Caribana 07

General Law Enforcement discussion which does not fit into other channels. Post your thoughts and feelings about anything you want (LE related), or just vent those fumes about whatever is on your chest.
York
Rookie Member

Caribana 07

Postby York » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:25 pm

I was in downtown Toronto throughout the weekend and I thought TPS and the other participating services did a great job. Everywhere you looked there seemed to be a group of officers keeping a watchful eye. As we can see, the result was a relatively peaceful Caribana.

A little bit of: :drinking: :rant:
Followed by a little bit of police: :shame: :swords: :boxer:
But not too much of: :pistols:
Overall: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Re: Caribana 07

Postby Dave Jenkins » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:42 pm

Hiro wrote:I was in downtown Toronto throughout the weekend and I thought TPS and the other participating services did a great job. Everywhere you looked there seemed to be a group of officers keeping a watchful eye. As we can see, the result was a relatively peaceful Caribana.

A little bit of: :drinking: :rant:
Followed by a little bit of police: :shame: :swords: :boxer:
But not too much of: :pistols:
Overall: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You must be confused…the police would never… :swords: :boxer: ......jsut :shame: :shame: :shame: , now move along! :smirk: :angel: :taser:............... :oops:
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:14 am

I must say TPS has some hotties... lol and so willing to take a picture with a half-naked girl in orange feathers like myself. :D :twisted:

Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Postby Dave Jenkins » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:20 am

NinjaNikki wrote:I must say TPS has some hotties... lol and so willing to take a picture with a half-naked girl in orange feathers like myself. :D :twisted:

:shock: Oh dear...... :mrgreen:
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Postby Dave Jenkins » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:33 am

Not quite (all) orange! but...
-Mahatma Gandhi

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:34 am

One of TPS's Finest with the girls! lol!

Dave Jenkins
Grand Poobah

Postby Dave Jenkins » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:50 am

NinjaNikki wrote:One of TPS's Finest with the girls! lol!

:shock: OH, DEAR! :oops: Thank God > :angel:
-Mahatma Gandhi

Billygoat
Grand Poobah

Postby Billygoat » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:31 am

I hated working Caribana back in the day.
You can't be everyone's friend.

"Compassion went out the window a long time ago. Now I just deliver justice." - Singapore Chief Justice Yong Pung How

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:49 am

That guy's a moron for posing for that picture.

CO

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:34 pm

CourtOfficer wrote:That guy's a moron for posing for that picture.

CO

Why is he a moron? It's about community policing and putting on a friendly image for the public. Hell I posed for tones of pictures yesterday mostly with Japanese and Chinese tourist. Given the recent "bad press" TPS got from the soccor thing I think it's great that so many of there members are willing to take a couple of minutes out to show the softer side of the department.

Billygoat
Grand Poobah

Postby Billygoat » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Yeah, that picture isn't so bad. I've seen a lot worse...the ones were a uniformed officer is dancing, those make me cringe.

I'm just glad I don't have to work that event ever again.
You can't be everyone's friend.

"Compassion went out the window a long time ago. Now I just deliver justice." - Singapore Chief Justice Yong Pung How

Haweater
Seasoned Member

Postby Haweater » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Billygoat wrote:Yeah, that picture isn't so bad. I've seen a lot worse...the ones were a uniformed officer is dancing, those make me cringe.

I'm just glad I don't have to work that event ever again.

2nd page of the Toronto Sun on Sunday

CourtOfficer
Site Admin

Postby CourtOfficer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:54 pm

The Police are there to do their job, not as a novelty. Do they know who they're posing for a picture with? Is one a prostitute? An organized crime associate? A wanted person? There are so many ways that a "posed" picture could come back to haunt someone and has. I think the Officer appears very unprofessional.

CO

NinjaNikki
Seasoned Member

Postby NinjaNikki » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:52 pm

And about the officers that pose with the kids from Regant Park for community events? The officers that pose with the "special" kids for special olympics? The officers that pose for a pic with the big business owner etc?

Whose to say the kid from Regant Park isn't a gang banger or will grow up to be one? The special kid could be pimping themself out on the side or swallowing drugs into this country for a living.. and lets not forget the big business owner could eventually be convicted of a crime in the US.

Don't get me wrong CO I understand what you are saying but to call the officer a moron I think is a little harsh. I don't see why posing for a Caribana photo should have any more negative connections than posing for any other event that gets put on in this city.