Man shot over 25 cent request

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
HwyBear

Man shot over 25 cent request

Postby HwyBear » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:11 am

CINCINNATI -- A woman shot and killed a panhandler who asked her for 25 cents, police say.

"He asked her for a quarter," Police Chief Tom Streicher said. "That's apparently all there was to it."

Donald Francis, who police believe was homeless, stood outside a gas station late Monday asking people for money. Geraldine Beasley had complained about Francis to someone else, and when he approached her she pulled out a gun and shot him, police said.

Francis, 44, died at the scene.

Beasley, 62, was charged with murder and on Wednesday was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail, according to court documents. Her attorney, Mass Ionna, told Municipal Court Judge Fanon Rucker that his client has mental issues.

Beasley's court record dates back 15 years with traffic charges, eviction cases and civil judgments both for and against her. She was fined in 2003 for improperly transporting a loaded gun after officers found one in her van.
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow"

Canadian Blue
King Poobah

Re: Man shot over 25 cent request

Postby Canadian Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:11 pm

I'm sure she was justified, everyone has the right to self defense. :roll:

Seigi
Rookie Member

Postby Seigi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 pm

I bet panhandling in Cincinatti has seen a sharp decline....

:pistols: 88)
In keeping people straight, principle is not as powerful as a policeman. ~Abel Hermant, Le Bourgeois, 1906

TheNewfie
Rookie Member

Postby TheNewfie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:19 am

WOHOOO for the Second Amendment!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Mark S
Poobah Overlord

Postby Mark S » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:20 pm

Yes, thank god for the second amendment in the US. Imagine the outcome had she not been able to defend herself. She might have been out 25 cents!

Clearly, the system works.
Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?

dusty
Grand Poobah

Postby dusty » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:25 am

It's too bad the homeless guy wasn't carrying concealed, because he could have defended himself, thus causing a blazing shootout with potential for countless innocent bystanders to be injured. Damn the US has great gun laws.... :roll:
I personally did it for the money and the glory... my disappointment was tempered by the fact that I got a gun and a fast car-VanB

Canadian Blue
King Poobah

Postby Canadian Blue » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:59 am

Hey now it was a pre-emptive strike, how do you not know that the homeless guy might have been about to rape her with her own pantyhose. We can't disqualify possible incidents which may or may not have happened that were stopped due to this womans use of self defense and easy access to a firearm. Kind of like Iraq.

If only all the homeless had guns this tragedy could very well have been averted. :roll:

dusty
Grand Poobah

Postby dusty » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Hahahahaha
I personally did it for the money and the glory... my disappointment was tempered by the fact that I got a gun and a fast car-VanB

AuxHorseman
Rookie Member

Postby AuxHorseman » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Meh. I'm in favour of CCW, though I'm probably in the minority here. This an extreme case, and you know what they say about the law and extreme cases...

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:40 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Burick on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.M.DIESEL
King Poobah

Postby T.M.DIESEL » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 pm

The Irony is not lost from one extreme to the other, makes you wonder which side is the best. Somewhere in the middle may be the answer.
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -- Unknown

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you have.--Thomas Jefferson

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:55 am

T.M.DIESEL wrote:The Irony is not lost from one extreme to the other, makes you wonder which side is the best. Somewhere in the middle may be the answer.

"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

Canadian Blue
King Poobah

Postby Canadian Blue » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:53 am

Couldn't help but think of this story from the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6637249.stm

Police in the US state of California have arrested a university student suspected of shooting dead a man in a dispute over a video game console.
The incident happened on Monday at an apartment block close to the California State University campus in Fresno.

Police said 19-year-old criminology student Jonquel Brooks got into an argument with four men at his apartment and opened fire with a handgun.

A 19-year-old man was killed and two other men received gunshot wounds.

"The dispute was over a Playstation," said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

"The suspect pulled out a handgun and fired repeatedly towards the direction of these individuals."

Students 'not in danger'

Police evacuated the apartment complex as they searched for the gunman, but the university campus remained opened.

Mr Dyer said that Mr Brooks handed himself in after intense telephone negotiations involving police, his parents and a lawyer.

He said students at the nearby campus had never been in danger because police were in contact with the gunman and knew he was not on the campus.

The two injured men have been released from hospital.

The incident comes only three weeks after a student went on a deadly shooting spree at a university, causing shock across America.

Twenty-three-year-old Cho Seung-hui killed 32 students on the Virginia Tech campus before committing suicide.

Burick
Veteran Member

Postby Burick » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Burick on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.