iPhone/iPod applications

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

iPhone/iPod applications

Postby Punisher-One » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:18 am

So I got a new iPod touch for my birthday and in searching for some applications I came across various US federal statutes (ie - California penal code) and I thought that it would be cool/helpful if there were a CCC, CDSA, Customs Act, HTA ect application available.
My brother has a friend who can design apps.
Any thoughts? Would having the ability to access that info through your phone/iPod be worthwhile?

Sk82
Veteran Member

Re: iPhone/iPod applications

Postby Sk82 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:43 pm

I think this would be a great idea. Right now I am issued a paper handbook annually but the problem with them is they are usually outdated by the time you receive them. If there could be a way to do updates as the CCC or HTA changes.
Police Constable

echo1
Grand Poobah

Postby echo1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:36 am

Definitely useful but if you do end up having this app made it would be nice if it contained all the laws whatever discussed within one application instead of having a CCC app and a CA act etc

And as useful as it is, on paper, there is a prohibition on personal electronic devices...

But I'd DL it

Sumo_CPO
Seasoned Member

Postby Sumo_CPO » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:23 am

I have both an iPod Touch and an iPhone, and I'd have to say that an app such as this would be great, as long as it doesn't require an active internet connection to function. Not really a problem with the phone, but if your Touch is out of range of a friendly wifi network, some of the apps won't work on it.

Just my opinion. Also, get the Hooters Girls Calendar slider game from the Apple store. You can thank me later. :mrgreen:
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Mark S
Poobah Overlord

Postby Mark S » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Do these devices have the ability to view web pages? If so, problem solved without having to resort to having an app made.
Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?

ArmedSteno
Rookie Member

Postby ArmedSteno » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm not gonna lie.....I love the idea.

It would save me a helluva a lot of time roadside and quite frankly it just makes sense.

If this app becomes available for the Blackberry I want a PM with the link immediately lol.
CAN'T PEOPLE FORM A COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU FOR BEING UNPROFESSIONAL?
-BarneyEvans

BIRD BIRD BIRD. BIRDS THE WORD!!!
-Peter GRIFFIN

Policing is a lot like pissing into a dark black pair of pants. You get that nice warm feeling but almost noone notices.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 am

I'll see if this guy is willing to do the work and make it available for free.
I am terrible with computers so I don't know how an "updating" feature would work but I'll ask.