn't a Canadian (Governor General) technically the head of state, because the Queen never in town to do the head of state thing...?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 pm

I don't see the point of the position of Governor General. I think the money it takes to pay, clothe and feed that lady could go to better use.

CO

Gardenfit
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Gardenfit » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 am

CourtOfficer wrote:I don't see the point of the position of Governor General. I think the money it takes to pay, clothe and feed that lady could go to better use.

CO

You are part of the Commonwealth of Nations which was once the mighty British Empire. When you look at the remanants of all the other colonial powers such as Portugal, France, Belgium and Spain....you are not doing too bad.

If Canada left the Commonwealth, then who would come 2nd to Australia in the Commonwealth Games medal count? ;)

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:09 am

CC9769 wrote:
CourtOfficer wrote:I don't see the point of the position of Governor General. I think the money it takes to pay, clothe and feed that lady could go to better use.

CO

You are part of the Commonwealth of Nations which was once the mighty British Empire. When you look at the remanants of all the other colonial powers such as Portugal, France, Belgium and Spain....you are not doing too bad.

If Canada left the Commonwealth, then who would come 2nd to Australia in the Commonwealth Games medal count? ;)

I have no idea what the Commonwealth games are but I doubt it would change my position. First I've heard of this "commonwealth of nations" but I would prefer to just be our own country. Would that require a war on Britain or could we just have a vote and get rid of those royal nerds?

CO