pedophile blogger arrested near child care facilty

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

pedophile blogger arrested near child care facilty

Postby SPC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:57 pm

I don't know if you heard about this guy, it was all over the US news. Basically he was a self described pedophile, who had a website telling other pedophiles where they could find the best little girls, or "LG" as he called them. Rightfully so, parents were in an uproar, but because this guy had no criminal record, and wasn't doing anything to the kids, the police were powerless.

Funny because although he was taking little girls pictures, when the police started taking his, and posting warnings, he threatened to sue! Some moms took him to court, and a judge put a restraining order against him prohibiting him from being within 30 feet of any minor in the state of california...looks like he breached. This guy is a ticking timebomb IMHO. Good on the vigilant campus police for arresting him!

LOS ANGELES - A man who blogs about his attraction to young girls but says he doesn’t touch them was arrested Monday near a university child care facility with a camera, police said.

Jack McClellan, 45, who is unemployed and lives out of his car, was arrested at 1:40 p.m. at the University of California, Los Angeles, campus police said in a statement. He was arrested near the university’s Infant Development Program, which provides onsite care for children 3 months to 3 years old and serves faculty, students and staff, according to the university’s Web site.

McClellan violated a restraining order requiring him not to loiter or congregate within 30 feet of minors, police alleged. He was released and scheduled to appear in court Sept. 13.

Phone and e-mail messages seeking comment from McClellan were not immediately returned.

McClellan created waves in Southern California upon arriving earlier this summer from Washington state, where he had lived with his parents.

For years, McClellan maintained a Web site in Washington where he posted photos of children he had taken in public places. He also discussed how he liked to stake out parks, public libraries, fast-food restaurants and other areas where little girls, or “LGs,” congregate.

McClellan’s server took his Web site down over a month ago. He said in an interview a few weeks ago that he wasn’t sure whether he would try to put it back up.

McClellan, who said he lives on supplemental security income and suffers from depression, has maintained that he launched the site as a form of therapy and wouldn’t do anything illegal.

"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."

Z#
Rookie Member

Re: pedophile blogger arrested near child care facilty

Postby Z# » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:10 pm

I heard about this a bit before. Ticking time bomb is an understatement. He wasn't afraid to violate a no contact order to fulfill his perversion. If he hasn't convinced people of his obvious threat to young girls already, he sure has now.
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby SPC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:12 pm

I just heard he breached and was arrested twice in the same day.
"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."

TheNewfie
Rookie Member

Postby TheNewfie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:00 pm

What a fuckin dirt bag

And exuse my language.

No 20 Year Medal
King Poobah

Postby No 20 Year Medal » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Two words.

Chemical Castration.
POLICE CONSTABLE

My patch traders page: http://public.fotki.com/No20YearMedal/

dusty
Grand Poobah

Postby dusty » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:37 pm

Disgusting.
I personally did it for the money and the glory... my disappointment was tempered by the fact that I got a gun and a fast car-VanB

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:53 pm

No 20 Year Medal wrote:Two words.

Chemical Castration.

Doesn't work, and not harsh enough.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:03 pm

48highlander wrote:

Chemical Castration.

How about physical castration with dirty equipment and no anastetics?
Sed libera nos a malo.

48highlander
Rookie Member

Postby 48highlander » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:07 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:
48highlander wrote:

Chemical Castration.

How about physical castration with dirty equipment and no anastetics?

That will do, preferablly though, the twisted minds behind the SAW movies need to figure out the best way of accomplishing that.

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:08 am

He's gonna get punched out in the can.

fox
Rookie Member

Postby fox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 am

He was interviewed over the phone on am640 in Toronto a couple times last week, it was a very interesting show.

fox
Rookie Member

Postby fox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am

Although disgusting...and I see your point, technically he hasnt broken any laws.
I believe it was John Oakley who interviewd him the second time, just to try and get inside the guys head so the rest of us can understand how these people think.

wannabeRCMP
Rookie Member

Postby wannabeRCMP » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 am

Chemical Castration.

One word..........CLEAVER
It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby SPC » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:52 am

fox wrote:Although disgusting...and I see your point, technically he hasnt broken any laws.
I believe it was John Oakley who interviewd him the second time, just to try and get inside the guys head so the rest of us can understand how these people think.

Actually, he's broken two laws. A judge saw fit to curtail his liberties and place a restraining order preventing him from being within 30 feet of a minor...he chose to ignore that. Second, he was told not to come back (I think it was the university) and he chose to ignore that and was arrested for trespassing.

But I know what you mean ;) he hasn't broken and sex laws....yet. I don't know about you other dads, but if this chump is taking pictures of my daughter to put on the net, his cameras getting smashed!