OMG CBSA on the street.

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
OnTalyn
Seasoned Member

OMG CBSA on the street.

Postby OnTalyn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

WOW slow news day, what ever could the CBSA be up to, it must be nefarious....

BC Civil Liberties Calls on Canadian Border Services to Explain their "Inland" Patrols
by BCCLA
The BCCLA is calling on the Canadian Border Services Agency to explain the presence of "inland" patrols in downtown Vancouver which are increasingly being noted by the BCCLA Legal Observers.

"We are seeing an edgier tone to the policing of the demonstrations with increased incidents of our Legal Observers being pointedly photographed and addressed by name by police officers who are apparently interested in letting our volunteer citizen observers know that the police have gone to some effort to identify them."

Legal Observers attended at yesterday's major demonstrations which proceeded peacefully: an anti-war demonstration that took place at the Vancouver Art Gallery Monday evening and an anti-houseless demonstration took place at noon.

The housing demonstration culminated in a "tent village" that is situated in a vacant lot in the 100 block of West Hastings Street. While all went well at these events, the Legal Observers are noting policing changes.

Micheal Vonn, Policy Director, BCCLA: "We are sensing a shift in the policing culture of the public demonstrations, in particular we are noting the presence of Canadian Border Services Agents patrolling public space. We are unclear on their authority and mandate and ask the CBSA to clarify for the public what they are doing patrolling our downtown streets."

Jim Street
King Poobah

Re: OMG CBSA on the street.

Postby Jim Street » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 pm

"We are seeing an edgier tone to the policing of the demonstrations with increased incidents of our Legal Observers being pointedly photographed and addressed by name by police officers who are apparently interested in letting our volunteer citizen observers know that the police have gone to some effort to identify them.

That is some run-on sentence.

I don't know how anyone in BC can stand for this retarded donkey organization.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

scott90
Rookie Member

Postby scott90 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Jim Street wrote:
"We are seeing an edgier tone to the policing of the demonstrations with increased incidents of our Legal Observers being pointedly photographed and addressed by name by police officers who are apparently interested in letting our volunteer citizen observers know that the police have gone to some effort to identify them.

That is some run-on sentence.

I don't know how anyone in BC can stand for this retarded donkey organization.

God, you're telling me, I used to live there

Maybe they should just do a bit of research
responsible for the detection, investigation, arrest and removal of persons in Canada determined to be in contravention of immigration legislation; disposition of files/cases and information and services to clients, partners and stakeholders for the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

Key Activities:
- Manages and coordinates actions and activities and conducts analysis and decision making for an evolving group of enforcement related files/cases or services
- Formulates approaches and conducts detailed research, fact-finding, interviewing and investigation, control and enforcement actions and services
- Compiles and conducts critical analysis of situational information and data, and of trends and developments and determines and takes required actions and decisions relative to the disposition of files/cases, and to addressing issues, problems, emerging trends, requirements and situations
- Provides advice, leadership, guidance, support and counselling to associates, clients, partners and stakeholders
- Develops or provides input and feedback on policies, programs, guidelines, directives and operational processes
- Establishes, develops and maintains collaborative relations and interaction with clients, partners and stakeholders

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Why would any Law Enforcement organization need to explain anything to a group of shit-disturbing hippies.
Federally appointed Peace Officers in the execution of their duties.
Why don't you go ask an office worker why they are doing office work?

scott90
Rookie Member

Postby scott90 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:06 pm

OnTalyn wrote:Micheal Vonn, Policy Director, BCCLA: "We are sensing a shift in the policing culture of the public demonstrations, in particular we are noting the presence of Canadian Border Services Agents patrolling public space. We are unclear on their authority and mandate and ask the CBSA to clarify for the public what they are doing patrolling our downtown streets."

What did they think the CBSA is doing? Inland Enforcement, hence the name...
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Sly
Rookie Member

Postby Sly » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:19 am

OnTalyn wrote:Micheal Vonn, Policy Director, BCCLA: "We are sensing a shift in the policing culture of the public demonstrations, in particular we are noting the presence of Canadian Border Services Agents patrolling public space. We are unclear on their authority and mandate and ask the CBSA to clarify for the public what they are doing patrolling our downtown streets."

I don't know why, I mean its not like the increased police presence would have anything to do with Saturdays violent protest.

tpspastin#9
Rookie Member

Postby tpspastin#9 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 am

I've given thought to going to BC to protest protesting but then I would end up beside the guy who was protesting people who are against protesting. Shouldnt someone tell these people that the money they have wasted or could have earned by working could have been give to a charitable organization. I get the fact that they believe the money spent should be destributed to poorer nations etc etc but some of those piss poor nations still send people to the olympics and it gives them something to stand behind and be proud of...providing they can find a TV.

bigbadjoe108
Sage Member

Postby bigbadjoe108 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 am

Well if there was a Starbucks close by I am sure that could be the explanation as well....

OMG Federal employees drink COFFEE??? What miscreants!
VVV

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 am

Hoodwinkle wrote:...maybe they finallly started "Project 35" - Snatch and Grab Policy...oppps said too much...exnay project 35nay.
Nah, I heard they were going to do a Number 6 instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UM9GjnTFIM
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

Federal CO

Postby Federal CO » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:16 am

I am saddend to announce to you all that BC is very very liberal for any of you that don't know "obvious sarcasm". *proceeds to hang head in shame*

If it wasn't for the weather and family obligations I would hightail it to Calgary Alberta where the conservatives hide.
Very good. But brick not hit back!

OnTalyn
Seasoned Member

Postby OnTalyn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

You should go to Flikr and search CBSA.

The BCCLA has posted lots of pics of CBSA: CBSA IN DTES, CBSA in Pigeon Park, CBSA in tent city yada yada....

Guess their lawyers never looked up what CBSA does before they started questioning CBSA's authorities...

ArmedSteno
Rookie Member

Postby ArmedSteno » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:43 pm

I would fully encourage the BCCLA open a full scale investigation regarding the actions of the CBSA....that would mean less time following me around:D
CAN'T PEOPLE FORM A COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU FOR BEING UNPROFESSIONAL?
-BarneyEvans

BIRD BIRD BIRD. BIRDS THE WORD!!!
-Peter GRIFFIN

Policing is a lot like pissing into a dark black pair of pants. You get that nice warm feeling but almost noone notices.