Border Service Officer charged

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
portcullisguy
Grand Poobah

Re: Border Service Officer charged

Postby portcullisguy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 pm

I agree, if he did it, then fire him, let him rot, throw him in jail, etc., etc.

But I've been around long enough to know that one must hear the full story before jumping to conclusions. As with the CBSA intel person booted for an alleged misconduct, this individual is also entitled to a day in court.

A friend of mine went through something similar. He had participated in a consensual relationship with a married co-worker, who later regretted the instance, especially afer he refused to continue it. She found another female employee who she managed to find out had also maintained an online "chat room" relationship with this same friend of mine, and it had progressed to an intimate but no-contact encounter. The two decided he was probably playing the both of them, and went to the cops, who had them swear out statements and went and arrested/chaarged him with sexual assault x 2.

He was acquitted at trial, although many of his friends were lost in the meanwhile because they believed the first version of the story heard.

When the judge found out it all stemmed from an earlier relationship, and weighed the credibility and motivations of the complainants, he tossed it out with a loud and resounding dressing down for the alleged "victims".

Every case is different, but that's why we have trials ... we'll wait and see.
portcullisguy
"You work your side of the street, I'll work mine."

Seigi
Rookie Member

Postby Seigi » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:09 am

portcullisguy wrote:But I've been around long enough to know that one must hear the full story before jumping to conclusions. As with the CBSA intel person booted for an alleged misconduct, this individual is also entitled to a day in court.

:aye: Very well put. I always try to keep an open mind. This is even more true now that I've been on the Auxilliary and have had the chance to witness first hand how the media and some bad apples in a community can run public trials in the news that have little to no grounds in reality. I don't plan on writing this guy off until we get all of the facts.
In keeping people straight, principle is not as powerful as a policeman. ~Abel Hermant, Le Bourgeois, 1906

Guardian @ 49th Parallel
Rookie Member

Postby Guardian @ 49th Parallel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Does not matter what outfit it is, all organizations have individuals who break the law and throw the rules out the window. Working as an officer at CBSA you see just how many sick, sick people have sexual or violent perversions. These people are in every kind of job in our society. CBSA will not tolerate any actions such as what this officer is accused of, if true he will be prosecuted and fired. In a time when the media takes every opportunity to bash any law enforcement, CBSA's reputation will take a kicking for sure.

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:57 pm

It's unfortunate because the next time I'm dealing with a CBSA agent I'll be thinking he's probably some kind of pervo sex offender.

I'll have to bring some extra ViCLAS booklets on the road with me in case I stop a border guard.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

VoteQuimby

Postby VoteQuimby » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:33 pm

Gard wrote:It's unfortunate because the next time I'm dealing with a CBSA agent I'll be thinking he's probably some kind of pervo sex offender.

I'll have to bring some extra ViCLAS booklets on the road with me in case I stop a border guard.

I bring a box of donuts whenever I'm in RC territory. You wouldn't believe how often that works.
Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:22 pm

VoteQuimby wrote:
Gard wrote:It's unfortunate because the next time I'm dealing with a CBSA agent I'll be thinking he's probably some kind of pervo sex offender.

I bring a box of donuts whenever I'm in RC territory. You wouldn't believe how often that works.

I find that a couple of XL double doubles works wonders too in those situations. :P
Sed libera nos a malo.

INTERCEPTOR
Rookie Member

Postby INTERCEPTOR » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:37 am

Is this guy a Blueliner?
Lions all the way!

SPC
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby SPC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:45 am

OntarioFiveOh wrote:Did you not learn the first time that your post was deleted that it was probably inappropriate? Maybe the reason that it was deleted! Jeez you never learn :?

:ponder:
"When we act on behalf of others, we have no moral authority to forgive on their behalf, to allow evil for the sake of tolerance, or to turn the cheek of anyone but ourselves."

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:49 am

:aye:
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

INTERCEPTOR
Rookie Member

Postby INTERCEPTOR » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:26 pm

I thought that if it was ok to post the above then what's the big deal if we find out if he was a Blueliner? At least I didn't refer to the guy as a pervo sex offender.

So either the mods on here treat everyone the same or get different mods.
Lions all the way!

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 pm

INTERCEPTOR wrote:

I thought that if it was ok to post the above then what's the big deal if we find out if he was a Blueliner? At least I didn't refer to the guy as a pervo sex offender.

There is a difference between making a sarcastic joke(as Gard did) and trying to "out" a user of this site. Keep in mind that the BSO involved is only charged with the offence. They haven't been found guilty of anything yet. Therefore they deserve to come here like everyone else without fear of undo harassment.
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

Gard
King Poobah

Postby Gard » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:08 pm

INTERCEPTOR wrote:I thought that if it was ok to post the above then what's the big deal if we find out if he was a Blueliner? At least I didn't refer to the guy as a pervo sex offender.

If you had access to the LEO forum you'd know what I posted was a joke and why. But you don't.
He who allows oppression, shares the crime.
26 + 6 = 1

INTERCEPTOR
Rookie Member

Postby INTERCEPTOR » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:01 pm

Since I got a PM telling me to change my sig line regarding CC9769. And when I asked why his still had the sig line about EPS mechanics I was told that Since it was a quote (it isn't but it was framed in quotes) the admins had to deal with it. So now I have to believe everything here must be true. :roll:

As far as Gard's statements go I've never seen a positive one.
Lions all the way!