RCMP commissioner uses his BlackBerry at Mountie memorial

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

RCMP commissioner uses his BlackBerry at Mountie memorial

Postby Safety Guy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:23 pm

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/news/clip333636#clip333636

Holy crap!!! Kudo to the Mounties near him that resisted the temtation to kick this guy in the nuts! I'm not a Mounie and I can't beleive just how disrespectfull this was considering who he is, what he does and where he's standing!!!
Please remember that the man makes the uniform and not the other way around.
Safety Guy
Sage Member

Re: RCMP commissioner uses his BlackBerry at Mountie memorial

Postby Punisher-One » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah that's not a cool move.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby three-six » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Real class act he's turning out to be.
--
three-six
Sage Member

Postby fenceline » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 am

Maybe if he had earned his position, he'd understand. :rage:
Patch Trader? Go to My Patch Page

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
fenceline
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby gotchya » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:05 am

I wonder what was going through the mind of the OPP Officer carrying the stetson, perhaps "Is this guy f'kin for real?"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage
gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Postby To a T » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:18 am

Although extremely bad form, to play the devil's advocate, perhaps due to his position as Commissioner, there was something that needed his urgent attention? All that aside, hopefully he has learned a valuable PR lesson from this and won't repeat it again. On another note, its sounding like his days as Commissioner are numbered. It would be nice to see someone in his position that is a police officer once again.
To a T
King Poobah

Postby gotchya » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 am

To a T wrote:Although extremely bad form, to play the devil's advocate, perhaps due to his position as Commissioner, there was something that needed his urgent attention? All that aside, hopefully he has learned a valuable PR lesson from this and won't repeat it again. On another note, its sounding like his days as Commissioner are numbered. It would be nice to see someone in his position that is a police officer once again.

Like...
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage
gotchya
Poobah Overlord

Postby To a T » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:27 am

gotchya wrote:
To a T wrote:Although extremely bad form, to play the devil's advocate, perhaps due to his position as Commissioner, there was something that needed his urgent attention? All that aside, hopefully he has learned a valuable PR lesson from this and won't repeat it again. On another note, its sounding like his days as Commissioner are numbered. It would be nice to see someone in his position that is a police officer once again.

Like...

Fantino! I'm a big fan! However, considering his age, it would be unlikely. :((
To a T
King Poobah

Postby argyll » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:32 am

Nope, no excuse. When I was the EA to a CF Base Commander I would be in the background and carry his cell/phone/pager and would take an emergency call if one came in. I would then gauge whether my boss needed to be disturbed with a quiet whisper in his ear. This is a bone-headed move and very disrespectful. He should go.....and soon.
The test of a gentlemen is how he treats someone who can be of no possible use to him.
argyll

Postby To a T » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:43 am

argyll wrote:

Nope, no excuse. When I was the EA to a CF Base Commander I would be in the background and carry his cell/phone/pager and would take an emergency call if one came in. I would then gauge whether my boss needed to be disturbed with a quiet whisper in his ear. This is a bone-headed move and very disrespectful. He should go.....and soon.

Good point Aryll! Irregardless, he should apologize to his service and the family for this move!
To a T
King Poobah

Postby Fingell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:27 am

To a T wrote:
Good point Aryll! Irregardless, he should apologize to his service and the family for this move!

Won't happen, he's not very respectful from what I can see.
Thank-you Lululemon, thank-you.....
Fingell
Sage Member

Postby Bald Man » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:32 am

It's speculated that our chief, Chief Vern White, will be a top contender.
Bald Man
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby To a T » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:06 am

Bald Man wrote:It's speculated that our chief, Chief Vern White, will be a top contender.

White seems to have been keeping a fairly low profile since becoming Chief of OPS..Does he have a lot of support from the service?
To a T
King Poobah

Postby To a T » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:09 am

Fingell wrote:
To a T wrote:

Won't happen, he's not very respectful from what I can see.

The fact that his temper has made headlines as of late speaks volumes. I'd be very surprised if the government has any long term plans with him at the helm.
To a T
King Poobah

Postby Buck911 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:14 pm

I didn't see anything wrong with that.
Your life IS my business
Buck911
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to The Rant