Armed Security Question (Armored Car)

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
SierraSeven
King Poobah

Re: Armed Security Question (Armored Car)

Postby SierraSeven » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Mongo wrote:Well I am pretty sure they have CC arrest powers, which makes them almost just like cops.

And I have black slippers which makes me almost a ninja.

Anyone can arrest under the criminal code you numpty, doesn't mean that everyone is almost a cop :roll: Why are these trolls drawn to this forum?

Mongo like candy.

Mongo is idiot. I think that pretty well sums things up.
While you are reading this, your enemy is training.

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Lol... that tucked in boots thing made me think of that movie that just came out about the armored car heists with Ben Affleck.

When he is casing possible cars to knock off he made a comment about how he didn't wanna go after one since the guy driving it always walks around in a tac vest and tucks his pants in his boots and is therefore likely to be a stupid hero. His plan is to go after the ones driven by guys with untucked shirts and 2 week old jelly donut stains on the uniform since they will just hand the cash over :D .

Bubbles1993

Postby Bubbles1993 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:19 pm

SierraSeven wrote:Anyone can arrest under the criminal code you numpty, doesn't mean that everyone is almost a cop :roll: Why are these trolls drawn to this forum?

Can a cop be a troll on Blueline? I didn't think that was possible! :P

(Just going by Mongo's profile - that movie rocks btw)
To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable.

- Oscar Wilde

mcdonaja
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby mcdonaja » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Dirty Harry wrote:
mcdonaja wrote:OK...someone enlighten me on this PLLLLEASE.

So I pull into Timmy's this AM to grab my usual. Out of the corner of my eye my attention is somewhat taken by a guy dressed in dark blues, wearing tac pants, tac everything, carry a knapsack. I see a shoulder flash so I didn't pay too much attention and presumed it was one of the City Tac guys heading in for a coffee. So I wander in shortly after take a look around and didn't see him.

I then see the guy coming out of the back room and head out the door...it was an armed G4S delivery boy...WTF!!?? All kitted out in a Tac uniform with Tac boots. you know, pants tucked into the boots etc etc etc.

So is this a "normal" uniform for the delivery boys now?? Absolutely could have passed for a copper 100%...I though there were some rules out there about security guards and the like trying to dress up and play copper?

Pretty sure your in my city...is it the tall guy, who thinks he always has too duck under the top of the doorway? Yeah he's tall, but dude isn't exactly 7 ft., I laugh every time I see him.

DH

That would pretty much describe him..
"Cops solve problems. Don't be a problem and you won't get solved."
Freedom Friday - Jan 06 2012 - 32 years 1 month

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Sorry folks, I meant to yank on the chain and I must have pulled too hard. I was going to let it ride a little longer for comedy sake but I'll rein it in now.

But at least someone recognized my tagline...
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Your sarcasm must have blown right over my head :ponder:

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Not that they're worthy of note, but my previous comments in the "hospital security" thread would have made my sarcasm painfully evident, as well as my feelings on security in general.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Serious thread is serious.

It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

newman
Rookie Member

Postby newman » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Mongo wrote:Sorry folks, I meant to yank on the chain and I must have pulled too hard. I was going to let it ride a little longer for comedy sake but I'll rein it in now.

Sierra's too busy thinking of punchlines to put someone down (and make himself look better) than to notice blatant sarcasm.
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care."

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:19 am

newman wrote:Sierra's too busy thinking of punchlines to put someone down (and make himself look better) than to notice blatant sarcasm.

Why exactly are you STILL here?

GET LOST..troll.
Last edited by gotchya on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:04 am

Force Recon wrote:
gotchya wrote:There is a guy that does transfers, who tucks his pants into his boots, he too is a SWAT security guard. :roll:

Roll your eyes all you want there is a pistol on his hip and only a baton on ours...go figure.... :crazy:

I suppose, it is retarded, but him having a gun doesn't make him law enforcement or anymore of an officer.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

mcdonaja
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby mcdonaja » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 am

Yep...I know "basic" first aid and that sure as shit doesn't qualify me as a Paramedic.
"Cops solve problems. Don't be a problem and you won't get solved."
Freedom Friday - Jan 06 2012 - 32 years 1 month

SierraSeven
King Poobah

Postby SierraSeven » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:00 am

newman wrote:
Mongo wrote:Sorry folks, I meant to yank on the chain and I must have pulled too hard. I was going to let it ride a little longer for comedy sake but I'll rein it in now.

Sierra's too busy thinking of punchlines to put someone down (and make himself look better) than to notice blatant sarcasm.

Yeah, you're right. Because my sole purpose for joining this forum is to trample people and make myself look better. How silly of me :roll:

I was really hoping this guy had left for good.

Rookie Member

Postby 0010010 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if I can get some insight on G4s and Garda armored. I have recently been offered armored guard position with both companies. Which one would you go with and why?

Also, they said that since it’s a part time position, I cannot work anywhere else 9security only). How strict are they with this?