Mississauga Transit Enforcement

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
transitspecial
Rookie Member

Re: Mississauga Transit Enforcement

Postby transitspecial » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 pm

I would actually like to see the province come up with one provincial act (like a TPA) just for Transit the would confer a peace officer status for Transit Officers. We have seen here in TO how much the cops love the mundane transit stuff (not) and allow Transit Agencies to put Officers where they want opposed to being at the mercy of Police Brass who do not have the same approach to providing public safety on mass transit.

No knock against coppers but they don't approach the job the same and the transit agencies will just end up hiring double the security staff. The end result, police tied up releasing all the arrests by transit agency officers. Seems kind of less efficient and unnecessarily expensive to switch budget to a police service then leave the Transit Agency to still provide by-law and security officers.

The Transit Special Constable route was working just fine, all they had to do was a to solidify Special Constable training and appointments across the board in the PSA or a new act instead of trying to reinventing the wheel.

Whistler
Veteran Member

Postby Whistler » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:54 pm

TwE@k wrote:
Dave Jenkins wrote:
RemingtonSteel wrote: If I'm not mistaken that was edited by that crazy lady

You mean Ursula Keuper-Bennett, journalists, that keeps posing beside the Mississauga Transit Enforcement vehicles with promotional banners and the like for "special constable" status. Don't know what her real motive is but she seems to be quite alone in this. Certainly the drive for status is not a priority in the real circles within Mississauga government.

I don't understand her....she is pro Special Constable for Mississauga but post a sob story video on youtube about ttc specials doing their job http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aARN6nhhY

And just for the record, This sh@t head in the video is a GIANT pain in the ass. I have arrested him on multiple occasions and he has been a complete douchebag every time I have dealt with him.

I just watched the video, and while she seems a little loopy from time to time it doesn't really seem like she is knocking the specials or the cops in any way. In fact she gives them props for "assisting" him and giving him a jacket.

The blurb with the video:

"On Thursday, February 5, 2009, The Weather Network reported the following temperatures at Toronto Pearson Airport. Max Temp: -9 °C Min Temp: -22.2 °C Mean Temp: -15.6 °C.
-15°C is brittle-cold. I was about to switch from the north subway train over to the west when I saw two police officers and a young man with no coat. With head down, hands in his pockets and his thin T-shirt torn at the back collar, he'd drawn the attention of at leasst two Toronto Police officers, two TTC Special Constables and two private security guards from the Eaton Centre.
This video has been blurred to protect the privacy of the young man and the Special Constables, Police and Security Guards who assisted him. MISSISSAUGAWATCH tried hard to strike a balance between telling this young's man story and protecting his identity.
Officers brought the young man a coat and gave him the patience he needed to decide to leave quietly with them. With the economy in the downturn it's presently in, this young man's story is likely repeated over and over again inside Toronto's transit terminals. After all, it's warmer there.
We'll leave you with this quote about POVERTY and VIOLENCE from the McMurtry/Curling reports on "The Roots of Youth Violence".
"Poverty does not directly cause violent crime. If it did, then given the extent and depth of the poverty among us, our levels of violence would be truly frightening.""

TwE@k
Seasoned Member

Postby TwE@k » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Whistler wrote:
The blurb with the video:

"On Thursday, February 5, 2009, The Weather Network reported the following temperatures at Toronto Pearson Airport. Max Temp: -9 °C Min Temp: -22.2 °C Mean Temp: -15.6 °C.
-15°C is brittle-cold. I was about to switch from the north subway train over to the west when I saw two police officers and a young man with no coat. With head down, hands in his pockets and his thin T-shirt torn at the back collar, he'd drawn the attention of at leasst two Toronto Police officers, two TTC Special Constables and two private security guards from the Eaton Centre.
This video has been blurred to protect the privacy of the young man and the Special Constables, Police and Security Guards who assisted him. MISSISSAUGAWATCH tried hard to strike a balance between telling this young's man story and protecting his identity.
Officers brought the young man a coat and gave him the patience he needed to decide to leave quietly with them. With the economy in the downturn it's presently in, this young man's story is likely repeated over and over again inside Toronto's transit terminals. After all, it's warmer there.
We'll leave you with this quote about POVERTY and VIOLENCE from the McMurtry/Curling reports on "The Roots of Youth Violence".
"Poverty does not directly cause violent crime. If it did, then given the extent and depth of the poverty among us, our levels of violence would be truly frightening.""

This is a load of crap!! This "young man" just happens to wear a table cloth with arm and head holes like a pnocho. Not because he is poor but because he is out of his skull from smoking rocks all day. Which coincidentally is where the poverty comes from, it has nothing to do with the economin downturn or whatever this nut job thinks is the root of this guys problems. Don't get me worng I think it is very sad that people get to the point where there is just no coming back and they are hooked. I hate the fact that drugs turn people who could be anything or do anything with their lives into zombies. All that said some poeple are just plain jerks about it, you can give them all the chances and opportunities in the world and they will still blow crack smoke in your face and sh@t all over your property just for the sake of it. This guy took a swing at a female co-worker of mine because she decided to ask him if he was ok and had somewhere else he could go. Ursula Keuper-Bennett is exactly the reason I can't respect the vast majority of media outlets. She will see something she feels is wrong and then will go to untold lengths to justify her initial perception without any facts to back it up.........UGH, rant over :cuss:
WADDAYA MEAN I CAN'T TAKE OFF MY SWEADDER??? I'M HAWT!!!! - Drunken Mr.Rogers

Slim
Rookie Member

Postby Slim » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
This is a load of crap!! This "young man" just happens to wear a table cloth with arm and head holes like a pnocho. Not because he is poor but because he is out of his skull from smoking rocks all day. Which coincidentally is where the poverty comes from, it has nothing to do with the economin downturn or whatever this nut job thinks is the root of this guys problems.

heck...if you told the truth there wouldn't be a story in it! :banghead:
"I am a meat popcicle"

Jsingh
Rookie Member

Postby Jsingh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Hallo everyone,

My question is to those who went for test - I am going for transit enforcement officer test next week and really curious on what to stuy for or what to expect the most?

Thanks.

Punisher-One
Poobah Overlord

Postby Punisher-One » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Jsingh wrote:Hallo everyone,

My question is to those who went for test - I am going for transit enforcement officer test next week and really curious on what to stuy for or what to expect the most?

Thanks.

Longarm9
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Longarm9 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:25 am

48highlander wrote:
Apollo wrote:Are these guys provincial offenses officers?

Are they looking into special constable status?

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/reside ... 103000571n

Based on their little blurb, yes I would assume they have MLEO/POO status. They are not Specials though, don't think they have enough staff, incidents to warrant it (yet.)

POO status doesn't seem like a status I would want to have...

"Hey, you betta recognize, because I have POO STATUS!"

No....no I don't think so.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." -John Stuart Mill