Armed Security Question (Armored Car)

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Re: Armed Security Question (Armored Car)

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:13 pm

0010010 wrote:Well this kinda sucks. G4S say that if you want a casual position with them, you must resign any other security company you might be employed with. Can someone who is already doing casual with G4s give an input on this matter, please? How many hours on an average does a person usually get in a week? And what are the chances of one getting full time armored afterward? I am assuming there are a lot of people waiting to get full time?

Who are they to tell you that? There is no law that says you have to listen or comply. Just don't talk about it if you are working for someone else!

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Force Recon wrote:
0010010 wrote:Well this kinda sucks. G4S say that if you want a casual position with them, you must resign any other security company you might be employed with. Can someone who is already doing casual with G4s give an input on this matter, please? How many hours on an average does a person usually get in a week? And what are the chances of one getting full time armored afterward? I am assuming there are a lot of people waiting to get full time?

Who are they to tell you that? There is no law that says you have to listen or comply. Just don't talk about it if you are working for someone else!

I was working for G4S right around the time all of the updated PISGA talk started. They tried to get me to sign a form that said I would only work for them. I had another job a few weeks later :thumbsup:
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

Shea
Rookie Member

Postby Shea » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Force Recon wrote:

I worked for a in-house hospital security and G4S armored at the same time. Tell them if they will give you more then 3, 5 hour shifts a week then you will consider quitting your other job. It hard to pay rent, school, food, bills on 15 hours a week part time. I told them too bad and other then trying to screw me out of hours to get me to quit they couldn't dismiss me over it. I stayed in employee for about a year only working like 3 shifts a month just to piss them off while i got full time at my other job.

mcdonaja
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby mcdonaja » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:41 pm

OK...someone enlighten me on this PLLLLEASE.

So I pull into Timmy's this AM to grab my usual. Out of the corner of my eye my attention is somewhat taken by a guy dressed in dark blues, wearing tac pants, tac everything, carry a knapsack. I see a shoulder flash so I didn't pay too much attention and presumed it was one of the City Tac guys heading in for a coffee. So I wander in shortly after take a look around and didn't see him.

I then see the guy coming out of the back room and head out the door...it was an armed G4S delivery boy...WTF!!?? All kitted out in a Tac uniform with Tac boots. you know, pants tucked into the boots etc etc etc.

So is this a "normal" uniform for the delivery boys now?? Absolutely could have passed for a copper 100%...I though there were some rules out there about security guards and the like trying to dress up and play copper?
"Cops solve problems. Don't be a problem and you won't get solved."
Freedom Friday - Jan 06 2012 - 32 years 1 month

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 pm

mcdonaja wrote:I then see the guy coming out of the back room and head out the door...it was an armed G4S delivery boy...WTF!!?? All kitted out in a Tac uniform with Tac boots. you know, pants tucked into the boots etc etc etc.

There is a guy that does transfers, who tucks his pants into his boots, he too is a SWAT security guard. :roll:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 pm

gotchya wrote:
mcdonaja wrote:I then see the guy coming out of the back room and head out the door...it was an armed G4S delivery boy...WTF!!?? All kitted out in a Tac uniform with Tac boots. you know, pants tucked into the boots etc etc etc.

There is a guy that does transfers, who tucks his pants into his boots, he too is a SWAT security guard. :roll:

I have never understood the whole tacti-tarded© (A.T.R copyrighted :lol: ) look adopted by some security guards. I once saw a Garda guy in am HMV wearing a modular vest (with all kinds of MOLLE pouches and junk), a duty belt with more crap than I have ever seen (including an empty holster) and an ear piece plugged into........(drum roll please)........NOTHING. The jack was sticking out of the bottom of his vest. Pants tucked into his boots, batting gloves and a baseball cap with Garda on the front and some sort of unit id on the back. I honestly want to know what A) this guys was thinking he was and B) what the hell he was expecting to run into in an HMV. I mean I know the some of the terrorist groups have outlawed music and media and such but that is out of control!! :crazy:

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:08 pm

TwE@k wrote:
gotchya wrote:

I have never understood the whole tacti-tarded© (A.T.R copyrighted :lol: ) look adopted by some security guards. I once saw a Garda guy in am HMV wearing a modular vest (with all kinds of MOLLE pouches and junk), a duty belt with more crap than I have ever seen (including an empty holster) and an ear piece plugged into........(drum roll please)........NOTHING. The jack was sticking out of the bottom of his vest. Pants tucked into his boots, batting gloves and a baseball cap with Garda on the front and some sort of unit id on the back. I honestly want to know what A) this guys was thinking he was and B) what the hell he was expecting to run into in an HMV. I mean I know the some of the terrorist groups have outlawed music and media and such but that is out of control!! :crazy:

Answer, these people are mentally ill.

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:13 pm

That is one (very logical) answer for it :lol:

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 pm

gotchya wrote:There is a guy that does transfers, who tucks his pants into his boots, he too is a SWAT security guard. :roll:

Roll your eyes all you want there is a pistol on his hip and only a baton on ours...go figure.... :crazy:

Dirty Harry
Rookie Member

Postby Dirty Harry » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:06 pm

mcdonaja wrote:OK...someone enlighten me on this PLLLLEASE.

So I pull into Timmy's this AM to grab my usual. Out of the corner of my eye my attention is somewhat taken by a guy dressed in dark blues, wearing tac pants, tac everything, carry a knapsack. I see a shoulder flash so I didn't pay too much attention and presumed it was one of the City Tac guys heading in for a coffee. So I wander in shortly after take a look around and didn't see him.

I then see the guy coming out of the back room and head out the door...it was an armed G4S delivery boy...WTF!!?? All kitted out in a Tac uniform with Tac boots. you know, pants tucked into the boots etc etc etc.

So is this a "normal" uniform for the delivery boys now?? Absolutely could have passed for a copper 100%...I though there were some rules out there about security guards and the like trying to dress up and play copper?

Pretty sure your in my city...is it the tall guy, who thinks he always has too duck under the top of the doorway? Yeah he's tall, but dude isn't exactly 7 ft., I laugh every time I see him.

DH
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:07 pm

mcdonaja wrote:So is this a "normal" uniform for the delivery boys now?? Absolutely could have passed for a copper 100%...I though there were some rules out there about security guards and the like trying to dress up and play copper?

He is a law enforcement professional like you, so what's the problem? We are all on the same team and should all look alike.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Mongo wrote:
mcdonaja wrote:So is this a "normal" uniform for the delivery boys now?? Absolutely could have passed for a copper 100%...I though there were some rules out there about security guards and the like trying to dress up and play copper?

He is a law enforcement professional like you, so what's the problem? We are all on the same team and should all look alike.

Actually I'd prefer NOT to look like a cop, because for one thing I'm not ARMED like a cop, nor do I have the STREET TACTICAL TRAINING of a cop to be able to handle the IDIOT who SHOOTS at me because I look like a cop.

I'm all for looking professional as a Law Enforcement Officer, but we each have our own roles to play, and of necessity, that demands our own identity.

Getting back on thread, I saw a G4S armored car guard walking through our local mall carrying a small change wallet, armed with what appeared to be a 9mm pistol in a Safariland holster..... up until now I've only seen them with the .38 peashooters.
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Bald Man
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Bald Man » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Mongo wrote:

He is a law enforcement professional
like you, so what's the problem? We are all on the same team and should all look alike.

Wrong, armored car guards and security guards have nothing to do with law enforcement and are not recognized as LEO's or peace officers under any provincial or federal legislation. I worked for Loomis years ago and armored car guards armed courier services just like UPS, FedX, nothing more, nothing less. They just happen to carry guns because the insurance companies who insure their employees and cargo make it a requirement.

There is a distinction between armored car guards and security guards, they are not one in the same. Armored car guards are not subject to the security guard legislation, only regulations, trainining, duties, restrictions when and where firearms may be carried etc.. as set out by the Chief provincial firearms officer who issues their ATC's.

Mongo
Veteran Member

Postby Mongo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Bald Man wrote:
Mongo wrote:

He is a law enforcement professional
like you, so what's the problem? We are all on the same team and should all look alike.

Wrong, armored car guards and security guards have nothing to do with law enforcement and are not recognized as LEO's or peace officers.

Oh really?

Well I am pretty sure they have CC arrest powers, which makes them almost just like cops.
Did YOU build the Estadio Olimpico?