Caribana 07

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
Z#
Rookie Member

Re: Caribana 07

Postby Z# » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:29 pm

NinjaNikki wrote:
No 20 Year Medal wrote:Yeah, I spent four years on bike patrol and my partner and I had a ton of pictures taken by tourists. What my partner would do was give them his business card and ask them to send a duplicate picture. He ended up with letters from all over the place.

(I know, he kinda needed a life........) :roll:

A pic of No 20 Year Medal's Partner :P

The pic above I can see as inappropriate but I stand by the first image as not being inappropriate.

It's not inappropriate... the poor lady just fell backwards into the officer somewhat provocatively, and someone was there at the exact moment it happened with camera ready to shoot. :ponder:
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:25 pm

The real troublesome part is what possible Google search term you were using when you came across that picture!!!!!

CO

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 pm

"Cst. Johnson whines about drunken asses on street."
"If you're going to tell someone the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
-Oscar Wilde

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:26 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:The real troublesome part is what possible Google search term you were using when you came across that picture!!!!!

CO

Wouldn't you like to know... :twisted:

Actually I found the pic on Facebook...lol

Billygoat
Grand Poobah

Postby Billygoat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Was talking to a friend of mine with TPS today...despite the lack of attention from the media, fact is that the police seized quite a few firearms at Caribana this year and made plenty of arrests...shocking, I know. I can't believe people bring their kids to this thing.
You can't be everyone's friend.

"Compassion went out the window a long time ago. Now I just deliver justice." - Singapore Chief Justice Yong Pung How

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Billygoat wrote:Was talking to a friend of mine with TPS today...despite the lack of attention from the media, fact is that the police seized quite a few firearms at Caribana this year and made plenty of arrests...shocking, I know. I can't believe people bring their kids to this thing.

Did those arrest come before 6pm? The parade starts to look "hoody" once the sun starts to set....

Billygoat
Grand Poobah

Postby Billygoat » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:14 am

It turns to an asshole parade after dark - especially the whole Yonge St. thing, but there are plenty of assholes mingling about during the day as well. I remember taking a knife off of one "gangsta" mutt around 1 p.m., and it required more than a few officers to deal with his entourage.

And of course I'll never forget Caribana '96 when one jack ass got filled with lead right on the parade route, on Lakeshore blvd. That was while the parade was still in procession at 7 or 7:30 p.m. A tourist from England - a middle aged female (I believe she was a nurse) got a bullet in her spine from that shooting and was paralyzed for life. Thing is, throughout the afternoon the police radio chatter was full of info about different guys with guns.
You can't be everyone's friend.

"Compassion went out the window a long time ago. Now I just deliver justice." - Singapore Chief Justice Yong Pung How

Z#
Rookie Member

Postby Z# » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:05 am

That's f***ing sickening. It's supposed to be a colorful, fun, somewhat drunken parade and party with good music and other good things... not assholes packing heat.

Go to the Caribbean. It's better there.
-Oscar Wilde

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

Z# wrote:That's f***ing sickening. It's supposed to be a colorful, fun, somewhat drunken parade and party with good music and other good things... not assholes packing heat.

Go to the Caribbean. It's better there.

That's the thing... I would love to see the stats on the idiots that bring heat to the parade i'm betting that it's 9/10 Jamaicans that have no understanding of the parade the way the caribbean kids do. :cuss:

All you Jamaican's can call me names now... :twisted:

vpd
Rookie Member

Postby vpd » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 pm

NinjaNikki wrote:One of TPS's Finest with the girls! lol!

Ah Crap...Any openings at TPS.
Embrace what little time you have left on Earth.