Border Service Officer charged

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Rookie Member

Border Service Officer charged

Postby #10418 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 pm

Thursday, August 09 - 12:57:13 PM

Reshmi Nair
SURREY (NEWS1130) - A border guard has been charged with sexually assaulting an 18 year old woman and Surrey RCMP want to know if there are more victims. Sergeant Jean Hamm says they have been looking into the teen's claim that she was inappropriately strip searched in a public washroom near the Peace Arch border crossing last May by a Canada Border Services Officer. "We're still investigating, and haven't ruled out that there may have been more victims who have yet to come forward."

The case against 30 year old Daniel Greenhalgh will be brought up in court on Wednesday.

Coke6pk

Re: Border Service Officer charged

Postby Coke6pk » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 pm

Gawd! Some people are STUPID!

Coke

TheNewfie
Rookie Member

Postby TheNewfie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:40 pm

WTF?! :shame:

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:47 pm

TheNewfie wrote:WTF?! :shame:

WTF is right!!! Since when do we strip search people in public washrooms???? :cuss: :shame:

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 am

:nono:
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:13 am

If guilty this a-hole doesn't deserve to wear the uniform. I would do anything to become part of the CBSA(including recently quiting a well paying job to work towards that goal). People like this dishonor everyone in LE.
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:19 am

Makes you wonder how these people slip through the cracks. I mean, obviously the screening process isn't perfect, but you'd think they would pick up on...these kind of people. Then again, maybe he wasn't such a disgrace when he was hired. In any case, this in an an embarrassment to the CBSA, and I hope justice is served whatever the verdict.
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 am

OPPAux wrote:
Z# wrote:Makes you wonder how these people slip through the cracks. I mean, obviously the screening process isn't perfect, but you'd think they would pick up on...these kind of people. Then again, maybe he wasn't such a disgrace when he was hired. In any case, this in an an embarrassment to the CBSA, and I hope justice is served whatever the verdict.

I don't think it's an embarrassment to the CBSA as much as to Daniel Greenhalghhe. It wasn't some systemic problem with the CBSA just some numptee who made a bad decision.

Not only that... but let's not forget we don't even know if what is written is true. I remember a couple of years ago we had an officer arrested for "forcibly confinement and rape of a female" turns out it was the guys ex-girlfriend and she made the story up for whatever reason. In the end she got charged.

For the momment this story seems very fishy to me.

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:38 am

-Oscar Wilde

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:46 am

OPPAux wrote:
Z# wrote:Makes you wonder how these people slip through the cracks. I mean, obviously the screening process isn't perfect, but you'd think they would pick up on...these kind of people. Then again, maybe he wasn't such a disgrace when he was hired. In any case, this in an an embarrassment to the CBSA, and I hope justice is served whatever the verdict.

I don't think it's an embarrassment to the CBSA as much as to Daniel Greenhalghhe. It wasn't some systemic problem with the CBSA just some numptee who made a bad decision.

After a story like that though, the CBSA's image gets tarnished. Imagine you're an 18 year old female traversing the border after reading that story. I agree it's an embarrassment to Daniel Greenhalghhe, but the CBSA has to take some kind of a hit.
-Oscar Wilde

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:53 pm

Yeah, it's all about the collateral damage, and the publics perception of an incident that may not be what it seems. I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions myself either. Just an unfortunate sort of scenario all around.
-Oscar Wilde

portcullis
Rookie Member

Postby portcullis » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:14 pm

NinjaNikki wrote:
Not only that... but let's not forget we don't even know if what is written is true. I remember a couple of years ago we had an officer arrested for "forcibly confinement and rape of a female" turns out it was the guys ex-girlfriend and she made the story up for whatever reason. In the end she got charged.

For the momment this story seems very fishy to me.

Nikki, your skepticism is admirable but from speaking to people at the Port, they have a pretty solid case against him.

As for the CBSA looking bad, sure they do, but without the ability to look into the minds of every applicant, this type of person is going to slip in every once and a while--to any organization. Unfortunately when it comes to law enforcement the repercussions and resulting publicity is always going to be greater than if it was joe public doing the samething at his job.

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:11 pm

If it's true then let the retard rot. I was simply playing my favorite role of devil's advocate. :twisted: