Search found 683 matches

by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 10:48 pm
Forum: Law Enforcement Applicants (FAQ)
Topic: PRK (visual correction) opinions and testimonials
Replies: 33
Views: 2764

Re: PRK (visual correction) opinions and testimonials

I had PRK done about 4 years ago and still see at 20/20 or slightly under. I always read about the Halo effect regarding night vision but didn't notice what people were talking about after my surgery. All I remember is the burning pain following surgery, felt like my eyelids were sandpaper when I bl...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 4:18 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

Notwithstanding what I do for a living, my points are still valid. Maybe if you spent more time advocating your position instead of worrying about who I am then you would be able to make a better case. Also, just because you have been given badges as Federal CO's doesn't mean you need them to do yo...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 3:41 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

VanB's responses have been articulate and succinct. At no time did he engage in any sort of offensive behaviour. For that reason alone, I'm more likely to pay attention to what he says. Like it or not, he is clearly skilled with the art of debate. I am having a hard time figuring out why some folks...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 3:10 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

If certain people would cease posting in a way intended to insult and/or offend me through personal attacks then maybe I wouldn't feel the need to defend myself. "Certain people" wouldn't need to waste time responding to your garbage if you kept your "opinions" outside of an unr...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 3:07 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

VanB wrote:
the1captain wrote: a couple of members taking up space trying to see who's dick is bigger.


Is that supposed to be directed at me?

I think it was directed at me because clearly mine is the biggest :wave: I kid
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 1:45 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

Jim Street wrote:That's funny, as most are in a section that you don't have access to.

I would rather communicate with all of my brothers on the private side then that little troll circle you have in police discussion.
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 1:43 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

How pray tell do you, or would you, know what any of us have done before getting on the job? Is it really this possible for someone to be so stupid, ignorant and self consumed with dislike for police? Not had many good run-ins with coppers huh? I do not dislike the police at all. I have had no nega...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 1:35 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

Jim Street wrote:Only known as "that guy" to you. It's not up to you to call for a lock, you're only furthering the made up divide by your moronic posts.

While I have not been around here as long as you. I have been on long enough to see many of your posts and the responses that follow.
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 1:33 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

Jim Street wrote:I think it's pretty arrogant for someone to assume police officers don't know anything about corrections.

NO it's not at all. You guys know nothing of Corrections. Don't make that claim unless your willing to flip side it.
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 1:28 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

I would never insult the RCMP. I am proud of the RCMP, it's just very apparent that it has its share of bad apples like any other service. Unfortunately there is a select few of bad apples happen to post on a public forum. LOL look how biased VanB is. He goes as far as to call us "jail guards&...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 1:13 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

I'm entitled to my opinion, just as much as you are, and in no way are you the person to tell me I'm right or wrong just because you say so. I invited you to offer argument in support of your position to change my mind, you couldn't so you started throwing insults at me. Even after you called me a ...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 12:54 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

I earned the term goof because I disagreed with you too effectively? Your opinion. Now quite being "that guy" that has to have the last hurrah following an argument and please vacate this thread. Leave it for the people it is intended for so we may either get back on subject or it eventua...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 12:47 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

And yet, I have to explain to you what the use of quotation marks means in writing, in that it would convey the thoughts of a member of the general public, who probably do call you jail guard, and call CBSA members border guards, etc, etc. You really can't have that poor of a grasp of the english l...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 12:39 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

Vand relax. I was joking around. Work in the fucked up world that is corrections. You learn to see humor where you can. But on the other hand why do you care so uch whether we even want badges? After 16 pages in the other thread(which ended up getting locked) and now here it seems to be a subject y...
by Federal CO
Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 pm
Forum: The Rant
Topic: Correctional Officer Badges?
Replies: 352
Views: 38350

Re: Correctional Officer Badges?

Had to think and come back for that one eh? Not really.....I actually thought that calling you an idiot was insulting to the idiots. You're more of a mouth-breathing retard. It's quite obvious that you can't have badges because: 1) They're not needed nor necessary 2) The potential for abuse 3) The ...